No Swine Flu Shots For Obama Girls

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
It would appear the Obama's agree with many other level-headed assessments that for the vast majority of the population the swine flu is not the dire threat some have made it out to be?

Or not?

First Daughters Not Vaccinated Against H1N1

President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

» First Daughters Not Vaccinated Against H1N1 Row 2, Seat 4 « FOXNews.com

It would appear the Obama's agree with many other level-headed assessments that for the vast majority of the population the swine flu is not the dire threat some have made it out to be?

Or not?

President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

Yeah, that's right. So far vaccines have been administered to those at highest risk first.

If it had been reported that the Obama children had already been vaccinated they would be accused of favoritism, I suppose...?

Thanks for that factoid to clearly demonstrate a rational preparation without panic. :thup:

Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

Sinatra can't read. Even if they did have the vaccine available to them, they couldn't receive it due to their risks.

No - you fail to see the forest for the trees...

Clearly this pandemic is more hype than reality. The vast majority of Americans fall out of the "high risk" categories.

And it will be very interesting to hear (and perhaps we won't - the story posted is already more than two weeks old) if the First Daughters actually ever receive the swine flu vaccine...

Updated: Apparently there have been seasonal flu shots, but no swine flu shots for any of the First Family as of this week...

____

Health Care
Obama gets a flu shot, but not for swine flu
By Rob Stein
President Obama received a seasonal flu shot Tuesday afternoon, a White House official said. A White House physician administered the shot while accompanying the president on a trip to New York, where he is attending fund-raisers for the Democratic Party and a House candidate.

The first lady and Obama girls had received their seasonal flu vaccines previously.

The seasonal flu shot does not vaccinate against the H1N1 swine flu virus, and Obama is not in one of the groups -- such as pregnant women, health-care workers and those under age 24 -- designated as high-priority for receiving the scarce H1N1 vaccine.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/10/20/obama_gets_a_flu_shot_but_not.html?wprss=44

Last edited:
Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

Sinatra can't read. Even if they did have the vaccine available to them, they couldn't receive it due to their risks.

That isn't what the article said. It said that the CDC recommended the shot to every child 6 mos to 18 years.

But that those who were at greatest risk to the virus were being prioritized for vaccinations.

The president's health is certainly worthy of making 3 exceptions, in fact his "state of emergency" waives all federal regulations involved.

I agree that Obama doesn't consider the risks imposed by the virus worthy of accepting the risks posed by the vaccine.

IOW this isn't an emergency.

Is this legit?

First the author notes that the CDC itself has stated swine flu infections have already peaked - and did so in mid-October. I am attempting to confirm this right now.

Then the explanations of the national emergency declaration - yikes! Is this just an example of too rampant paranoia?

Excerpt:

___

NaturalNews) According to the CDC, swine flu infections have already peaked, and the pandemic is on its way out. Peak infection time was the middle of October, where one in five U.S. children experienced the flu, says the CDC. Out of nearly 14,000 suspected flu cases tested during the week ending on October 10, 2009, 99.6% of those were influenza A, and the vast majority of those were confirmed as H1N1 swine flu infections. (CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Weekly Report: Influenza Summary Update)

Even though the H1N1 pandemic appears to have peaked out, U.S. President Barack Obama has now declared a national emergency over swine flu infections. The reasoning behind such a declaration? According to the White House, it's designed to "allow hospitals to better handle the surge in patients" by allowing them to bypass certain federal laws.

Emergency powers trump the Bill of Rights
That's the public explanation for this, but the real agenda behind this declaration may be far more sinister. Declaring a national emergency immediately gives federal authorities dangerous new powers that can now be enforced at gunpoint, including:

• The power to force mandatory swine flu vaccinations on the entire population.

• The power to arrest, quarantine or "involuntarily transport" anyone who refuses a swine flu vaccination.

• The power to quarantine an entire city and halt all travel in or out of that city.

• The power to enter any home or office without a search warrant and order the destruction of any belongings or structures deemed to be a threat to public health.

• The effective nullification of the Bill of Rights. Your right to due process, to being safe from government search and seizure, and to remain silent to avoid self-incrimination are all null and void under a Presidential declaration of a national emergency.

None of this means that federal agents are going to march door to door arresting people at gunpoint if they refuse the vaccine, but they could if they wanted to. Your rights as an American are no longer recognized under this national emergency declaration.

President Obama declares national emergency over swine flu pandemic; but why? by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

That isn't what the article said. It said that the CDC recommended the shot to every child 6 mos to 18 years.

But that those who were at greatest risk to the virus were being prioritized for vaccinations.

The president's health is certainly worthy of making 3 exceptions, in fact his "state of emergency" waives all federal regulations involved.

I agree that Obama doesn't consider the risks imposed by the virus worthy of accepting the risks posed by the vaccine.

IOW this isn't an emergency.

That was kinda how I saw it as well - if this was a national emergency, why has no-one in the First Family received the swine flu vaccine?

Wouldn't the Obama's go a long way in setting a responsible example and alleviate concerns if they simply received the vaccine?

No - you fail to see the forest for the trees...

Clearly this pandemic is more hype than reality. The vast majority of Americans fall out of the "high risk" categories.

And it will be very interesting to hear (and perhaps we won't - the story posted is already more than two weeks old) if the First Daughters actually ever receive the swine flu vaccine...

Updated: Apparently there have been seasonal flu shots, but no swine flu shots for any of the First Family as of this week...

____

Health Care
Obama gets a flu shot, but not for swine flu
By Rob Stein
President Obama received a seasonal flu shot Tuesday afternoon, a White House official said. A White House physician administered the shot while accompanying the president on a trip to New York, where he is attending fund-raisers for the Democratic Party and a House candidate.

The first lady and Obama girls had received their seasonal flu vaccines previously.

The seasonal flu shot does not vaccinate against the H1N1 swine flu virus, and Obama is not in one of the groups -- such as pregnant women, health-care workers and those under age 24 -- designated as high-priority for receiving the scarce H1N1 vaccine.

Obama gets a flu shot, but not for swine flu | 44 | washingtonpost.com

Thanks for the update Mr Sinatra

I've been staying awake nights worrying about this

Or not?

Yeah right! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Or not?

Yeah right! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That statement did seem quite absurd.

It still seems very odd that no member of the Obama family has had the swine flu vaccination...at least to anyone who truly believes this flu is as big a threat as so many in the media have hyped it as, to say nothing of the White House itself...

I want to know why the fuck you care? YOu are the one obsessed with obama, you talk about him more than any liberal on this board.

I want to know why the fuck you care? YOu are the one obsessed with obama, you talk about him more than any liberal on this board.

calm down, the discussion is about why if the swine flu is such a "national emergency" he doesn't protect his children. They do attend school don't they? They are children are they not? tsk tsk. thin skin today?

calm down, the discussion is about why if the swine flu is such a "national emergency" he doesn't protect his children. They do attend school don't they? They are children are they not? tsk tsk. thin skin today?

I do believe the premise of the question has him confused - and from confusion comes anger.

Perhaps Obama told Michelle the issue was becoming a liability and that they would all have to get their swine flu shot and she shot back, "Boy, don't make me break you in half with these big ass arms of mine. No pig shot is going into my girls - got that Dumbo?"

Just sayin...

no I am just fucking sick of this shit, he declared it an emergency so people whch there is a lot, who want the vaccine can do so easier. Plus he is planning ahead if this does turn in to something big, for one we usually never have this high of numbers in october, our flu season is mostly in febuary. YOu guys would fucking bitch if he didn't and shit hit the fan.
Plus just because he chooses not get vaccinated along with the rest of his family doesn't mean shit, and really who the fuck cares.

no I am just fucking sick of this shit, he declared it an emergency so people whch there is a lot, who want the vaccine can do so easier. Plus he is planning ahead if this does turn in to something big, for one we usually never have this high of numbers in october, our flu season is mostly in febuary. YOu guys would fucking bitch if he didn't and shit hit the fan.
Plus just because he chooses not get vaccinated along with the rest of his family doesn't mean shit, and really who the fuck cares.

So you feel he is putting his kids at risk by not having them vaccinated?

If not, why not?

I do believe the premise of the question has him confused - and from confusion comes anger.

Perhaps Obama told Michelle the issue was becoming a liability and that they would all have to get their swine flu shot and she shot back, "Boy, don't make me break you in half with these big ass arms of mine. No pig shot is going into my girls - got that Dumbo?"

Just sayin...

you are an asshole! Her big ass arms? really? YOu are a chauvinist pig!
Go start yet another thread about some mindless bullshit.

I feel yer pain. Been there done that... For eight years!

So you feel he is putting his kids at risk by not having them vaccinated?

If not, why not?
I don't give a shit what he does or does not do for his children, it none of my business and it is none of yours. Seriously I waiting for you to start yet another thread about Obama.

Or not?

Yeah, that's right. So far vaccines have been administered to those at highest risk first.

If it had been reported that the Obama children had already been vaccinated they would be accused of favoritism, I suppose...?

Thanks for that factoid to clearly demonstrate a rational preparation without panic. :thup:

We all know that would have been the headline here if they had been vaccinated.

Forum List

Back