No Rules School

CherryPanda

Aug 12, 2014
At first, this video made me astounded. Then I remembered myself as a kid. And got a little jealous. Jealous and worried at the same time. Too innovative, in my opinion, but nevertheless, cool.

Do you think we might apply such thing in our schools? Let’s talk about some cool stuff our schools could introduce.

That's great!
They are going back to what we used to have, freedom to play, before the too many rules to keep them safe from playing and injuring themselves. Which is not working.

In my classroom I leave "expectations" (not "rules" up to the students. I allow them, as a class, to decide on the expectations at the start of the year. And usually there's very few tweeks (if any) I need to make. Giving the students an idea of control over expectations works wonders.

In my classroom I leave "expectations" (not "rules" up to the students. I allow them, as a class, to decide on the expectations at the start of the year. And usually there's very few tweeks (if any) I need to make. Giving the students an idea of control over expectations works wonders.

The article is about freedom to play at recess, not how the classroom is run.

Forum List

Back