No review for dropped TD pass in NE-Balt game?

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Probably has been covered in long thread on the champ games.

I was surprised.

More that it wasn't even reviewed by the officials. Call on the field probably would have been upheld - not enough conclusive evidence to overturn.

The Pats DB made a helluva play stripping the ball from Lee Evans.

But still - all a reciever in the end zone has to do is have possesion for a small amount of time - not like in the field of play -where you have to make "a football move" after the catch.

I thought Evans had possession long enough for a TD.

I was surprised.

More that it wasn't even reviewed by the officials. Call on the field probably would have been upheld - not enough conclusive evidence to overturn.

But still - all a reciever in the end zone has to do is have possesion for a small amount of time - not like in the field of play -where you have to make "a football move" after the catch.

That's absolutely false. The receiver still has to establish possession in the end-zone, just like anywhere else.

The way to look at that play is to ask yourself if it happened in the middle of the field, would it be an incomplete pass or a catch and a fumble. Since the ball was knocked loose before Evans got his second foot down, it was clearly an incomplete pass.

I was surprised.

That's absolutely false. The receiver still has to establish possession in the end-zone, just like anywhere else.

The way to look at that play is to ask yourself if it happened in the middle of the field, would it be an incomplete pass or a catch and a fumble. Since the ball was knocked loose before Evans got his second foot down, it was clearly an incomplete pass.

I'll need to look at a replay to see if Evans had both feet down before the ball was knocked loose. He should have done a better job of securing the ball.

I was surprised.

I'll need to look at a replay to see if Evans had both feet down before the ball was knocked loose. He should have done a better job of securing the ball.

Yeah, check it out. They showed it in slow motion several times. Moore dislodged the ball literally a nano-second before the second foot touched down. Heckuva play, especially after he lost his jock on the earlier touchdown by Smith.

I was surprised.

Yeah ... the DB was Sterling Moore and it was a helluva play!

You gotta make that catch if you are Lee Evans.

Yup.

He did make the catch. He's got nothing to be ashamed of.
The ball got stripped.

He had the ball in his hands...he let the DB strip it...he's got everything to be ashamed of. Flacco couldn't have thrown a better pass and Evans was wide open. Not securing the ball cost the Ravens a trip to the Super Bowl. MAJOR faux pas!!!

It was a bang-bang play and in real time it didn't look like he had possession

Even in slow motion it was extremely close one way or another. Not enough to reverse

Half second more and it would have been a catch

I was surprised.

Yeah ... the DB was Sterling Moore and it was a helluva play!

That play was sterling!

The worse call was the "illegal contact" call that took away another Tom Brady interception and led to 3 points. Horrible.

P.S. Hats off to Belicheck for recognizing that Cuntdip was rushing and having enough football IQ to not call a timeout to ice him.....

Forum List

Back