No thank you, Obama will help them.

Fregretu

Real Reason I Miss 'W'
Mar 8, 2009
Texas
I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

Care to elaborate on that?

I am a statistic.

If you have to tell a story that makes you not sound like a blowhard Republican at first, it's probably not true.

And I agree with what Article said.

I am a statistic.

Your husband has a small business that has an INCOME of over $250,000 a year or a NET PROFIT of over $250,000 a year? If it's the latter, tell your husband to fire his accountant. It's either A or your husband has absolutely no idea how to spend money on his business. Every single meal is a tax deduction. Every single transportation expense is a deduction. Tell your husband to lease a car in your businesses name and you can deduct your monthly payments. On and on and on.

I am a statistic.

Your husband has a small business that has an INCOME of over $250,000 a year or a NET PROFIT of over $250,000 a year? If it's the latter, tell your husband to fire his accountant. It's either A or your husband has absolutely no idea how to spend money on his business. Every single meal is a tax deduction.
(And so is every charitable contribution.)

Elaborate. The government can turn a dollar into a dime. I can give some one one dollar and it is still one dollar.

Elaborate. The government can turn a dollar into a dime. I can give some one one dollar and it is still one dollar.

Please answer my question. Does your husband make PROFIT of $250,000 a year or make an INCOME of $250,000 a year? The differences are night and day.

How about something meaningful?

Answering this question from David would be a good start ...

Your husband has a small business that has an INCOME of over $250,000 a year or a NET PROFIT of over $250,000 a year?

Sorry David,
The answer: No does not profit $250,000. But the new business tax laws in Texas don't acknowledge losses. As a matter of fact, the new business tax law is so cumbersome, even tax attorneys can't figure it out yet.

I hope you get audited, you lousy cheat.

That's not cheating. Cheating is saying you only made x amount of money when you really made z amount.

Which is exactly what you're doing. You're claiming that you made X amount less deductions, when you are not entitled to said deductions.

There are different rules when it comes to meals. Usually, you are only allowed to deduct 50% of your meal expenses. There are some situations where you can deduct 100% - company party, food catered in for meetings, a snack/coffee bar, etc.

But there is an argument that every meal out is deductible; if every meal out is with a existing/potential client and business is discussed.

At the end of the year though, only 50% of total expense is deductible.

A person who owns a business with his wife can legitimately deduct every meal they have out together as a business expense if business is discussed.

Last edited:
I am a statistic.

I'd assume what's left after expenses, employee salaries, benefits, and investing in the company.

Sorry David,
The answer: No does not profit $250,000. But the new business tax laws in Texas don't acknowledge losses. As a matter of fact, the new business tax law is so cumbersome, even tax attorneys can't figure it out yet.

I'm a bit confused. You don't need to worry about Texas tax laws because there are no income taxes in Texas. The business just has to file federal income taxes....

I am a statistic.

I'd assume what's left after expenses, employee salaries, benefits, and investing in the company.

So profit, then.

There's no way that he makes $250,000 in profit and takes home less than a family of 4 on welfare.

Forum List

Back