No particles, stop that.

So, Mama Nature reveals some more surprises for us. And these surprises are being found in Europe and Asia because of the present anti-science attitude in this nation.

Anti-science attitude? LOL that's a stretch.

It was the U.S. that first envisioned such a collider back in '83. Construction began in '91 and it was killed off in '93. I'm sure you know the story.

It was the U.S. that first envisioned such a collider back in '83. Construction began in '91 and it was killed off in '93. I'm sure you know the story.

He's not wrong, it was deemed useless by an economic committee.

Just like the space program.

The greatest shame is that possibly the main thing that spurred our emphasis and funding into science was beating the Soviets at it. NASA and other scientific establishments will probably never get funding like that again unless Congress finds a foreign threat to want to beat again.

The greatest shame is that possibly the main thing that spurred our emphasis and funding into science was beating the Soviets at it. NASA and other scientific establishments will probably never get funding like that again unless Congress finds a foreign threat to want to beat again.

Or the funding would come once a perceived military application is identified.

this is so cool! I've been waiting to see results from the LHC, and it is good to see it has produced some great findings already. thanks for the post.

Forum List

Back