No Terrorism in Iraq Before the War? Oh Really?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/631slkle.asp

In the last few days, John Kerry's campaign has challenged Bush adminstrations claims of an Iraq-al Qaeda connection. the effort has been amateurish and confused. Kerry has conflated two seperate issues-an Iraq-Sept 11 connection (which cannot be proven) and the Iraq-al Qaeda connection (which has been)- in a lame attempt to accuse the Bush administration of "misleading" America about the Iraq war.

On the other hand, on September 7 Kerry said that the soldiers who have died in Iraq have done so "on behalf of freedom in the war on terror". It was a moment of lucidity the Kerry campaign could not let stand. Kerry spokesman Stephanie Cutter told the Los Angeles Times that the comment should not be misinterpreted as endorsing Bush administrations claims of an Iraq-al Qaeda connection. And then she dropped the stunner at the top of the page: "There was no terrorism in Iraq before we went to war..........Really ?? read on.............

padisha emperor said:
BUSH and his administration - Rumsfeld, Rice, Cheney.... - are murderers Crime against world...to quote merlin...

(i'll find the link, don't worry)

Pretty intense today, Padisha. Algerians move in next door? Couldn't wear your burka to school? Your family's cemetary plot get spay painted? That wicked 35 hour work week got you down?

padisha emperor said:
BUSH and his administration - Rumsfeld, Rice, Cheney.... - are murderers Crime against world...to quote merlin...

(i'll find the link, don't worry)

Actually this link was about Kerry's pathological lying not only campaigning, but through out his political career. I doubt Merlin would look favorabley on him ;)

Bonnie said:
www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/631slkle.asp

In the last few days, John Kerry's campaign has challenged Bush adminstrations claims of an Iraq-al Qaeda connection. the effort has been amateurish and confused. Kerry has conflated two seperate issues-an Iraq-Sept 11 connection (which cannot be proven) and the Iraq-al Qaeda connection (which has been)- in a lame attempt to accuse the Bush administration of "misleading" America about the Iraq war.

On the other hand, on September 7 Kerry said that the soldiers who have died in Iraq have done so "on behalf of freedom in the war on terror". It was a moment of lucidity the Kerry campaign could not let stand. Kerry spokesman Stephanie Cutter told the Los Angeles Times that the comment should not be misinterpreted as endorsing Bush administrations claims of an Iraq-al Qaeda connection. And then she dropped the stunner at the top of the page: "There was no terrorism in Iraq before we went to war..........Really ?? read on.............
good find Bonnie

Where's DKsuddeth?

"OMG I can't believe you're posting an article from the Weakly Standard." -channeled dk :D

Nice article.

Forum List

Back