No Red Or Green During December In Plano, Texas Schools

Pale Rider said:
It was the same there Mr. P.. The village had the right of way to put a side walk in, and no, I doubt they'd expect the citizen to make repairs, although that's a good point.

After they started this fifty dollar fine business, people started ripping the side walks out off their property. Evidently if you didn't want it there, you had the legal right to remove it.
Really? I was going to add that suggestion, but I figured there's no way in hell they'd let you do that. Heck, what's the difference between a sidewalk covered in snow and no sidewalk at all? Geeezzz, bureaucracy!

Pale Rider said:
It was the same there Mr. P.. The village had the right of way to put a side walk in, and no, I doubt they'd expect the citizen to make repairs, although that's a good point.

After they started this fifty dollar fine business, people started ripping the side walks out off their property. Evidently if you didn't want it there, you had the legal right to remove it.

I would love to do that to the sidewalk in front of our house. Most houses on our block have no sidewalks in front. All it does it attract dogwalkers, rugrats on bikes, and we have to keep it clear of cracks and ice, or face potential liability for slip and fall suits. I am going to have to find out if we can remove it.

Abbey Normal said:
I would love to do that to the sidewalk in front of our house. Most houses on our block have no sidewalks in front. All it does it attract dogwalkers, rugrats on bikes, and we have to keep it clear of cracks and ice, or face potential liability for slip and fall suits. I am going to have to find out if we can remove it.

It's too bad sidewalks are disappearing. They were perhaps what I loved the most about my old neighborhood. Now, they're a liability. It's sad.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's too bad sidewalks are disappearing. They were perhaps what I loved the most about my old neighborhood. Now, they're a liability. It's sad.
Not disappearing here, the county building code mandates all new developments must include sidewalks.

The ClayTaurus said:

You're sad to see sidewalks go but not Christmas?

Truely Clay, THAT is sad.

Pale Rider said:
You're sad to see sidewalks go but not Christmas?

Truely Clay, THAT is sad.

Christmas hasn't gone anywhere for me. I still celebrate it with my family, in my parent's house, with a nice meal, I go to church with my parents, I get to see all of my friends, if I'm lucky they'll be snow on the ground, I'll make and eat Christmas cookies... Christmas was never about a commercial saying Merry Christmas to me. It was never about Walmart having a Merry Christmas sign. So, when those things go away or are replaced with "Happy Holidays" it doesn't bother me, as it hadn't bothered me before when they exist, because it doesn't prevent me from doing anything that I listed. The stores all still play Christmas music, be it secular or not, and they all still have evergreen linings and snowmen and gingerbread men and all of that. I was at the mall today, and while many of the stores had no "Merry Christmas" sign, they all still felt very Christmas-y.

I know you're older than I am, and Christmas has a different meaning to you. So while I'm sorry that it offends you so much that some of these changes in the commercial world are happening, they do not offend me. And if my apathy is, in your opinion, an enabler to some other, deeper, darker agenda, well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I can assure you that I have no interest in seeing Christmas banned; I just don't really care whether or not two words appear in a store or on a tv commercial.

Forum List

Back