No, Really....It's Not Guns:

1. Ban quacks from infusing the population with psychotropic drugs

2. Note that nations with stricter gun laws don't have fewer violent death stats.

3. If you don't want a gun, don't purchase a home in Kennesaw, Georgia.

"Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia
Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes."
Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia --- Crime Rate Plummets

a. Minding one's own business seems efficacious.

Here in Ireland there are very strict gun laws and we do not have mass killings like in the United States. Most gun murders are criminals killing other criminals.

Ireland: 10.68 violent deaths per 100,000. Homicides 0.62 Firearm homicides 0.03 Suicides 9.81 Firearm suicides .94
GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide and Suicide Rates

United States…. Violent Deaths per 100,000: Homicides, 5.70; Firearm Homicides, 3.72; Suicides, 12.06; Households with Guns, 39.0….Violent Death Rate: 18.57

How many homes there have guns?

"Most gun murders are criminals killing other criminals."

Guess what, NoNoodles....same here!

"Most Acquaintance Murders in NYC involve Criminals Killing Criminals
This is a point that I have tried to make in my books on crime. Too often the term acquaintance murder is used to imply people who are somehow emotionally close to each other."
John Lott's Website: Most Acquaintance Murders in NYC involve Criminals Killing Criminals

When was the last time you heard of a massacre in Ireland? Why do the police not need guns? Why do we not feel the need to be armed. Numbers can lie.

are you people starting to see these nutters for what they are?

They dont want to solve anything they just want to make us all as insane as they are

Sure we do. The difference is the identification of the problem. .People like you think guns are the problem Call it cliche or rhetoric, but guns are not the source of the problem. As such making our primary focus gun control is a highly ineffecient, uneffective method of solving said problem.

Here in Ireland there are very strict gun laws and we do not have mass killings like in the United States. Most gun murders are criminals killing other criminals.

Ireland: 10.68 violent deaths per 100,000. Homicides 0.62 Firearm homicides 0.03 Suicides 9.81 Firearm suicides .94

United States…. Violent Deaths per 100,000: Homicides, 5.70; Firearm Homicides, 3.72; Suicides, 12.06; Households with Guns, 39.0….Violent Death Rate: 18.57

This is a point that I have tried to make in my books on crime. Too often the term acquaintance murder is used to imply people who are somehow emotionally close to each other."
John Lott's Website: Most Acquaintance Murders in NYC involve Criminals Killing Criminals

When was the last time you heard of a massacre in Ireland? Why do the police not need guns? Why do we not feel the need to be armed. Numbers can lie.

What is the percentage of legally licensed concealed carry permit-holders breaking the law?

If you don't want a gun....don't get one.
And mind your own business.

Oh....and Merry Christmas.

Don't lie about what I've said.

I said every school should start by putting 2 doors minimum on every classroom and reinforced doors with heavy duty inside locks. And I believe that should be federally mandated.

Agree? Disagree?

Agree - and I said several pages back that it's a good idea.

1. In 2002 the Congress passed a law allowing airline pilots who so wish to be armed to take a course that would allow same.

2. How about states doing the same: training and allow teachers who so wish to do so. Clearly it works in Israel

3. Liberals have a religious belief that the gun is the cause....not people, not values....

a. Clinton disarmed the armed forces stationed at bases, e.g. the Fort Hood slaughter.
EDITORIAL: End Clinton-era military base gun ban - Washington Times

b. "After the September 11 attacks, commercial airline pilots were allowed to carry guns if they completed a federal-safety program. No longer would unarmed pilots be defenseless as remorseless hijackers seized control of aircraft and rammed them into buildings.
Now President Obama is quietly ending the federal firearms program, risking public safety on airlines in the name of an anti-gun ideology.
The Obama administration this past week diverted some $2 million from the pilot training program to hire more supervisory staff, who will engage in field inspections of pilots."
Obama Defunds Armed Pilots Program | Shall Not Be Questioned

When was the last time you heard of a massacre in Ireland?

Well, let's see. I don't know if it was the last one, but I recall the Greysteel massacre in the 90s in Northern Ireland. Over 20 causalities in that one.

There was another in 1994 in Norther Ireland. In Loughinisland if I recall. 11 causalities there.

We all remember the Dunblane massacre, but that was Scotland, not Ireland. Over 30 causalities. More recently, there was Cumbria shootings in 2010. Amazing that happened in England given the virtual ban on civilian gun ownership a decade earlier...:eusa_shhh:

Anyway, if you stick to just Ireland, one of the worst mass shooting ever happened in Enniskillen in 1987. 75 causalities. A sad day to be sure.

Now, what was your point?

What is the percentage of legally licensed concealed carry permit-holders breaking the law?

Finally, capitulation from Political Chic. Nothing to cut and paste, darling.

Well, let's see. I don't know if it was the last one, but I recall the Greysteel massacre in the 90s in Northern Ireland. Over 20 causalities in that one.

There was another in 1994 in Norther Ireland. In Loughinisland if I recall. 11 causalities there.

We all remember the Dunblane massacre, but that was Scotland, not Ireland. Over 30 causalities. More recently, there was Cumbria shootings in 2010. Amazing that happened in England given the virtual ban on civilian gun ownership a decade earlier...:eusa_shhh:

Anyway, if you stick to just Ireland, one of the worst mass shooting ever happened in Enniskillen in 1987. 75 causalities. A sad day to be sure.

Perhaps you should invest in a geography book, you are talking about the UK.

Given that gun control laws are far more lax in Ireland than the rest of the UK, you're helping to make our point. Thanks!

Wrong....it's "duck season," Daffy!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/268540-mass-killings-more-died-from-migraines.html

Given that gun control laws are far more lax in Ireland than the rest of the UK, you're helping to make our point. Thanks!

Ireland is not part of the UK. The laws are so tight that the Irish Olympic Shooting team could not get permits for practicing, and could not legally practice in the country. The UK must really have tight gun control laws if Ireland is more lax. They just eased the restrictions in Ireland because there were so many law suits from people who wanted to target shoot. No one was able to get a permit for a handgun.

Once again, geography book.

Wrong....it's "duck season," Daffy!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/268540-mass-killings-more-died-from-migraines.html

Rabbit season!!!!

One side clings to their interpretation of the second amendment.

The other side cannot tolerate that a lone ego gone awry can fell so many in such a short time so easily.

Side one will not accept controls on firearms.

Side two demands them.

What are the alternatives?

2. Note that nations with stricter gun laws don't have fewer violent death stats.

Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes."

I'm so glad the Irish have never had quibbles with killing other citizens

Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

I'm so glad the Irish have never had quibbles with killing other citizens

That was almost a century ago.

4. But….we’re still focusing the discussion on guns…Guns, and dead people....violent death. What if no guns were allowed, a la Japan? Fewer dead people…of course?

a. United States…. Violent Deaths per 100,000: Homicides, 5.70; Firearm Homicides, 3.72; Suicides, 12.06; Households with Guns, 39.0….Violent Death Rate: 18.57

b. Japan…..Again, Violent Deaths per 100,000: Homicides, 0.62; Firearm Homicides, 0.02; Suicides, 16.72; Households with Guns, 0.04….Violent Death Rate: 17.34

Conclusion?
Care to make the argument about guns?

I'm sure you thought that this was being kind of clever, but the only way you get Japan to as much "violence" as the US is by throwing in the Suicides.

Forgetting in Japan, suicide is considered more socially acceptable as part of their culture through history. While Western societies teach suicide is a sin, Japanese culture considered it honorable.

Take out the sucides, and you have very little homicide in Japan, and very little of it committed with guns.

And this is not because they aren't exposed to the same violent influences we are. One can only watch some Anime and Manga that glorifies violence in a way American mediums wouldn't dream of.

Forum List

Back