No, Really...

Because some folks here are clearly confused, let me assure you that teachers are NOT trained, instructed, or required to do any "indoctrinating" of students to some imagined lefty agenda. Do a lot of leftists go into the teaching profession? Yes, but not as many as you'd think. Certainly not as many as in music, entertainment, or journalism to name a few fields. College professors are far more overtly and uniformly liberal than k-12 teachers, so relax.

Vist a Chicago school.

What are they teaching that is abhorrent to you?

Because some folks here are clearly confused, let me assure you that teachers are NOT trained, instructed, or required to do any "indoctrinating" of students to some imagined lefty agenda. Do a lot of leftists go into the teaching profession? Yes, but not as many as you'd think. Certainly not as many as in music, entertainment, or journalism to name a few fields. College professors are far more overtly and uniformly liberal than k-12 teachers, so relax.

Vist a Chicago school.

What are they teaching that is abhorrent to you?

When school children start paying union dues, that’s when I’ll start representing the interests of school children~ Albert Shanker

Indoctrination 101: Chicago School Teaching Students How To Protest (Part 1)

Racial Indoctrination in Chicago Public Schools

Chicago To Indoctrinate Children With LGBT Sex-Ed

SICKENING: Liberals In Chicago Are Teaching 5th Graders to Have 'Safe' Anal Sex

From your links:

the discussion was focused on students fighting back against gun crime....
Jackson's co-presenter, Camille Williams of the Peace in the Hood movement, made several inflammatory statements about gun ownership and the National Rifle Association. She claimed the NRA is indifferent to gun violence. She also asserted she has received emails from the NRA and/or its members claiming she is "going to hell" for her advocacy and "these porch monkeys deserved to die," referring to the students.

Seems to me that is the heart of the matter for the writer of that opinion piece. Non violent protest to help raise awareness and get guns off their streets?

The others criticize sex ed and tolerance for LGBT's as if it were a perversion.

Pure propaganda? Naw, just stuff you don't like hearing. The real curriculum isn't inappropriate and the real problems in the Chicago schools are being identified by people who actually know what they're talking about, fortunately.

well .. liberals are actually more willing to do something they think is good for society, like being a low paied teacher. while republicans want to fuck everyone to get rich, which does not lead to a job as teacher, republicans propably would be lawyers more then teachers, better money.

well .. liberals are actually more willing to do something they think is good for society, like being a low paied teacher. while republicans want to fuck everyone to get rich, which does not lead to a job as teacher, republicans propably would be lawyers more then teachers, better money.

Empty partisan bullshit. Try being more than a brainless drone.

the political beliefs of the teachers don't matter when the institution they work for is fundamentally flawed, or if you want to talk about religion and the 1st amendment then it's time to realize that all education is a religious experience, and that america would be much better off not subjecting children to the confusion about that. face it, every school is a kind of church, or how much pomp and circumstance to you need until you recognize the trappings of religion? how many ceremonial rites of passages do you need? but people do need rituals, so why not just accept the controversy between church and state as fundamental to the process instead of trying to avoid it? consider how much cheaper it would be, consider how much farther a tax dollar could stretch simply by bringing the religions into the education system instead of trying round up all the children in town and locking them inside a box to isolate them from the controversy.

Really.

As a Republican leaning teacher who knowingly accepts a shitty salary when I could be making more elsewhere I'm here to tell you that you are dead wrong. There are WAY more Republican teachers than most be realize, people assume (and we both know what that makes you) we are just because of professors-which you couldn't pay me enough to be.

Nice try...what exactly do you do that is so "good for society" again?

For the record none of my studens know the way I vote and/or believe politiically because that's not my job. They ask from time to time and I tell them I'm never going to tell them.

Forum List

Back