No new tax’s!

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
Unless it’s gas!

Trump endorses 25-cent gas tax hike, lawmakers say

President Donald Trump endorsed the idea of a 25 cent-per-gallon gas tax increase at a meeting Wednesday with lawmakers, people who attended the session said — a move that could help pay for his big infrastructure plan but brought swift attacks from anti-tax conservatives.

So then, will this go over well among voters?

Unless it’s gas!

President Donald Trump endorsed the idea of a 25 cent-per-gallon gas tax increase at a meeting Wednesday with lawmakers, people who attended the session said — a move that could help pay for his big infrastructure plan but brought swift attacks from anti-tax conservatives.

A gas tax makes sense as the people who use the roads the most will pay the most.

Unless it’s gas!

A gas tax makes sense as the people who use the roads the most will pay the most.

Like people going to work?

Unless it’s gas!

Like people going to work?

They use the roads don't they?

Unless it’s gas!

But we all benefit from well tended roads. Even if I don't drive, my Uber driver does, who takes me to the doctor's appointment or the UPS truck that brings my Amazon order. And good roads support local business and industry--without good roads, businesses couldn't exist in a location--so everyone actually benefits and everyone should pay equally. If I happen to have a job that requires a lot of driving, I shouldn't be "penalized" for that. 25 cents a gallon is a big hike. That's over $3.00 additional per fill up, at least. And people don't always have the extra budget for that.

Unless it’s gas!

It just gives more money for politicians to misspend.

Unless it’s gas!

But we all benefit from well tended roads. Even if I don't drive, my Uber driver does, who takes me to the doctor's appointment or the UPS truck that brings my Amazon order. And good roads support local business and industry--without good roads, businesses couldn't exist in a location--so everyone actually benefits and everyone should pay equally. If I happen to have a job that requires a lot of driving, I shouldn't be "penalized" for that. 25 cents a gallon is a big hike. That's over $3.00 additional per fill up, at least. And people don't always have the extra budget for that.

Then the price of your ride will will include the Uber drivers cost in taxes

And if you drive a lot you place more wear and tear on roads. Why should I be penalized because you drive a lot and I don't?

Local business already pay more to use roads than you do because the cost of the goods they have shipped to them include the cost of gas taxes the shipping company pays

Forum List

Back