No Rights for arabs?

Actually, anyone who knows anything about Israel is aware that Arab citizens of Israel have more rights there than they do in Arab countries.

Granted, the palestinians aren't Israeli citzens... but just saying.

Actually, anyone who knows anything about Israel is aware that Arab citizens of Israel have more rights there than they do in Arab countries.

Granted, the palestinians aren't Israeli citzens... but just saying.

Except you will find people arguing that is false. Ruby comes to mind as one.

I don't know that she has argued that position. If she has, I'd suspect she knows little about Israel, has never been there, and doesn't know any Israelis.

Ask her, I believe she has stated that Arab citizens in Israel are at best 2nd class citizens or worse. That they have few rights and only gained them since 1967 or so and a few other claims about Israel.

She hasn't been to Iraq, doesn't stop her from claiming a lot of illogical things about conditions there and about our mass murdering Nazi troops.

Ask her, I believe she has stated that Arab citizens in Israel are at best 2nd class citizens or worse. That they have few rights and only gained them since 1967 or so and a few other claims about Israel.

She hasn't been to Iraq, doesn't stop her from claiming a lot of illogical things about conditions there and about our mass murdering Nazi troops.

Like I said, I wouldn't know, having had no experience with her.... and this thread isn't about another poster. If you're asking me my opinion about how Arabs are treated in Israel, I've already said what I know to be the truth. If you're asking me about Israel's treatment of Palestinians, I think they've done things right and they've done things wrong... neither angels nor demons. But I'd also say the palestinians have been more victimized by their own leadership than they have by Israelis, at least in terms of being able to achieve a two-state solution.

Tell me again how Israel ignores Arabs rights and rubber stamps any decision by the Government or Military.

Strawman. Don't be a moron. I"ve never heard anyone here, or on any other board, say that.

from your article"

"the High Court of Justice here on Tuesday ordered the government to reroute a section of its separation barrier that had split a West Bank village from much of its farmland.

So, they're re-routing it so villagers aren't cut off from their farmland. This is the very most basic nod to civilized behaviour. Its not exactly a "profile in courage" for civil rights. I doubt it costs the israelis any security, to reroute the wall slightly. Its probably a relatively simple matter, and is the bare minimum in human decency. This isn't a Martin Luther King moment, dude. Good on the israeli court. But, this isn't some tremendous civil rights victory.

Strawman. Don't be a moron. I"ve never heard anyone here, or on any other board, say that.
from your article"
"the High Court of Justice here on Tuesday ordered the government to reroute a section of its separation barrier that had split a West Bank village from much of its farmland.
So, they're re-routing it so villagers aren't cut off from their farmland. This is the very most basic nod to civilized behaviour. Its not exactly a "profile in courage" for civil rights. I doubt it costs the israelis any security, to reroute the wall slightly. Its probably a relatively simple matter, and is the bare minimum in human decency. This isn't a Martin Luther King moment, dude. Good on the israeli court. But, this isn't some tremendous civil rights victory.

so someone does something good and you still find fault with it....

so someone does something good and you still find fault with it....

no...I think he is trying to suggest that just because someone holds the door open for you at the drug store, they do not deserve to be canonized.

I have lived in Israel. Israeli arabs certainly have more rights thanLebanese arabs or Syrian arabs or Jordanian arabs or Egyptian arabs, but to suggest that there is "equality" in Israel between arab and jew is an overstatement.

from your article"

Snowman,

I have no idea why you neg repped me for this post. Its my opinon. Its pretty childish of you to neg rep me. I don't even know who you are, and I can't recall ever even talking to you on threads.

Personally, I find neg repping to be childish and immature. This is just a random message board, do you think I care if you bother wasting time neg repping me? Rest assured I won't respond in kind. Neg repping is lame and childish, and I don't have the interest in participating in those games. I don't even know who you are dude. I don't even remember any of your posts.

And Jews in Nazi Germany got free cotton candy for breakfast. I tell ya, the misconceptions we have to deal with!

And Jews in Nazi Germany got free cotton candy for breakfast. I tell ya, the misconceptions we have to deal with!

Really? Give a link. I must have been sleeping that day. On the other hand, I've been Awake when Israel allowed Palestinians in, when they shouldn't have, given the bombings and such.

You underestimate the ability of a democracy to deceive itself.

what the fuck? did you keep your eyes and ears closed?

Oh... let me guess.... you spent your entire trip looking at tits at the beach resort in Akhziv...right?

If I'd known about it, I might have gone! I went from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem to the West Bank and Ramallah. A journalist friend of a journalist friend covered the Middle East and I stayed in Jerusalem's Old City, Arab Quarter, in her apartment. Did traveling around by taxi, bus, car, lots of back and forth between West Bank and Israel.

My eyes and ears were open. I talked to Jews, I talked to Arabs, I talked to soldiers, bartenders, shopkeeps, Armenians, you name it. The Palestinians thought I was "British" because they knew I wasn't Jewish (in Ramallah) and they said that Americans never came to Ramallah. I thought that was kind of funny.

I hung out with a priest in West Jerusalem (the nice - and Jewish - part) which was like a U.S. suburb, almost. In East Jerusalem, the Arab part, it's crappier. The Arabs were always messy and disorganized, the Jews always kept it clean and running on times.

Went to hear Edward Said somewhere, and if you watch the BBC film of this talk, you can see me in the audience! Also saw Bir Zeit University and took a tour. There was a monument to the Intifada.

Didn't see any settlements. Thought the Jewish soldiers were assholes. Some did not even speak English -- only Hebrew. Wow. Some of these kids needed acne cream more than Uzis.

If I'd known about it, I might have gone! I went from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem to the West Bank and Ramallah. A journalist friend of a journalist friend covered the Middle East and I stayed in Jerusalem's Old City, Arab Quarter, in her apartment. Did traveling around by taxi, bus, car, lots of back and forth between West Bank and Israel.

My eyes and ears were open. I talked to Jews, I talked to Arabs, I talked to soldiers, bartenders, shopkeeps, Armenians, you name it. The Palestinians thought I was "British" because they knew I wasn't Jewish (in Ramallah) and they said that Americans never came to Ramallah. I thought that was kind of funny.

I hung out with a priest in West Jerusalem (the nice - and Jewish - part) which was like a U.S. suburb, almost. In East Jerusalem, the Arab part, it's crappier. The Arabs were always messy and disorganized, the Jews always kept it clean and running on times.

Went to hear Edward Said somewhere, and if you watch the BBC film of this talk, you can see me in the audience! Also saw Bir Zeit University and took a tour. There was a monument to the Intifada.

Didn't see any settlements. Thought the Jewish soldiers were assholes. Some did not even speak English -- only Hebrew. Wow. Some of these kids needed acne cream more than Uzis.

it sounds like you did most of your interaction with palestinians in the occupied territories. You would get a different take on it if you hung out in...say...Nazareth, or Akko.

and can you imagine a soldier born and raised in a country whose official language is Hebrew only being able to speak Hebrew and not - GASP - knowing any English?????:rofl:

and can you imagine a soldier born and raised in a country whose official language is Hebrew only being able to speak Hebrew and not - GASP - knowing any English?????:rofl:
I used to know a woman who had taken an extended trip thru Europe, but was highly disappointed with her treatment there. she complained rather soundly that those foreigners couldn't speak a word of English SAMO SAMO it takes all kinds.

and can you imagine a soldier born and raised in a country whose official language is Hebrew only being able to speak Hebrew and not - GASP - knowing any English?

And yet, Hebrew was a dead language for centuries. It was by dint of force raised up as the "natural" language of the Jews. That's like whites speaking exclusively Latin and then treating as normal that they do, and mocking anyone who doesn't speak Latin. I seriously doubt a good liberal such as yourself would approve of THAT.

An easy test for that is this: say some poor whites in Tennessee speak only English. They don't speak Spanish and are flummoxed by those who do. To them, you'd say, "learn a new language, you rednecks." But to Jews doing EXACTLY the same thing, you say, "Awwww, isn't it nice? Those wonderful Jews!"

Less than a million people in the world must speak Hebrew as their only language. They are surrounded by a billion who speak Arabic. If only for their own sake, you'd think they'd learn that, say, to understand terrorist communications. But it's an incredible testament to the strength of Jewish racism that they DON'T. I'm not saying racism is bad - obviously! - but Jews practice it in ways that amaze. If whites did half as much, you'd be all over it like shit on brown, maineman.

Forum List

Back