No New Taxes Under 200,000

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
Who here is stupid enough to believe that Kerry would not raise taxes on incomes under 200,000? Think back to 2000, Bubba said exactly the same thing and then turned around and raised taxes on incomes all the way down to 20,000.

The Democrats don't change, they've been doing the same thing for decades, promising tax cuts to get elected and then raising every tax they can get their hands on when elected.

The electorate was stupid and gullible enough to fall for it in 2000 and i'm scared to death they will do it again in 2004.

OCA said:
Who here is stupid enough to believe that Kerry would not raise taxes on incomes under 200,000? Think back to 2000, Bubba said exactly the same thing and then turned around and raised taxes on incomes all the way down to 20,000.

The Democrats don't change, they've been doing the same thing for decades, promising tax cuts to get elected and then raising every tax they can get their hands on when elected.

The electorate was stupid and gullible enough to fall for it in 2000 and i'm scared to death they will do it again in 2004.

I don't know OCA...I'm thinking the less aware portion of the electorate has FINALLY wised up.
The Democraps know this, thus the new line.."I'll only raise taxes on those above 200K".
HUH! fat chance, but all we can do is wait and see if Dum-masses buy it.

OCA said:
Who here is stupid enough to believe that Kerry would not raise taxes on incomes under 200,000?

LIBERALS WHO HATE BUSH.

So... aaaahh... OCA... you wanna ask a harder question? :D

I believe it.

Kerry has been totally honest and straighforward. He has never lied or waffled. He has been true to his vision and has never allowed the winds of politicaly expediency to affect his judgement or his positions. He is a true leader in the best Clinton tradition.

Oh yes, I believe it.

You bet your ass.

I believed Kerry when he said HE wouldn't raise taxes on anyone with an income under $200k.

But

I also heard some salivating and heavy breathing coming from the senate minority that tells me Kerry won't do diddly to veto any taxes his fellow democrats in the senate pass.

That's my interpretation of it anyway, given Kerry's nuanced ways. You just can't take anything Kerry says at face value the way you can with Bush.

And ya know even if he did keep that promise, which I doubt, it will still be a horrible idea. How he doesn't see this is beyond me. There are two levels of income tax:

Corporate Tax: Big businesses, mega corporations

Personal Tax: citizens, and small businesses

Since small businesess pay at the personal income level, and at the same time make way more than any individual family, chances are they fall into the >200k category. So by rolling back the tax cut on the "rich", you actually increase taxes on small businesses! And incidentally, who are the biggest creators of jobs nowadays? Small businesses. And they will get taxed more = bad job growth = bad economy.

i thought it was funny how tom brokaw and tim russert recoiled in horror on national TV when they talked about kerry's pledge... it was kind of like, WTF is this guy thinking? he and his wife seem to be in a competition over who can put their foot in their mouth the most times

Merlin1047 said:
I believe it.

Kerry has been totally honest and straighforward. He has never lied or waffled. He has been true to his vision and has never allowed the winds of politicaly expediency to affect his judgement or his positions. He is a true leader in the best Clinton tradition.

Oh yes, I believe it.

You bet your ass.
i hope you are joking

theim said:
Since small businesess pay at the personal income level, and at the same time make way more than any individual family, chances are they fall into the >200k category. So by rolling back the tax cut on the "rich", you actually increase taxes on small businesses! And incidentally, who are the biggest creators of jobs nowadays? Small businesses. And they will get taxed more = bad job growth = bad economy.

I believe I heard Edwards say that only 4% of small businesses will be affected, so you can take that for what its worth.

Interesting..

Middle Class Said To Pay Higher Tax Rate Than Heinz Kerry And Kerry
Mon Oct 11 2004 10:22:17 ET

Stephen Moore, president of the Club for Growth, writes in the WALL STREET JOURNAL on Monday: "According to the Kerrys' own tax records, and they have not released all of them, the couple had a combined income of $6.8 million in income last year and paid $725,000 in income taxes. That means their effective tax rate was a whopping 12.8%.... "Under the current tax system the middle class pays far more than the Kerry tax rate. In fact, the average federal tax rate -- combined payroll and income tax -- for a middle-class family is closer to 20% or more. George W. and Laura Bush, who had an income one- tenth of the Kerrys', paid a tax rate of 30%. ...

"Here is the man who finds clever ways to reduce his own tax liability while voting for higher taxes on the middle class dozens of times in his Senate career. He even voted against the Bush tax cut that saves each middle-class family about $1,000." The Kerrys "have unwittingly made the case for what George W. Bush says he wants to do: radically simplify and flatten out the tax code. ... So before John Kerry is given the opportunity to raise taxes again on American workers, shouldn't he and Teresa at least pay their fair share?"

END

do you guys thinks cutting taxes on the high end will help, since that would include corporations and they could hire more people and get more facilities, etc..

or

do you think cutting the lower end taxes will stimulate the economy? less taxes equals more money which equals more spending.. then corporations could hire more, etc..

both scenarios seem to work to me.. i understand tax cuts would have to take place somewhere else and i guess thats where the REAL dilemma comes in. im on the fence.

without speaking thru your party or simply defending your particular parties policies, what do you HONESTLY think is better?

Mainframe said:
do you guys thinks cutting taxes on the high end will help, since that would include corporations and they could hire more people and get more facilities, etc..

or

do you think cutting the lower end taxes will stimulate the economy? less taxes equals more money which equals more spending.. then corporations could hire more, etc..

both scenarios seem to work to me.. i understand tax cuts would have to take place somewhere else and i guess thats where the REAL dilemma comes in. im on the fence.

without speaking thru your party or simply defending your particular parties policies, what do you HONESTLY think is better?

Cutting taxes across the board and at the same time cutting spending is the right thing to do. Cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations invigorates new business and innovation thereby creating jobs. Cutting taxes on the middle and lower class gives people more money to spend invigorating the economy from the other end. Lets face it, the money we make is not the government's in the first place, the amount they take from us is akin to armed robbery.

OCA said:

Bubba also sent us money back when there was a surplus. Why was there a surplus? Because he raised taxes. A surplus should be a red flag saying the government is taking too much from those who rightfully earned it.

OCA said:
Cutting taxes across the board and at the same time cutting spending is the right thing to do. Cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations invigorates new business and innovation thereby creating jobs. Cutting taxes on the middle and lower class gives people more money to spend invigorating the economy from the other end. Lets face it, the money we make is not the government's in the first place, the amount they take from us is akin to armed robbery.

Good Points!! but its hard to wage a war and reduce gov. spending.

OCA said:

I saw a quote once:

"There are only 2 things that you are guaranteed in life. Death and taxes. And one is often the direct result of the effect of the other."

I don't know where I saw that, but I will never forget it.

InfitiasFatalis said:
Good Points!! but its hard to wage a war and reduce gov. spending.

This is true, national defense would and is one of the few things that I think government has the right to tax its citizens for. The rest of the crap like the neverending road projects is simply pork for one example.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Bubba also sent us money back when there was a surplus. Why was there a surplus? Because he raised taxes. A surplus should be a red flag saying the government is taking too much from those who rightfully earned it.

Hold up! When did Bubba send money back? I though he was saving it for a rainy day? Did I miss out on this? Did that bastard screw me again?

OCA said:
Hold up! When did Bubba send money back? I though he was saving it for a rainy day? Did I miss out on this? Did that bastard screw me again?

it was sometime back in like 94 or 95. i remember this because my parents got a check (not a Jesse check, this was federal) and took us to a cool hotel for the weekend, and us kids got our own room.

Forum List

Back