No pat downs for Boehner

Do you think Boehner is a terrorist threat who will hijack the airplane?
No. But that hardly matters. I'm not either and yet I am treated like one.

If the purpose is to identify terrorists, spending resources on somebody who is clearly not a terrorist is a waste.

If the purpose is to subject everyone to a demeaning procedure in order to cow them into submission, then exempting Boehner is unacceptable.

Take your pick.
As long as the government spends money repeatedly to make sure I'm not a terrorist they should do the same for Boehner.

No. But that hardly matters. I'm not either and yet I am treated like one.

If the purpose is to identify terrorists, spending resources on somebody who is clearly not a terrorist is a waste.

If the purpose is to subject everyone to a demeaning procedure in order to cow them into submission, then exempting Boehner is unacceptable.

Take your pick.
As long as the government spends money repeatedly to make sure I'm not a terrorist they should do the same for Boehner.

Thank you for the confirmation. It's clear you prefer the latter alternative - which is what any good little statist would do.

Take your pick.

Thank you for the confirmation. It's clear you prefer the latter alternative - which is what any good little statist would do.
:lol: Says the one sticking up for the Stalinistic approval of government officials.

I'll defer to your higher affinity for that POV. Wishing to see the government waste money on nonsense in a futile attempt at "levelling" is consistent with Statism and antithetical to a free society.

What right does he have that I don't have? Why am I looked at as a potential terrorist while he is not? Special treatment is special treatment.

John Boehner is the next Speaker of the House. He clearly poses no terror threat and to have him go through the same procedures as every Joe Blow out there is a waste of the government's time and resources. No, this doesn't mean that I think that members of Congress should get special privileges; it's just simple common sense that there is no reason to check him. It's the same argument I've been making for the rest of us. They should be using common sense security procedures so that people like you and me don't need to have virtual strip searches and our bodies groped.

Forum List

Back