No terrorists here

Considering that the first war Israel fought they did without a real army and still managed to beat the Arabs, including the Jordanian Army, which was still being led by British Officers, I think that they would still whip the Arab's asses.

Because warfare is the same as it was 50 years ago, right?

You missed the part where the British reversed their decision and allowed the plan to be implemented. The main point being, the British had to agree to it before the UN could do it, meaning the British were responsible and the UN wasn't involved at all.

The UN weren't involved in the UN partition plan at all?

Alrighty then.

Believe it or not, people actually do tell you what they are going to do.

Like all those treaties between the US gov't and the Indians?

If the Israelis think there's going to be another Holocaust, such as being nuked by Iran, they're going to react according to what they think.

A Nuke is another holocaust? The US caused two holocausts? Interesting theory there.

Why, everything you have said shows you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Lmao, you are one to talk, boyo.

Do you really think that Israel could not have taken out those they 'think' might be a threat? Yet they haven't. Why would that be?

Because the world won't stand for a country that takes out anyone they 'think' might be a threat. You think the world is harsh on Israel now? They nuke for some crappy ass reason, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Because warfare is the same as it was 50 years ago, right?

No, because the arabs couldn't beat a girl scout troop.

The UN weren't involved in the UN partition plan at all?

Alrighty then.

Because if the Brits hadn't approved the plan, they would still be in charge there.

A Nuke is another holocaust? The US caused two holocausts? Interesting theory there.

Anything that Israel may consider to be another holocaust is going to trigger a heavy handed response from them, jackass.

Because the world won't stand for a country that takes out anyone they 'think' might be a threat. You think the world is harsh on Israel now? They nuke for some crappy ass reason, you ain't seen nothing yet.

That's pretty disingenuous... when has Israel taken out anyone they "think" is a threat? Seems they've had to be a proven threat before Israel's taken action.

But don't expect Israel to ignore nukes pointed at it. It will take out the nukes. And I don't see why you'd object to a targeted strike of that nature. It's nothing less than any other sovereign nation would do.

Or should Israel be nuked before it does anything?

No, because the arabs couldn't beat a girl scout troop.

/pat you.

Because if the Brits hadn't approved the plan, they would still be in charge there.

Umm no. Actually they never approved the plan, they just pulled out. Further the British mandate of Palestine was given to them by the League of Nations, and hence the int'l community could withdraw it and partition it however they damned well please.

Anything that Israel may consider to be another holocaust is going to trigger a heavy handed response from them, jackass.

Actually everything seems to trigger a heavy handed response from them.

/pat you.

Umm no. Actually they never approved the plan, they just pulled out. Further the British mandate of Palestine was given to them by the League of Nations, and hence the int'l community could withdraw it and partition it however they damned well please.

And they did just that.

Actually everything seems to trigger a heavy handed response from them.

Yeah, they should send chocolates to Hezbollah in response to missiles aimed at it and flowers to the loonies who teach children to blow themselves up to kill innocents.

:rolleyes:

You said it all. Israel hasn't done shit regarding 'threats' and has only acted in defense, yet you and 'the world' keeps threatening.

That's pretty disingenuous... when has Israel taken out anyone they "think" is a threat? Seems they've had to be a proven threat before Israel's taken action.

Right we are talking about Israel so any sense you have goes out the window. When did I say that Israel has taken out anyone they think is a threat? I didn't. Kathianne asked WHY they haven't. I answered because the world wouldn't stand for it.

But don't expect Israel to ignore nukes pointed at it. It will take out the nukes. And I don't see why you'd object to a targeted strike of that nature. It's nothing less than any other sovereign nation would do.

Were we talking about a targeted strike of that nature? No we were talking about NUKING Iran pre-emptively. Gee, I wonder why I might have a problem with that?

Or should Israel be nuked before it does anything?

Were we talking about "doing anything"? No. We were talking about Israel NUKING another sovreign nation.

Take off your rose coloured glasses for fucks sake.

And they did just that.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I think it should be a sign to you that you are being rabidly pro-Israel when you comment on what I say even though you agree with it, because I am neutral on this matter, whereas someone pro-Israel who says something false you give a by.

Yeah, they should send chocolates to Hezbollah in response to missiles aimed at it and flowers to the loonies who teach children to blow themselves up to kill innocents.

:rolleyes:

You do, I hope, understand the difference between a response and a proportational response?

Right we are talking about Israel so any sense you have goes out the window. When did I say that Israel has taken out anyone they think is a threat? I didn't. Kathianne asked WHY they haven't. I answered because the world wouldn't stand for it.

Were we talking about a targeted strike of that nature? No we were talking about NUKING Iran pre-emptively. Gee, I wonder why I might have a problem with that?

Were we talking about "doing anything"? No. We were talking about Israel NUKING another sovreign nation.

When has Israel threatened to nuke anyone? They haven't even acknowledge having such.

You said it all. Israel hasn't done shit regarding 'threats' and has only acted in defense, yet you and 'the world' keeps threatening.

Right they invaded Lebanon in "defense". I see how it goes.

I'm threatening? WTF are you on? You asked me a hypothetical about what would happen if Israel "took out" those it considered to be a threat. I anwsered it. That is a threat, how exactly?

Nobody is threatening Israel except the Arab states. To think that I or the UN is, is asinine.

No. We're talking about Israel so my friends on the left lose their mind with a racism and hatred they'd never direct at any other group.

If that's what was being said, I must have missed it. Israel has never acted in such a manner and I wouldn't expect them to now. I would, however, expect a mission like the one that occurred in Iraq.

I reiterate my first and second paragraphs...let me know when you support policies that don't destroy a country that I see as legitimate, necessary and to which I have close ties in favor of people who blow up babies in carriages.

I've never said I don't have a horse in the race, but I don't think demanding policies that would result in TWO sovereign nations is a bad thing. You seem to have this idea that the fair result would be for jews to be subjugated by Arabs in yet another middle eastern country. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. NOT EVER. So my cohorts on the left had better start taking a more realistic view of this situation.

I'm threatening? WTF are you on? You asked me a hypothetical about what would happen if Israel "took out" those it considered to be a threat. I anwsered it. That is a threat, how exactly?

Nobody is threatening Israel except the Arab states. To think that I or the UN is, is asinine.

What would the US do if a terrorist group was lobbing missiles at Detroit from Canada's southern border?

You think we'd send tea and crumpets?

No. We're talking about Israel so my friends on the left lose their mind with a racism and hatred they'd never direct at any other group.

Go fuck yourself. I am NOT racist and I do NOT hate Israel. Judaism is the only religion I've ever considered becoming, and I would love to live in Israel for a time. That doesn't mean they get a pass when they commit HR violations.

Congratulations, your Jewish. Identify with Israel. But don't you fucking dare think that because someone dares to criticize them they are racist. Yes, I criticize Israel. Yes, I criticize the PA. Yes I critize America. Yes I criticize China. OMG...I must hate the world, or some tired old bullshit like that.

If that's what was being said, I must have missed it. Israel has never acted in such a manner and I wouldn't expect them to now. I would, however, expect a mission like the one that occurred in Iraq.

Gee, you missed it? What a surprise. I mean you've been acting so rationally and all on this topic. Asking such pointed and brilliant questions like why the UNSC never criticizes China.

I reiterate my first and second paragraphs...let me know when you support policies that don't destroy a country that I see as legitimate, necessary and to which I have close ties in favor of people who blow up babies in carriages.

Again, fuck you. You don't know what my policies are regarding Israel you've just made asinine assumptions about them because I'm not a rabid pro-Israel freak.

I've never said I don't have a horse in the race, but I don't think demanding policies that would result in TWO sovereign nations is a bad thing. You seem to have this idea that the fair result would be for jews to be subjugated by Arabs in yet another middle eastern country. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. NOT EVER.

Yet, again, fuck you.

I challenge you to give me ONE quote that I have EVER said on this board that said that Israel should be subjugated by the Arabs. Otherwise I'd ask for an apology and a retraction.

In fact, I've said the EXACT opposite. What don't you get about me saying I support Israel having autonomous and defensible borders AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T FUCK OVER EVERYONE ELSE???. Yes, we all know you have a horse in the race. Thats why you suddely turn into a banshee. I, however, don't. I am interested in a peaceful settlement that is *omg* FAIR. For BOTH sides.

What would the US do if a terrorist group was lobbing missiles at Detroit from Canada's southern border?

You think we'd invade Canada and destroy their infrastructure and 1,000 civilians?

I think not.

You think we'd invade Canada and destroy their infrastructure and 1,000 civilians?

I think not.

I think we'd give Canada about three days to fix the problem themselves or we'd flatten them.

And I think you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. And no one anywhere in the world would object...

because sovereign nations get to defend themselves.

Of course, you could blame Hezbollah for firing the missiles and hiding behind civilians, but blaming Israel is so much more facile.

I think we'd give Canada about three days to fix the problem themselves or we'd flatten them.

Umm, no. Thats absurd.

And I think you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. And no one anywhere in the world would object...

because sovereign nations get to defend themselves.

Sovreign nations get to issue proportional response. You don't get to do anything you want in self defense. Sorry, thats just not how it works.

Of course, you could blame Hezbollah for firing the missiles and hiding behind civilians, but blaming Israel is so much more facile.

Of course you could not assume that I don't blame Hezbollah, but assuming that might make you actually have to examine your extremely flawed and problematic arguments.

Ummm yup!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict

The conflict began when Hezbollah militants fired rockets at Israeli border towns as a diversion for an anti-tank missile attack on two armored Humvees patrolling the Israeli side of the border fence.[20] Of the seven Israeli soldiers in the two jeeps, two were wounded, three were killed, and two were captured and taken to Lebanon.[20] Five more were killed in a failed Israeli rescue attempt.

Ummm yup!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict

The conflict began when Hezbollah militants fired rockets at Israeli border towns as a diversion for an anti-tank missile attack on two armored Humvees patrolling the Israeli side of the border fence.[20] Of the seven Israeli soldiers in the two jeeps, two were wounded, three were killed, and two were captured and taken to Lebanon.[20] Five more were killed in a failed Israeli rescue attempt.

Hezbollah != Lebanon.

Forum List

Back