No New Taxes Under 200,000

-=d=- said:
who was it that said, re: tax cuts for the weathly:

"A Poor man never gave anyone a job"

Exactly, the reason the Demos always talk tax the rich and cut taxes for the poor is buying votes by class warfare pure and simple. Only thing is when they get in office they tax the poor too, they don't give a shit.

OCA.. i read your comment about dems taxing..

i agree.

but.. what about cons? do they give a shit about the lower/middle class? nah..

does anyone? nope.

Mainframe said:
OCA.. i read your comment about dems taxing..

i agree.

but.. what about cons? do they give a shit about the lower/middle class? nah..

does anyone? nope.

You see I don't believe in handouts being a way to help out the middle and lower class. I believe that the atmosphere should be created by government to achieve or move up, whether 1 takes advantage of it is up to them. How long have the Demos been espousing programs to help the poor? Many years and nothing has happened except to create a dependent class.

Mainframe, you're assuming that Cons are all rich. Which is like assuming the NRA is all cammo wearing survivalists. I belong to both groups, and I neither a survivalist or a rich man.

BUT to answer your question : No the "Cons" leadership probably doesn't care about me. Which means they Ignore Me. That is a good thing. The Libs don't ignore me - they want to take things from me that I don't want to part with.

coming from that middle/lower class.. i can answer from experience.

your right on that there should be "no free lunch". then you get people who just sit on welfare and rely on it and dont think twice about getting a job. i see it every single day... welfare should be 1/10th of the size it is now, IMO.. and I lived in that hell they live in.. i know that getting a job would normally be a crappy, low pay, low ceiling type of job.. BUT ITS A JOB nonetheless. on that same note tho, where's the inspiration to excel when you know you aren't going anywhere? with that said, whats the point of working? these are questions i hear some of my old friends say (old meaning people i used to be friends with). its really a lose-lose situation for them.. so we look to the parents... who cant get jobs either because of their parents and their parents before them who couldnt ever get them out of the ghetto.. so a lot turn to crime cause its quick, easy money... and you can eat that night, or pay your water bill or whatever.. then this turns people into straight up criminals who make a living out of crime.

i think its going to take quite a bit of intervention to get this class on its feet because although it may seem easy enough to just get a job, save money and then move.. it doesnt work like that. i got lucky and had parents who gave up their own lifestyles (i.e. not even going out to the movies anymore) just to put me in college. im glad to say im out of the ghetto and into a lower middle class area, soon to be middle. not everyone has my story.. in fact, most have it 100% worse.. so what the fuck is the president gonna do for them? either candidate?? nothing. at least it feels that way..

but on your response.. i just dont see these programs happening.. are they promised to?

fubar said:
Mainframe, you're assuming that Cons are all rich. Which is like assuming the NRA is all cammo wearing survivalists. I belong to both groups, and I neither a survivalist or a rich man.

BUT to answer your question : No the "Cons" leadership probably doesn't care about me. Which means they Ignore Me. That is a good thing. The Libs don't ignore me - they want to take things from me that I don't want to part with.

actually i never assumed anything. i said that they dont give a shit.. thats quite a different statement. they could be middle class and not give a shit about the lower class.

ignoring is fine to a certain degree, but what about when your so ignored you only exist, to them whoever "them" is, on paper? therefore, your a statistic and nothing more. same thing with libs and cons. then cutting programs is just so much easier cause there's no face.

did that make sense? no, really, did it? im trying to express myself but i got a lot of thoughts.

What the fuck is the President gonna do ?

What the fuck are they gonna do for themselves ? I don't know what ghetto you came out of, but we have a few different ones around here. One, Southie, is as poor as it gets, but there is a sense of community and pride in being from Southie. And not all are criminals. Most are hard workers who aren't waiting for the government to save them. In fact, they want the Government to stay the fuck out of their lives.

( a bit out of sync here ) but yeah, you make sense. I think my above reply sort of still covers my thoughts....

fubar.. i hear ya.. good discussion..

ill get back to this tomorrow, its time to go home.

thanks everyone

Forum List

Back