No Palin cash to candidates in targeted districts

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Politics Daily: No Palin cash to candidates in targeted districts - Politics Daily- msnbc.com

Sarah Palin put the bull's-eye on 20 U.S. House races on her Facebook page last month, but didn't donate to favored candidates in those districts during the first quarter of the year.

Although her SarahPAC took in $400,000 in the first quarter and had more than $900,000 in the bank, it gave only $7,500 to candidates between January and the end of March, plus an additional $2,000 to two other PACs. None went to Republicans in the races she targeted.

So, who besides me, is completely and utterly shocked by this???:eusa_whistle:

Politics Daily: No Palin cash to candidates in targeted districts - Politics Daily- msnbc.com

Sarah Palin put the bull's-eye on 20 U.S. House races on her Facebook page last month, but didn't donate to favored candidates in those districts during the first quarter of the year.

Although her SarahPAC took in $400,000 in the first quarter and had more than $900,000 in the bank, it gave only $7,500 to candidates between January and the end of March, plus an additional $2,000 to two other PACs. None went to Republicans in the races she targeted.

If by "shocked" you mean "completely and totally unsurprised".

I am just waiting for Sarah's official "I am not going to run in 2012" statement before I hoist my victory flag on the "she did it all for the Benjamins" theory.

Since this is a thread that is critical, and not supportive of Palin, CrusaderFrank zombie gif to follow.

I am just waiting for Sarah's official "I am not going to run in 2012" statement before I hoist my victory flag on the "she did it all for the Benjamins" theory.

Since this is a thread that is critical, and not supportive of Palin, CrusaderFrank zombie gif to follow.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't she promise to donate all of the $150,000.00 she got for speaking at the Tea Bagger convention to help out their candidates?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't she promise to donate all of the $150,000.00 she got for speaking at the Tea Bagger convention to help out their candidates?

I am not 100% sure, but I think you are right.

What does it matter, though? The woman is in it for the $.

Can't say I blame her. I just find the cognitive dissonance of her acolytes to be amusing.

Can't say I blame her. I just find the cognitive dissonance of her acolytes to be amusing.

I was just wondering how this made the Tea Bagger stalwarts like Cali-G and Xenophon feel?

I was just wondering how this made the Tea Bagger stalwarts like Cali-G and Xenophon feel?

I couldn't give a shit.

I couldn't give a shit.

Honestly? I know YOU are no Palin fan by any stretch of the imagination, but do you or any in your group(s) feel even a little taken advantage of by her?

A little early with the primaries not even in full swing yet. I'd wait and see where the money can do the most good, then write the checks. For example, with Stupak's district, I'll wait and see which candidate is the most conservative after the primary and mail one in then.

I couldn't give a shit.

Honestly? I know YOU are no Palin fan by any stretch of the imagination, but do you or any in your group(s) feel even a little taken advantage of by her?

Why are you asking me how other people feel? I neither know nor care. What is it with the borg's inability to understand individual opinions?

"The teabaggers and affiliated movement have no official leader and recognize no official candidate. They also have not official message, but officially have something very important to say to every American that is sick of government hand outs that they don't directly benefit from."

That's because of the amount of money she probably gives to charity. Probably tens of dollars. Or maybe ten dollars. Ok, a dollar.

Hey, she worked hard for her 12 million. It's not that easy convincing a bunch of people to buy a book you only pretended to write.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little early with the primaries not even in full swing yet. I'd wait and see where the money can do the most good, then write the checks. For example, with Stupak's district, I'll wait and see which candidate is the most conservative after the primary and mail one in then.

By then, what do you think the "Candidates supported"/"shoes purchased" ratio will be? Greater than, equal to, or less than 1?

It's not that easy convincing a bunch of people to buy a book you only pretended to write.

Obama was able to accomplish that trick fairly handily (at lease as regards the gullible).

Back to the OP.

Sarah's PAC has a relatively small war chest at this point. It is very early in the election season to tell where the money will have the most impact. She's doing what I would do in her place, amassing some capital to use when it can make a difference.

I couldn't give a shit.

Seems some on the left care a lot...

A day without a Palin thread is like night....

By then, what do you think the "Candidates supported"/"shoes purchased" ratio will be? Greater than, equal to, or less than 1?

That depends...

Are we using the new 0bama "Created or Saved" math?

That depends...

Are we using the new 0bama "Created or Saved" math?

Neither. We'll rely on the tried and true "dollars spent" meter.

So if Palin spends $5000 on shoes and $500 in donations the Candidate/shoe ratio is 500/5000 = .1. Less than 1.

Forum List

Back