No New Medals? OK Then, Here's a New Idea...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
... lets get an award type add-on for "how long you've been here." Say some different little award icon for each additional year. You get medals for longevity in the military. That would be cool if we could here to. A little recognition for us long timers.

What say you Gunny and/or owner?

Last edited:
I'd like to see huge shiny medals for posters who joined in may 2009 with screen names starting with L., a K. in the middle and end with Eder. There should be at least 20 different categories and did I mention that those medals need to be huge and shiny?

... lets get an award type add-on for "how long you've been here." Say some different little award icon for each additional year. You get medals for longevity in the military. That would be cool if we could here to. A little recognition for us long timers.

Why? What do you need to be recognized for?

I already could do without the little medals. "Time" on a message board is relevant. You DO get reputation points for every thousand posts you make.

What do you need to be such a sour puss for?

What do you need to be such a sour puss for?

You're the only one that thinks I'm a sourpuss. I simply asked what you needed recognition for, since this is the third time you've brought up getting more of this, or creating that simply for being a long-time member when nobody (except you, I guess) really gives a rats ass about who's been here the longest..

I would hope the owners of this board wouldn't implement anything like that. I've been on boards that have segregated themselves into the "us" and "them" groups, the long timers usually in the former. I graduated H.S. a long time ago and I wouldn't want to be part of a board that emulates what I figure to be H.S. thinking.
In fact, If it were up to me, post counts and join dates would only be visible to the site owner. What does that really have to do with what a poster says anyway?

Nothing.

Forum List

Back