no one gets it all...conservative or liberal...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
over the last couple of days....there have been threads on several things....

1: the mall owner that refused to rent to the "conservative" vendor. suddenly the vendors rights are a concern but the rights of the mall owner to exercise his right to control his rental properties is attacked? am i mistaken in that normally conservatives would support the private property owner? when did that change?

2: the police union speaking out against obama.....well normally unions are evil...except when they speak out against the potus? which way is it?

3. the people who have yellow ribbons on their suv's are the same people who walk by a disabled vets booth and do not donate. no scientific evidence but just watching people and what they do.

4: you cannot have a "if you cant feed them...dont breed them sticker" right next to your pro life sticker. or you really for starving babies that you force others to have?

do conservatives have any core values? or are those core values just more blah blah rah rah....?

1: the mall owner that refused to rent to the "conservative" vendor. suddenly the vendors rights are a concern but the rights of the mall owner to exercise his right to control his rental properties is attacked? am i mistaken in that normally conservatives would support the private property owner? when did that change?

2: the police union speaking out against obama.....well normally unions are evil...except when they speak out against the potus? which way is it?

3. the people who have yellow ribbons on their suv's are the same people who walk by a disabled vets booth and do not donate. no scientific evidence but just watching people and what they do.

4: you cannot have a "if you cant feed them...dont breed them sticker" right next to your pro life sticker. or you really for starving babies that you force others to have?

do conservatives have any core values? or are those core values just more blah blah rah rah....?

Good morning bones.

These are astute observations, but the answer is so deep we both might drown.

Human Evolution since, yes (since) the Rennaissance has caused emotional thinking to actually supercede rational thinking in most, say 85% of persons, whereas a good balance is what's necessary for the progression and well-being of man-kind.

If you want to go deeper, you're paying for the scuba-gear rental. :razz:

1: the mall owner that refused to rent to the "conservative" vendor. suddenly the vendors rights are a concern but the rights of the mall owner to exercise his right to control his rental properties is attacked? am i mistaken in that normally conservatives would support the private property owner? when did that change?the mall owner most definitely has the right to kick out the vendor, those who disagree with this action most definitely have the right to find another mall in which to shop.

2: the police union speaking out against obama.....well normally unions are evil...except when they speak out against the potus? which way is it?why does it always have to be one way or another,, nothing is ever completly good or completely bad, but, when a powerful union puts a chosen one in their back pocket and usurps the rights of the shareholders and bondholders that's theft and definitely un American. Secondly in a land of Free Speech any group including unions have a right to voice their opinions if obamalama can't take it he should exit stage right.

more blah blah blah from the lunatic left?? have some kool aid in yer coffee whydonchya

o come on willow....yesterday the mall arguement was all about freedom of speech....not private proporty rights....which had it been a liberal kiosk, do you deny they would have been all about property owners rights?

now there are good unions and bad unions...depending on the way the win blows or what?

as for the kool aid remark ..that is just the kind of remark i expected when i posted the thread...personal attacks over facts.....the conservative way.

It's because they are hypocrites.

do conservatives have any core values?
No.

I hope this answers your questions, Bones. :cool:

IMHO,neither side is consistent, liberals seem to think government is the answer for everything but when it comes to defense,they think government wastes too much,only the defense department to them seems like the one who wastes and conservatives seems to think just the opposite and thinks government can't even get water to the needy in New Orleans during Katrina yet their neo conservative foreign policy is the best idea since the Manifest Destiny.

o come on willow....yesterday the mall arguement was all about freedom of speech....not private proporty rights....which had it been a liberal kiosk, do you deny they would have been all about property owners rights?Speech property,, both have rights,, the shoppers have rights too to choose! so let the blathering go on..

now there are good unions and bad unions...depending on the way the win blows or what? did you or did you not read what I wrote ^^^^

as for the kool aid remark ..that is just the kind of remark i expected when i posted the thread...personal attacks over facts.....the conservative way.
oh really,, and you didn't post any snark about conservatives,,, are you the average hypocat?

do conservatives have any core values?
No.

I hope this answers your questions, Bones. :cool:

You know all about being a hypocrite don't you Ravi?

Your point is off-kilter because it rests on misrepresentation of these topics.

The mall issue is not a true free speech issue. But it is of interest because it suggests that some people are afraid of a mob reaction when one offends the politically correct views demanded by liberals in today's America.

Unions in an of themselves are not "bad." Simplistic and sophomoric claims like that (which you falsely ascribe to conservatives) are of no value to any rational discussion. Unions CAN do amazingly dumb and self-defeating things, often as a tool of and for modern American liberalism. But some of the old-time basics -- the fundamentals -- of Unionism are ok with many conservatives and always have been.

Nice baseless generalization on your third "point." But since it's just you engaging in unsupported stereotyping, it's not really of any value.

And your 4th point is also ignorant. There is no contradiction in suggesting that folks should not engage in procreation if they are unable to feed and house and care for the children they produced, on the one hand, and arguing against the wholesale slaughter of innocent pre-born human life, on the other hand.

Instead of pro-creating, shouldn't birth control or self-control be practiced? And many people (usually libs) tend to view abortion as just another form of birth control, meaning a kind of contraception, which it isn't. That kind of "thinking" is irresponsible and wrong-headed.

The mall issue is not a true free speech issue. But it is of interest because it suggests that some people are afraid of a mob reaction when one offends the politically correct views demanded by liberals in today's America.

they're not liberals...

Unions CAN do amazingly dumb and self-defeating things, often as a tool of and for modern American liberalism

'modern American liberalism' is not really liberalism...

kk. You've never made a post that wasn't founded on ignorance and stupidity. Hell you think telling the truth is dishonest :lol:

We already know that abstract thought is something you are incapable of ... why do you have to keep proving it to us.

As for your opinion about me, you really should look in the mirror more if you can still see your reflection.

:lol:

every time you try to challenge me, you end up backpedaling and leaving the thead, kk. You're the last oerson who should be trying to challenge anyone else's intelligence or ability to think beyond the simple, idiotic terms you cling to.

:lol:

every time you try to challenge me, you end up backpedaling and leaving the thead, kk. You're the last oerson who should be trying to challenge anyone else's intelligence or ability to think beyond the simple, idiotic terms you cling to.

Do not confuse boredom with concession ... that's a clear sign of ignorance ... and I never
"back-peddled", especially against you.

Forum List

Back