No Talk About Immigration Policy In Campaigns

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by changingtimes, Sep 9, 2004.

1. changingtimes

changingtimes Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is it just me or has everyone else noticed that there hasn't been any talk about immigration policy in these elections? With all the talk about national security it seems that someone would be asking questions pertaining to immigration reform. We are in crisis mode as far as immigration is concerned. We have between 10 -20 million illegal alliens in this country and the vast majorty of them have no intentions of assimilating. It is dividing us and costing us severely as a nation. The democrats like the votes and the Republicans like the cheep labor, mean while the average American is left in the cold. When are the American people going to wake up and realize that the politicians in the two major parties have no intentions regarding doing what's right? They just do whatever it takes to get as many votes as possible.

Don't believe immigration is a problem? Seriously check out these web sites and then form an opinion: www.numbersusa.com , www.illegalwatch.com , www.fairus.org

The stories on these web sites will frighten you

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Dont expect there to be either. the sad truth is that American politics and immigrants have been closely tied since the begining of this country. The minority groups that are easily won over by a few handouts often vote for the person with the best prize.

My hope is that when Bush wins, he will get down to business on the Border situation.

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    theres no immigration talk because it would be bad for both campaigns.

4. dumphauler

dumphauler Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ((((" The democrats like the votes and the Republicans like the cheep labor, mean while the average American is left in the cold. When are the American people going to wake up and realize that the politicians in the two major parties have no intentions regarding doing what's right? They just do whatever it takes to get as many votes as possible.")))

The "American People" Don't care about much of anything. To anser the Question when the bottom drop's out of the economy, Like they have predicted for year's
    Manufacuring job's along with anything elt's that's possible is moving to China and india- Is everyone that is forced out of that going to goto Collage for 4 year's? No. After they realize they will probably not have the same level of income will they feel they'v been cheated? If it happen's to enouph people at once.
    You realy can't blam the immagrant's leagle or not either when you'v never had anything your going to do what you have to. I If i were them I'd be doing the same thing! If we as a country would spend about 3/4 of the military buget on making the world a better place and stop ripping people off. there would't be a immigration problem.

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    How so?

6. changingtimes

changingtimes Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I guarantee you that if Bush made serious immigration reform an issue in this campaign and people knew he was serious about it he would win in a land slide :bsflag:

7. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Bush already advanced the idea of amnesty for those 8 million plus that are here and recieved alot of anger from his base.

Kerry can't stray from the normal democrat stance on immigration for fear of 'flip floppin' again and most of america has had it with the current immigration policy anyway. mentioning it, or tightening the borders even, will only anger one side or the other of his base support.

8. changingtimes

changingtimes Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5

9. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I see.

I would agree with timechanger, though, that this is one flip-flop Bush should make, and if he did, it would energize many conservatives to come out and vote for him. For many, this is the one issue they hate him on, but it's such a huge issue that they feel betrayed enough NOT to vote for him, or anyone.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Nope, conservatives are voting for Bush in HUGE numbers despite his immigration stance. The only viable solution is amnesty, you know it and I know it. Mark my words there will be no military or strengethened border patrol presence on the border, Mexicans have been coming over for decades and we haven't done nothing, what makes you think it will happen now? Also Bush will advance the amnesty issue again since he has nothing to lose since he doesn't have to run for reelection again. Mark my words.