No terrorists here

Umm, no. The UN plan was TOO favourable to the Jews. The one that the UN created. Doesn't jive well with the idea that the UN has always hated Israel.

Oh it was just so simple that Arabs want Jews dead? Is that all he got from his degree? Somehow I think (know actually) its much more complicated.

Yes, the Arab states don't like the creation of a new state that keeps taking their land and such. What a surprise.
False pony, the UN created Israel, tried to do the same with Palestine, but was rebuffed. 6 Day War and subsequent made it much worse. Israel prevailed militarily, but not politically world wide. Indeed, the UN became the most likely to destroy.

Not really...

Right, because the Arabs are all evil and the Jews are all saintly, right?

Try not to let your emotions cloud the issue too much. This is about a LOT more than the tired old bullshit of Arabs v. Jews.

What took their land was them attacking Israel repeatedly and losing.

No, actually Israel took their land by force. That was just the excuse they did it under. You don't get to steal someones land because they attack you in a war. 300 years ago, yes, 50 years ago, no.

No, actually Israel took their land by force. That was just the excuse they did it under. You don't get to steal someones land because they attack you in a war. 300 years ago, yes, 50 years ago, no.

That's bull... you complaining about the Brits setting up Iraq? Or the UAE? or any of the other arab countries that were rewarded after WWII?

Losers lose land. That's it. And if they want their own state, they should negotiate in good faith. But whatever they get has to leave Israel with defensible borders.

That shouldn't be that complex...except when dealing with people who have repeatedly said they want to push the jews into the sea.

Or don't you believe them?

Right, because the Arabs are all evil and the Jews are all saintly, right?

Try not to let your emotions cloud the issue too much. This is about a LOT more than the tired old bullshit of Arabs v. Jews.

But 60 years or so ago, the USSR picked up lots. The China is claiming Hong Kong, Tibet? What's so different?

That's bull... you complaining about the Brits setting up Iraq? Or the UAE? or any of the other arab countries that were rewarded after WWII?

WTH? When did I say that the creation of Israel was bad or shouldn't have been done?

Losers lose land. That's it.

Oh, well the machiavellian theory of politics. Just like the losers of war get their population slaughtered and thrown into gas chambers, right? Oh well I'm sure thats not allowed because that int'l law is to your benefit and not against it.

And if they want their own state, they should negotiate in good faith.

They who? A fractured and disjointed people with no real leaders?

But whatever they get has to leave Israel with defensible borders.

And what about their defensible borders? Or is that not so important?

That shouldn't be that complex...except when dealing with people who have repeatedly said they want to push the jews into the sea.

Because the Israelis have just a marvelous Human rights record when it comes to the Arabs, right?

But 60 years or so ago, the USSR picked up lots.
The China is claiming Hong Kong, Tibet? What's so different?

USSR was a problem. Hong Kong was a peaceful transfer of land, no war involved. And as for Tibet...gee no problem there. People are just thinking of boycotting the Olympics because China is too far away or something.

If you are wondering why the UNSC doesn't condemn them, well then you know pretty much nothing about the UN.

USSR was a problem. Hong Kong was a peaceful transfer of land, no war involved. And as for Tibet...gee no problem there. People are just thinking of boycotting the Olympics because China is too far away or something.

If you are wondering why the UNSC doesn't condemn them, well then you know pretty much nothing about the UN.

Really? And Taiwan? Seriously grow a pair.

Do you know that even given the horrible things in the world...China, Darfur, Iran, Terrorists, etc, that the majority of UN condemnations have been directed at Israel.

Why do you think THAT is?

WTH? When did I say that the creation of Israel was bad or shouldn't have been done?

Oh, well the machiavellian theory of politics. Just like the losers of war get their population slaughtered and thrown into gas chambers, right? Oh well I'm sure thats not allowed because that int'l law is to your benefit and not against it.

They who? A fractured and disjointed people with no real leaders?

And what about their defensible borders? Or is that not so important?

Because the Israelis have just a marvelous Human rights record when it comes to the Arabs, right?

With regard to their citizens ... YES Israel has a marvelous human rights' record. Palestinians aren't citizens. And their record with Israelis isn't so hot.

It's not that I think Israel was perfect...it's that I'm sick to death of the terrorist supporters being one-sided and not assigning any responsibility to terrorists.

Oh..and unlike you, I have no problem with Palestinians having an autonomous and defensible state. It just can't be in Israel.

Really? And Taiwan? Seriously grow a pair.

Taiwan has switched between Japan and China for several hundred years. Japan won Taiwan in war from China and China won it back.

Grow a pair? Sorry that I actually know the ins and out of world conflict and don't just spew out shit without thinking.

Here are a few more for you to consider. Chechneya, Basque, Quebec, Cyprus.

Do you know that even given the horrible things in the world...China, Darfur, Iran, Terrorists, etc, that the majority of UN condemnations have been directed at Israel.

Why do you think THAT is?

:eusa_wall:

Gee, I wonder why the UNSC doesn't condemn CHINA. Why don't you think about that statement for a second?

And no, its not because Israel is full of Jews as much as you might want to think that. Its because their only staunch ally on the UNSC is willing to condemn them when they commit human rights violations. Thats not true for friends of China and Russia.

With regard to their citizens ... YES Israel has a marvelous human rights' record. Palestinians aren't citizens. And their record with Israelis isn't so hot.

Oh well cheers. Its ok to kill people and violate their human rights if they aren't their citizens. Guess all was A OK in Poland during WWII since the gross and horrible HR violations that were going on were caused by foreigners.

It's not that I think Israel was perfect...it's that I'm sick to death of the terrorist supporters being one-sided and not assigning any responsibility to terrorists.

Then why the fuck are you arguing with me when I specifically and constantly say over and over again that BOTH sides are to blame?

Oh..and unlike you, I have no problem with Palestinians having an autonomous and defensible state. It just can't be in Israel.

Oh? What makes you think I have a problem with a Palestinian autonomous and defensible state?

Oh well cheers. Its ok to kill people and violate their human rights if they aren't their citizens. Guess all was A OK in Poland during WWII since the gross and horrible HR violations that were going on were caused by foreigners.

No. It's okay to retaliate for terrorist attacks and clean out terrorist strongholds. Israel isn't responsible for the fact that terrorists like to hind behind children.

Then why the fuck are you arguing with me when I specifically and constantly say over and over again that BOTH sides are to blame?

Well if you think both sides are to blame, perhaps you'll start supporting policies that don't only hurt Israel.

Oh? What makes you think I have a problem with a Palestinian autonomous and defensible state?

Oh...I don't. I think you have a problem with ISRAEL being autonomous and having defensible borders.

No. It's okay to retaliate for terrorist attacks and clean out terrorist strongholds. Israel isn't responsible for the fact that terrorists like to hind behind children.

Its ok to attack proportionally . Israel doesn't in clear violation of int'l law.

Well if you think both sides are to blame, perhaps you'll start supporting policies that don't only hurt Israel.

And which policies are those?

Oh...I don't. I think you have a problem with ISRAEL being autonomous and having defensible borders.

Right, because I hate Jews, right?

What a bunch of unadulterated bullshit. I have a problem with Israel being autonomous and having defensible borders IF AND ONLY IF those things cause undue harm to other states/peoples. If they don't, I fully support them having those things.

After sanctions? Perhaps not.
Considering that the first war Israel fought they did without a real army and still managed to beat the Arabs, including the Jordanian Army, which was still being led by British Officers, I think that they would still whip the Arab's asses.

Umm, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_UN_Partition_Plan

Actually the UN partition plan (the one that was implemented) was rejected by the British because it was too favourable to the Jews . In fact the Jews loved the plan and the Arabs hated it. Wait...that doesn't jive too well with the shit you've made up, does it?

You missed the part where the British reversed their decision and allowed the plan to be implemented. The main point being, the British had to agree to it before the UN could do it, meaning the British were responsible and the UN wasn't involved at all.

Ah, well if they say it, it must be true.

Believe it or not, people actually do tell you what they are going to do.

Suddenly we are talking about another Holocaust? Quite a jump you've made there.

If the Israelis think there's going to be another Holocaust, such as being nuked by Iran, they're going to react according to what they think.

Haha...might want to check your own information before asking me if I've ever read anything on it.

Why, everything you have said shows you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

If the Israelis think there's going to be another Holocaust, such as being nuked by Iran, they're going to react according to what they think.

yup... just like all those white supremacists that said the EXACT same thing during the civil rights era... I mean, if they FEEL threatened then they should have the full range of options available, eh?

:cuckoo:

Why criticize when they are only reacting according to what they think?

lynching3.jpg

yup... just like all those white supremacists that said the EXACT same thing during the civil rights era... I mean, if they FEEL threatened then they should have the full range of options available, eh?

:cuckoo:

Why criticize when they are only reacting according to what they think?

lynching3.jpg
Do you really think that Israel could not have taken out those they 'think' might be a threat? Yet they haven't. Why would that be?

Forum List

Back