no outrage? he torn up the new testament

JERUSALEM (AP) — An Israeli lawmaker has torn up a copy of the New Testament in front of cameras in his parliament office.
I sometimes get unsolicited religious material from Jehovah witness's, I just put them in the trash, I don't feel the need to call a press conference to witness it, unless I had some other agenda:eusa_whistle:

I don't throw the JW stuff away----I read it I like WATCHTOWER----all kinds of information in those pamphlets----HOWEVER in israel there is a real problem with aggressive christian missionaries who simply REFUSE to leave people alone. ----and there are actual laws against missionizing There is a lot of HISTORY involving missionizing----about which jews are very very sensitive. Did you know that simply handing a bible to a muslim in a shariah country is a capital crime? Lots of jews lived in muslim countries I know jews born in muslim countries who would not even utter the word "koran"------it could have gotten them in DEADLY TROUBLE back there -----they could have been accused of <gasp> INSULTING THE 'PROPHET' <gasp>---------my own husband is one of them. There are jews who carry a family legacy of being forced into christianity too----LOTS OF SENSTIVITY over the issue of missionizing----thus it is illegal in israel. The person who mailed the bible actually comitted a crime-----a minor crime -----but a crime nevertheless

stop being dense......why is there such a double standard toward jewish behavior when it comes to this?

Dense?

What double standard?

A Muslim has no use for the KJV and I wouldn't have a problem with them tearing it up.

Same thing with a Christian. They don't use the Qu'ran. So what if we tear it up.

Freedom is for everyone, so there is no double standard.

Forum List

Back