No 'tag' on school grounds

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Do I hate spineless "leaders" or unethical lawsuits and the judges who allow them?

Massachusetts School Bans Tag Amid Fears of Injuries, Lawsuits
ATTLEBORO, Mass. — Tag, you're out!

Officials at an elementary school south of Boston have banned kids from playing tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chase game during recess for fear they'll get hurt and hold the school liable.

Recess is "a time when accidents can happen," said Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe, who approved the ban.

While there is no districtwide ban on contact sports during recess, local rules have been cropping up. Several school administrators around Attleboro, a city of about 45,000 residents, took aim at dodgeball a few years ago, saying it was exclusionary and dangerous.

Elementary schools in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Spokane, Wash., also recently banned tag during recess. A suburban Charleston, S.C., school outlawed all unsupervised contact sports.

Read the rest:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,222022,00.html

When i saw the title i thought "Tag" body spray. When i read the article, i feel more ashamed for our country. Of course it is Massuchusetts. I also find it ironic that schools in this neighborhood have the time to stop kids from playing tag while schools in Philly can't stop kids from beating the shit out of other kids in the school yard with 3 or 4 kids jumping on 1.

When i saw the title i thought "Tag" body spray. When i read the article, i feel more ashamed for our country. Of course it is Massuchusetts. I also find it ironic that schools in this neighborhood have the time to stop kids from playing tag while schools in Philly can't stop kids from beating the shit out of other kids in the school yard with 3 or 4 kids jumping on 1.

Welcome to a generation of kids raised by Dr. Spock. :(

Everytime I hear another one of these stories, it makes me all the happier I'm as old as I am. None of this shit happened when I was a kid.

It also makes me wonder, everytime I go to a store and see all the women carting one, two, three little kids along with them... what the hell kind of fucked up world are these kids going to have to grow up in? They'll never know how good we used to have.

Back when I was a kid, I'd be out in one of my hotrods driving like the devil was chasing me, half in the bag, and the local cop would pull me over and say, "well howdy Tom, (I was on a first name basis with all of them), going a little fast tonight aren't we? And what's that I smell, you been drinking tonight?" He'd then say, "I'll tell ya what, I'm going to FOLLOW you HOME, and you're going to PARK that hotrod for the REST OF THE NIGHT." Can you imagine that?! My punishment for speeding and driving drunk was... I HAD TO PARK MY HOTROD FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT! Do you think that happens today? I highly doubt it. YOU are going to JAIL! (Unless your last name is kennedy.)

Times change. I feel sorry for the fucked up world little kids have to live in nowadays.

Massachusetts School Bans Tag Amid Fears of Injuries, Lawsuits
ATTLEBORO, Mass. — Tag, you're out!

Officials at an elementary school south of Boston have banned kids from playing tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chase game during recess for fear they'll get hurt and hold the school liable.

Recess is "a time when accidents can happen," said Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe, who approved the ban.

While there is no districtwide ban on contact sports during recess, local rules have been cropping up. Several school administrators around Attleboro, a city of about 45,000 residents, took aim at dodgeball a few years ago, saying it was exclusionary and dangerous.

Elementary schools in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Spokane, Wash., also recently banned tag during recess. A suburban Charleston, S.C., school outlawed all unsupervised contact sports.

Read the rest:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,222022,00.html

Great, our enemies are busy raising their kids to be a Nation of Islam, we're raising ours to be a Nation of Sissys.

Great, our enemies are busy raising their kids to be a Nation of Islam, we're raising ours to be a Nation of Sissys.

Naw, ya got it all wrong.

This a well thought out plan, that the liberals have been working on for decades.

They've eliminated the need for conventional war,and all forms of physical confrontation, kinda messy, someone(them)could actually get hurt.:shocked:

All disagreements will be resolved in an international court of law, we'll just overwhelm them with law suits. I'm sure the United Nations would do a stellar job.:spank3:

Course, there are still a few details to work out, like getting the other side to sit down, and stop blowing themselves up.:smoke:

Forum List

Back