No, Really....It's Not Guns:

there are many solutions.

ban semis.

reguire proper storage of of guns.

reguire mental healthcare for all people.

The head is attached to the body so require healthcare for all.

reinstate the money to schools to have counselors and mental heathcare professionals.

stop allowing the minority to rule the majority

:cuckoo:

Asshole, either you become part of the solution, or you accept what a lot of people that are not gun owners decide for you.

The assault weopon is going to be heavily regulated, or outright banned. Keep this attitude going, and it will be a ban, for sure. And I don't give a damn. I never wanted to own one of those weopons, so regulated or banned, it does not affect me.

:DYour right. Why waste time and go ahead and ban knives at the same time.

are you people starting to see these nutters for what they are?

They dont want to solve anything they just want to make us all as insane as they are

Once again you have become the star of this thread…..

….but for less than auspicious reasons.

But I can help!
Here is your opportunity to show that logic, and reasoning, is not an atrophied skill for you!

Here is an occasion for you to shine!
Debate, rebut, challenge, counter,….any of the actual contentions in the OP:

a. Should there be any “Gun-Free Zones,” or are they invitations for villains to attack?

b. Since the United States has 975 times more gun-owning households than Japan….why is it we don’t really have more violent deaths? Could it be that, actually, guns are not the precipitants for violence?

Or...you can admit to being convinced that it is a mistake to blame the gun, an inanimate object....and agree to look elsewhere for the source of the problem...
...such as the nature of the perpetrators....
...the absence of religion and morality.

OK….you’re on!

No, this is not a little debate. We are speaking of murdered children. Too many, too many times.

The Assault Weopons are either going to be heavily regulated, or outright banned. There are going to be strong laws on background checks for buying any weopon. And the NRA can go to hell.

:lol:Well thats wrong. It shouldn't be the NRA going to hell...it should be the criminals with the guns that go. Get stronger security out there to put a stop to them.

PC your a propaganda fool.

you want to set policy by cherry picking info from the NRA.

the facts are NOT in your favor.

which is why you ignore any facts you dont like

Actually, the fact are exactly as I've stated.

Sadly, so is this:

Inveterate Liberals have long ago achieved, even perfected, the willing suspension of disbelief, and the refusal to use experience and judgment....or data.

What more proof is necessary than the election.

something other than right wing nutters telling lies would be nice

PC your a propaganda fool.

you want to set policy by cherry picking info from the NRA.

the facts are NOT in your favor.

which is why you ignore any facts you dont like

Actually, the fact are exactly as I've stated.

Sadly, so is this:

Inveterate Liberals have long ago achieved, even perfected, the willing suspension of disbelief, and the refusal to use experience and judgment....or data.

What more proof is necessary than the election.

something other than right wing nutters telling lies would be nice

It would certainly strengthen your case, your credibility, if you could demonstrate that the facts are not as I portrayed them.

Did the Colorado shooter choose the theater that advertised that no (legal) guns were allowed in the theater?

Are there nearly a thousand times more gun-owning households in the US than Japan....yet both nations produce approximately the same number of violent deaths?

My case, again.....the psychotropic drugs administered to school children are more closely associated with mass killings than guns.
Further...the progressives who rule the school system frequently use said drugs for either purposes of discipline, or, based on their belief that gender roles are malleable, to make little boys more docile and effete.

I should point out that claiming anything not in accord with your beliefs to be a "lie" is not the same as showing same.

I am certain that once you realize that the above is as I stated, you will immediately alter your political perspective.

are you people starting to see these nutters for what they are?

They dont want to solve anything they just want to make us all as insane as they are

Once again you have become the star of this thread…..

….but for less than auspicious reasons.

But I can help!
Here is your opportunity to show that logic, and reasoning, is not an atrophied skill for you!

Here is an occasion for you to shine!
Debate, rebut, challenge, counter,….any of the actual contentions in the OP:

a. Should there be any “Gun-Free Zones,” or are they invitations for villains to attack?

b. Since the United States has 975 times more gun-owning households than Japan….why is it we don’t really have more violent deaths? Could it be that, actually, guns are not the precipitants for violence?

Or...you can admit to being convinced that it is a mistake to blame the gun, an inanimate object....and agree to look elsewhere for the source of the problem...
...such as the nature of the perpetrators....
...the absence of religion and morality.

OK….you’re on!

The Gun Free Zone Act of 1990 does not prevent schools from having armed guards, law enforcement personnel, or even armed teachers, if such is done in accordance with the act.

One side clings to their interpretation of the second amendment.

The other side cannot tolerate that a lone ego gone awry can fell so many in such a short time so easily.

Side one will not accept controls on firearms.

Side two demands them.

What are the alternatives?

1. Ban quacks from infusing the population with psychotropic drugs

2. Note that nations with stricter gun laws don't have fewer violent death stats.

3. If you don't want a gun, don't purchase a home in Kennesaw, Georgia.

"Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia
Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes."
Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia --- Crime Rate Plummets

a. Minding one's own business seems efficacious.

Here in Ireland there are very strict gun laws and we do not have mass killings like in the United States. Most gun murders are criminals killing other criminals.

I have started reading Dave Cullen's 'Columbine' to gain just a bit of the reality of why. I have to say so far my impressions of Eric and Dylan are changed. I thought them loners and outcasts similar in ways to Adam but I was wrong. If we gather the common elements they seem to be America, its attitude towards guns and violence, and troubled youth. (add media and video games) Weird when we grew up we had the same set of circumstances minus one element, the seemingly heroic idea in a sick or confused mind that mass murder made sense. That killing raised you up to be somebody. But guns were rare when we grew up, hardly anyone in the city was armed. Even security did not carry guns in those days. It could be that Adam's motive was no different than the Columbine killers.

'No one wants to send a 13-year old genius who loves Harry Potter and his snuggle animal collection to jail. But our society, with its stigma on mental illness and its broken healthcare system, does not provide us with other options. Then another tortured soul shoots up a fast food restaurant. A mall. A kindergarten classroom. And we wring our hands and say, “Something must be done.”
'I Am Adam Lanza's Mother': A Mom's Perspective On The Mental Illness Conversation In America

The other side cannot tolerate that a lone ego gone awry can fell so many in such a short time so easily.

Side two demands them.

2. Note that nations with stricter gun laws don't have fewer violent death stats.

Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes."

Here in Ireland there are very strict gun laws and we do not have mass killings like in the United States. Most gun murders are criminals killing other criminals.

isnt there hunting sport tradition there?

The Gun Free Zone Act of 1990 does not prevent schools from having armed guards, law enforcement personnel, or even armed teachers, if such is done in accordance with the act.

How did Adam Lanza have a gun? You had a law against it - and you Bolsheviks swear that if you only outlaw guns, then things like this won't happen. Why will none of you answer this?

Side two demands them.

Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

Ireland: 10.68 violent deaths per 100,000. Homicides 0.62 Firearm homicides 0.03 Suicides 9.81 Firearm suicides .94
GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide and Suicide Rates

United States…. Violent Deaths per 100,000: Homicides, 5.70; Firearm Homicides, 3.72; Suicides, 12.06; Households with Guns, 39.0….Violent Death Rate: 18.57

How many homes there have guns?

"Most gun murders are criminals killing other criminals."

Guess what, NoNoodles....same here!

"Most Acquaintance Murders in NYC involve Criminals Killing Criminals
This is a point that I have tried to make in my books on crime. Too often the term acquaintance murder is used to imply people who are somehow emotionally close to each other."
John Lott's Website: Most Acquaintance Murders in NYC involve Criminals Killing Criminals

I have started reading Dave Cullen's 'Columbine' to gain just a bit of the reality of why. I have to say so far my impressions of Eric and Dylan are changed. I thought them loners and outcasts similar in ways to Adam but I was wrong. If we gather the common elements they seem to be America, its attitude towards guns and violence, and troubled youth. (add media and video games) Weird when we grew up we had the same set of circumstances minus one element, the seemingly heroic idea in a sick or confused mind that mass murder made sense. That killing raised you up to be somebody. But guns were rare when we grew up, hardly anyone in the city was armed. Even security did not carry guns in those days. It could be that Adam's motive was no different than the Columbine killers.

'No one wants to send a 13-year old genius who loves Harry Potter and his snuggle animal collection to jail. But our society, with its stigma on mental illness and its broken healthcare system, does not provide us with other options. Then another tortured soul shoots up a fast food restaurant. A mall. A kindergarten classroom. And we wring our hands and say, “Something must be done.”
'I Am Adam Lanza's Mother': A Mom's Perspective On The Mental Illness Conversation In America

"...politicians immediately seek to blame guns but never the medication. Nearly every mass shooting that has taken place in America over the last two decades has a link to psychiatric medication,..."

"...politicians immediately seek to blame guns but never the medication. Nearly every mass shooting that has taken place in America over the last two decades has a link to psychiatric medication,..."

I can't come up with one that doesn't.

Even McVeigh was on anti-depressants.

Of course now that we have comprehensive fertilizer control, no worries of 3,000 killed by a Ryder truck....

Oh, wait....

How did Adam Lanza have a gun? You had a law against it - and you Bolsheviks swear that if you only outlaw guns, then things like this won't happen. Why will none of you answer this?

Don't lie about what I've said.

I said every school should start by putting 2 doors minimum on every classroom and reinforced doors with heavy duty inside locks. And I believe that should be federally mandated.

Agree? Disagree?

And....the Columbine shooting took place right in the middle of the "Assault Weapons Ban."

Will actual logic and data mean anything to the Left?

From Dennis Prager:

1. . Because the Left relies on feelings and intentions, wisdom and the existing moral value system don’t count for much. The comparison with conservatives would be the reliance on data and experience, and tradition. Recall the Left-wing baby boomer war-cry: “Never trust anyone over thirty!” Consider the meaning: There is nothing to be learned from anyone older than thirty…hence, the ‘…old dead white men…” theme.

a. Note how this morphs into the adulation of youth. Therein lies the choice: youth, or wisdom. And the result is what our universities have become, no longer the repository of knowledge, instead, support for Marxist ideas, nuclear disarmament, beliefs that America was no different from the Soviet Union, sympathetic views toward Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, and support for a whole host of Left-wing memes.

2. In the light of the essential nature of emotion to the Left, it makes perfect sense that they have created the (highly destructive) self-esteem movement, based on how one feels about oneself. Of course, it is always quite a high number for Leftists, convinced that they are brighter, kinder, finer, more sophisticated, more enlightened, more selfless, and, of course, more intellectual.

Forum List

Back