No such thing as Palestine?

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
The Palestinian tragedy mustn't be used to spark a Jewish one - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

The Palestinian tragedy mustn't be used to spark a Jewish one

When the Palestinians finally recognize the grand Jewish narrative and the grand Jewish catastrophe, we too can recognize their narrative and their catastrophe.

By Ari Shavit| 04:25 17.05.12 | 3

Text size

Comments (3)

this story is by

Ari Shavit

related tags

Opinion

Not a day goes by when I don't think about their tragedy. How can I not? When I walk around the beautiful Jerusalem neighborhood I've lived in half my life, their houses gaze at me. When I stroll through Jaffa's alleyways, their absence strikes me. When I hike in the Judean Hills, the ruins of their villages won't let go of me. The vanishing fig trees, the wilting prickly pear cactuses, the debris.

The full text is available for Haaretz subscribers.

Click here to subscribe , register or login

The Palestinian tragedy mustn't be used to spark a Jewish one - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

The Palestinian tragedy mustn't be used to spark a Jewish one

When the Palestinians finally recognize the grand Jewish narrative and the grand Jewish catastrophe, we too can recognize their narrative and their catastrophe.

By Ari Shavit| 04:25 17.05.12 | 3

Text size

Comments (3)

this story is by

Ari Shavit

related tags

Opinion

Not a day goes by when I don't think about their tragedy. How can I not? When I walk around the beautiful Jerusalem neighborhood I've lived in half my life, their houses gaze at me. When I stroll through Jaffa's alleyways, their absence strikes me. When I hike in the Judean Hills, the ruins of their villages won't let go of me. The vanishing fig trees, the wilting prickly pear cactuses, the debris.

The full text is available for Haaretz subscribers.

Click here to subscribe , register or login
The only Palestinians were Jews up until the 1960's. That means those people calling themselves Palestinians should be called Fraudestinians. No such thing as an Arab Muslim Palestinian until 1960's. The whole idea of Palestinian nationhood, occupation, or land theft is a fraud. Misplaced Arabs due to Arab Muslim aggression towards a newly formed Jewish nation established In the ancient homeland of the Jews, maybe. This pig won't fly. Look it up, dork.

Called the the ticket agent at DFW and told her I wanted to book a round-trip flight to Palestine.
She hung up on me.
Bitch.

Laila El Haddad (a Palestinian who lives in Gaza) was booking a flight on British airways. When it came to selecting her country from the drop down list there was no Palestine. She complained to them until they added Palestine.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Laila El Haddad (a Palestinian who lives in Gaza) was booking a flight on British airways. When it came to selecting her country from the drop down list there was no Palestine. She complained to them until they added Palestine.

Iceland has recognized Palestine to the 67 borders and has an Embassy in Ramalah, literally the Tip of thje Iceberg!

Last edited:

Ben Gurion airport is in Palestine? I thought it was in Tel Aviv, Fancy that.

Iceland has recognized Palestine to the 67 borders and has an Embassy in Ramalah, literally the Tip of thje Iceberg!

Palestine is recognized by about 130 countries and several international organizations. Only a few specify borders.

Yup that would be enough to create a whole new country, people, and nation then. Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk.

Yup that would be enough to create a whole new country, people, and nation then. Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk.

One step at a time.

Palestine is recognized by about 130 countries and several international organizations. Only a few specify borders.
Hey should change it to Fraudenstein. It fits better. Today Arabs tomorrow Egyptians, after tomorrow Jordanians, the day after Lebanese. Eh who's counting.

Ramallah in Judeah and Samaria before they changed it to West Bank in the 60's? Even Ramallah was a Hebrew named city, before the Arabs changed it. How funny is that.

Fraudenstein is the capital of Islamo terrorism.

The countries that recognize Palestine.

800px-Palestine_recognition_only.svg.png

Palestine was created by the British in 1919 or so? Come on now. Talk about fiction, in 1948 Israel was created out of the same mystical fictitious imaginary whole cloth as Palestine. I understand WHY, the holocaust and persecution. But stealing the land from peoples and a culture that pre-dated what happened in Europe is just a intellectual deception. And they know it. That is sad.

Palestine was created by the British in 1919 or so? Come on now. Talk about fiction, in 1948 Israel was created out of the same mystical fictitious imaginary whole cloth as Palestine. I understand WHY, the holocaust and persecution. But stealing the land from peoples and a culture that pre-dated what happened in Europe is just a intellectual deception. And they know it. That is sad.
Palestine was the name the Romans changed the land of ancient Israel to. The only people that considered themselves Palestinians for thousands of years were Jews that lived in the region. The Arabs you see today calling themselves Palestinians would be insulted if you did so before the 1960's, as it meant you were calling them a Jew. The whole concept of a nation and with a people which never existed called Palestine is a fraud.

Last edited:

Wow. You really don't have a grasp on history. Jews and Muslims were in the mideast for centuries. It doesn't matter what you think was drawn up by third parties. Now knowing that; do you find it a bit suspicious that one group (Muslims), sitting on thousands of miles of black gold; can't accept another group (Jews) sitting on a sliver of land? If I was Israel, I'd be f'ing pissed off too.

Of course, there's no such thing as palestine - real palestine has been happily dead since the dissolution of the british mandate.

Whatever leads to paying customer satisfaction - she flew the BA, after all, no? Heh-heh!

That's about sunk the palistanian Titanic. Jewish fault, of course. Bth, is thje iselandic?

Forum List

Back