No room at the inn for soldiers!

Bootneck

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2008
England
I bet you guys in the US don’t treat your off duty military like this:

Soldier forced to sleep in car after hotel refuses him a room

A hotel that refused a wounded soldier a room, forcing him to spend the night in his car, was backed into a “grovelling” apology yesterday after receiving a barrage of abusive phone calls.
Metro Hotel, in Woking, Surrey, had to call in the police as their lines were flooded with angry, abusive and threatening calls from members of the public.
The attack on the switchboards came after it emerged that Corporal Tomos Stringer, 24, had been told by hotel staff that it was company policy not to accept members of the Armed Forces as guests.
A soldier since the age of 16 and veteran of multiple tours in Northern Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan, Cpl Stringer had travelled to Surrey to help with funeral preparations for a friend killed in action.

Cpl Stringer, who was not in uniform, presented his army warrant card when asked by the hotel for proof of identity. After the receptionist refused him a room, he was left with no choice but to bed down in his tiny, two-door car, his wrist, broken during a convoy ambush, cased in plaster.

Soldier forced to sleep in car after hotel refuses him a room - Times Online

In fact, I doubt there's another country in the world that would treat their combat troops in such a disgraceful way.

In fact, I doubt there's another country in the world that would treat their combat troops in such a disgraceful way.

Shit. Want to bet? For one thing, Arabs and Indians own most of the motels along the highways. And yeah, they'll turn them out as fast as they will their own mothers.

You know, if you vote Norsefire, this sort of thing would never happen again.

Britain Prevails!

That's really too bad... I mean that is pretty low to deny anyone service, let alone a soldier who fights for your country! Below the belt.

Surely it's just the hotel, not the entire country.

Inexcusable behaviour by the hotel though.

Forum List

Back