No one is a fan of rent increases but to bitch and moan over this increase amount is kind of stupid

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
$10 increase?

I mean I would like it to stay the same but I can't get too upset about the rent going up $10. The guy in my building complaining about the increase and said he don't understand it because nothing is changing lol

We have daily pest control, the option to pay rent online, up until the 10th to pay the rent, can request maintenance online and this dude is whinning? He has no clue how good he has it right now

Plus we live across the street from the grocery store and public transportation is ride outside.

Shit they could have factored all that in and raised the rent $50

$10 increase?

I mean I would like it to stay the same but I can't get too upset about the rent going up $10. The guy in my building complaining about the increase and said he don't understand it because nothing is changing lol

We have daily pest control, the option to pay rent online, up until the 10th to pay the rent, can request maintenance online and this dude is whinning? He has no clue how good he has it right now

Plus we live across the street from the grocery store and public transportation is ride outside.

You must live in a really shitty place if they are only raising 10 bucks

$10 increase?

They are trying to keep the increase as modest as possible

$10 increase?

What percent increase does the $10 represent?

Helpful hint: divide $10 by your current rent amount, figure out the decimal thing, and you've got it.

$10 increase?

Helpful hint: divide $10 by your current rent amount, figure out the decimal thing, and you've got it.
And then multiply the decimal thing by 100 to get a percentage.

For some people, especially those on s fixed or modest income, a $10 rent increase may be significant. Especially if they have other bills.

For some people, especially those on s fixed or modest income, a $10 rent increase may be significant. Especially if they have other bills.

I come from a place where the rent would go up $55 each year so $10 is nothing

$10 increase?

Not sure but for the area we live in they can really charge $100 for rent so I am not complaining. Quiet neighborhood that has 0% crime with access to a market across the street and public transportation right outside the building and he is complaining $10?

That's nice. Not everyone has dealt with thst, or can afford to so that.

In the same building where I rented my first condo we had a woman who struggled at times to come up with her $875 monthly rent. She was busting her ass, working 2 part time jobs and going to college. She fought to keep the condo rather thsn relocating because it was her constsnt remjnder of whzt she was working for - to be able to get out of the projects. A $10 rent increase might have crushed thst dream.

That's nice. Not everyone has dealt with thst, or can afford to so that.

In the same building where I rented my first condo we had a woman who struggled at times to come up with her $875 monthly rent. She was busting her ass, working 2 part time jobs and going to college. She fought to keep the condo rather thsn relocating because it was her constsnt remjnder of whzt she was working for - to be able to get out of the projects. A $10 rent increase might have crushed thst dream.

Well you basically operate like an adult when something goes up, you cut back somewhere else.

Now the guy who is complaining is a senior and has a car. He don't need the car since he lives right next to public transportation. So he can save lots of money right there but he is still trying to maintain a car

Well you basically operate like an adult when something goes up, you cut back somewhere else.

That's not always as easy as we make it out to be.

Now the guy who is complaining is a senior and has a car. He don't need the car since he lives right next to public transportation. So he can save lots of money right there but he is still trying to maintain a car

Maybe the car has sentimental value to him. Maybe he doesn't want to use public transit (I know I don't ).

That's not always as easy as we make it out to be.

Maybe the car has sentimental value to him. Maybe he doesn't want to use public transit (I know I don't ).
He may not want to use public transit but in life you do what you have to do and not always what you want to do.

Anyone complaining about a 10 dollar increase is a fool

In a free market, the Landlord is entitled to charge whatever the market will bear. The tenants are entitled to seek out the best apartment or house or room available for what they are willing to pay. If you live somewhere where the rents are beyond your means, then you need to make an adjustment. Find more money, move, economize in other areas, or buy a house/condo.

MOST AMERICANS, one way or another, figure out some way of buying their home, so it can't be all that difficult. Two full-time earners in a household, even if making MW, can swing it in most geographical areas. And don't forget, Minimum Wage is not a permanent class of people, it is a condition that can be changed. I know; I used to live there (at MW).

He may not want to use public transit but in life you do what you have to do and not always what you want to do.

Sometimes there are things that you just won't or can't do. Especially when it comes to sentimental objects.

I have an item my late father left me. Its worth maybe $800. It would cost me about $650 to replace with a current version. I have been offered, and turned down, offers in excess of $2500 because of the sentimental value.

Sometimes there are things that you just won't or can't do. Especially when it comes to sentimental objects.

I have an item my late father left me. Its worth maybe $800. It would cost me about $650 to replace with a current version. I have been offered, and turned down, offers in excess of $2500 because of the sentimental value.

Well if he rather DRIVE than EAT then that;s his stupidity.

Forum List

Back