No Talk About Immigration Policy In Campaigns

changingtimes

Aug 30, 2004
Is it just me or has everyone else noticed that there hasn't been any talk about immigration policy in these elections? With all the talk about national security it seems that someone would be asking questions pertaining to immigration reform. We are in crisis mode as far as immigration is concerned. We have between 10 -20 million illegal alliens in this country and the vast majorty of them have no intentions of assimilating. It is dividing us and costing us severely as a nation. The democrats like the votes and the Republicans like the cheep labor, mean while the average American is left in the cold. When are the American people going to wake up and realize that the politicians in the two major parties have no intentions regarding doing what's right? They just do whatever it takes to get as many votes as possible.

Don't believe immigration is a problem? Seriously check out these web sites and then form an opinion: www.numbersusa.com , www.illegalwatch.com , www.fairus.org

The stories on these web sites will frighten you

Dont expect there to be either. the sad truth is that American politics and immigrants have been closely tied since the begining of this country. The minority groups that are easily won over by a few handouts often vote for the person with the best prize.

My hope is that when Bush wins, he will get down to business on the Border situation.

((((" The democrats like the votes and the Republicans like the cheep labor, mean while the average American is left in the cold. When are the American people going to wake up and realize that the politicians in the two major parties have no intentions regarding doing what's right? They just do whatever it takes to get as many votes as possible.")))

The "American People" Don't care about much of anything. To anser the Question when the bottom drop's out of the economy, Like they have predicted for year's
Manufacuring job's along with anything elt's that's possible is moving to China and india- Is everyone that is forced out of that going to goto Collage for 4 year's? No. After they realize they will probably not have the same level of income will they feel they'v been cheated? If it happen's to enouph people at once.
You realy can't blam the immagrant's leagle or not either when you'v never had anything your going to do what you have to. I If i were them I'd be doing the same thing! If we as a country would spend about 3/4 of the military buget on making the world a better place and stop ripping people off. there would't be a immigration problem.

DKSuddeth said:
theres no immigration talk because it would be bad for both campaigns.

I guarantee you that if Bush made serious immigration reform an issue in this campaign and people knew he was serious about it he would win in a land slide :bsflag:

William Joyce said:
Bush already advanced the idea of amnesty for those 8 million plus that are here and recieved alot of anger from his base.

Kerry can't stray from the normal democrat stance on immigration for fear of 'flip floppin' again and most of america has had it with the current immigration policy anyway. mentioning it, or tightening the borders even, will only anger one side or the other of his base support.

DKSuddeth said:
Bush already advanced the idea of amnesty for those 8 million plus that are here and recieved alot of anger from his base.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm making a mistake here, but aren't you contradicting what you said in your first post on this thread?

You said, "there's no immigration talk because it would be bad for both campaigns"

I'm assuming that you are refering to anti-immigration talk, since that's what the original post was focused on.

I would assume that since Bush received so much anger from his base when he talked about amnesty that he would get a lot of positive attention if he talked about comprehensive, effective reform.

DKSuddeth said:

Kerry can't stray from the normal democrat stance on immigration for fear of 'flip floppin' again and most of america has had it with the current immigration policy anyway. mentioning it, or tightening the borders even, will only anger one side or the other of his base support.

I see.

I would agree with timechanger, though, that this is one flip-flop Bush should make, and if he did, it would energize many conservatives to come out and vote for him. For many, this is the one issue they hate him on, but it's such a huge issue that they feel betrayed enough NOT to vote for him, or anyone.

William Joyce said:
I see.

I would agree with timechanger, though, that this is one flip-flop Bush should make, and if he did, it would energize many conservatives to come out and vote for him. For many, this is the one issue they hate him on, but it's such a huge issue that they feel betrayed enough NOT to vote for him, or anyone.

Nope, conservatives are voting for Bush in HUGE numbers despite his immigration stance. The only viable solution is amnesty, you know it and I know it. Mark my words there will be no military or strengethened border patrol presence on the border, Mexicans have been coming over for decades and we haven't done nothing, what makes you think it will happen now? Also Bush will advance the amnesty issue again since he has nothing to lose since he doesn't have to run for reelection again. Mark my words.

I agree with the fact that Bush will not lose his conservative base, I mean what choice do they have, to vote for Kerry. :laugh: Where we differ is on the subject of amnesty. You can not and must not reward criminal behavior in any form; and yes to illegally enter the United States is a crime, plain and simple, regardless of your reasons. There are many people right here in the US seeking a better life, can they rob a bank and be justified in their actions ? The simple answer is no; same can be said for illegal immigration.

While I do believe that America is the land of opportunity and should be open to all who wish to come and contribute to it's greatness, while also building a better life for themselves and their children, it must be controlled and regulated. I am tired of paying to support these criminals who cross our boarders only to become a drain on the American taxpayer. They want to come and work, we need the cheap labor, fine, then establish a guest worker program, but amnesty, no way !

You are right though, both parties are afraid to touch this subject out of fear of losing the hispanic vote. That is a real shame that votes count more than the good of the nation !

Now I got this from CNN so relibilty maybe at question, but supposedly a group of 9/11 victims have been talking and making a uproar about this. To the effect how can we protect our country when we can't protect our borders. Now not to disscredit bush but he has no intentions of changing or building up a better border between us and mexico. So no no one cares. Politicians care HAA!!...unfortunely they don't but the time they get elected whats good for them is good for the country..and untill we as the people get tired of this it won't change.

Mr. Bush wants to increase the number of immigrants who are allowed to work in the U.S; I support Mr. Bush and the foreign work exchange program. http://www.fulbright.co.uk/eas/workexchange/
This is a good way for future leaders of the world to get to know the American culture and way of life. I believe it also helps to raise the level of customer service and productivity in our businesses. Both sides benefit from this exchange.

White knight said:
Mr. Bush wants to increase the number of immigrants who are allowed to work in the U.S; I support Mr. Bush and the foreign work exchange program. http://www.fulbright.co.uk/eas/workexchange/
This is a good way for future leaders of the world to get to know the American culture and way of life. I believe it also helps to raise the level of customer service and productivity in our businesses. Both sides benefit from this exchange.

Don't ya just love the "customer service" ya get from people who can't speak english ?

dilloduck said:
Don't ya just love the "customer service" ya get from people who can't speak english ?
Actually many speak better English then you, unlike Amirika, the majority of EU and other countries learn english as a second language, beside they watch the same english speaking television programs as you.

Actually many speak better English then you, unlike Amirika, the majority of EU and other countries learn english as a second language, beside they watch the same english speaking television programs as you.

Well, considering your grasp of the English language, I can understand why you made this statement. Believe me, many other CEO's beside myself, and boards that we deal with are reconsidering the outsourcing of customer support departments for this very reason.

Forum List

Back