No Need for War!

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
There is no need for war, Iran is imploding finacially,ripe for Revolution.

http://news.yahoo.com/iranian-students-feel-pain-currency-collapses-140417420.htmlDUBAI (Reuters) - Twice in less than a year, Neda's ambitions to study outside her native Iran have been wrecked by the collapse of the country's currency.

She and thousands of other students have watched helplessly as Western sanctions, and the abolition of a government policy that helped students meet their costs, have made a foreign degree so expensive as to be nearly impossible.

With the support of her parents, Neda was first set to go to northern Cyprus in January to study communications. But U.S. sanctions against Iran's central bank prompted a slide in the rial's exchange rate that month, putting the $1,500 per semester tuition out of reach of her upper middle class family, an indication of how the squeeze is affecting even the well-off.

"I had been accepted to the school and everything was ready to go," said Neda, 27, speaking to Reuters by telephone from Iran. "But when foreign currency became so expensive, I had to cancel my plans."

Neda then planned to go abroad for this year's autumn semester. But the sanctions, imposed over Iran's disputed nuclear program, triggered another plunge.

The currency lost about a third of its value against the U.S. dollar in 10 days in September and October as the sanctions cut Iran's hard currency earnings from oil exports.

Neda now says she will remain in Iran for the time being.

"This term especially my parents were encouraging me to go before things get any worse in Iran," said Neda, who like others interviewed for this article did not want her full name used because of the political sensitivity of the situation.

that's nice but probably not true My guess is that Hezbollah and al queida will kiss and make up and launch an attack on Saudi arabia and that situation will spread out into a big major conflict in the Middle East--------Iran has painted itself into a corner------it MUST DO SOMETHING in order to try to gain some prestige in the 'islamic world'

that's nice but probably not true My guess is that Hezbollah and al queida will kiss and make up and launch an attack on Saudi arabia and that situation will spread out into a big major conflict in the Middle East--------Iran has painted itself into a corner------it MUST DO SOMETHING in order to try to gain some prestige in the 'islamic world'

The question seems to be will Iranians throw off the shackles of rule by Ayatollahs before Iran's leaders feel compelled to do something drastic? No doubt Saudi would respond and should Hezbollah choose to attack Israel at the same time we could well see Saudi and Israeli jets - perhaps even coordinating - fighting the same war against the same enemy. Can you imagine the "Arab Street" in Saudi Arabia cheering the IAF?
Politics and war make for strange bedfellows.
I'm certain you and I, like PBel, would rather Iran's gov't collapse under its own weight, perhaps signaling the end of by-the-sword diplomacy and a real opportunity for regional peace. :D

The question seems to be will Iranians throw off the shackles of rule by Ayatollahs before Iran's leaders feel compelled to do something drastic? No doubt Saudi would respond and should Hezbollah choose to attack Israel at the same time we could well see Saudi and Israeli jets - perhaps even coordinating - fighting the same war against the same enemy. Can you imagine the "Arab Street" in Saudi Arabia cheering the IAF?
I'm certain you and I, like PBel, would rather Iran's gov't collapse under its own weight, perhaps signaling the end of by-the-sword diplomacy and a real opportunity for regional peace. :D

I believe it is TOO LATE------Hezbollah is a THING on its own ------a whole bunch of militant maniacs armed and living thruout the middle east and the same is true of Al Queida ------AND they have a base in Yemen----both of them---in the same country----on the border of Saudi arabia The collapse of Iran (G-d willing---or insha'allah) may not end it at all-----in fact it could potentiate it When a government goes down -----the whole country and its weapons do not DISAPPEAR------there is just more disarray and lack of control on things Al Queida AND Hezbollah can easily find material support from LOTS OF SOURCES wherever there are sunnis and wherever there are shiites

I believe it is TOO LATE------Hezbollah is a THING on its own ------a whole bunch of militant maniacs armed and living thruout the middle east and the same is true of Al Queida ------AND they have a base in Yemen----both of them---in the same country----on the border of Saudi arabia The collapse of Iran (G-d willing---or insha'allah) may not end it at all-----in fact it could potentiate it When a government goes down -----the whole country and its weapons do not DISAPPEAR------there is just more disarray and lack of control on things Al Queida AND Hezbollah can easily find material support from LOTS OF SOURCES wherever there are sunnis and wherever there are shiites

I choose to believe that there is hope for Mideast peace based on mutual recognition that a permanent state of war is in no one's best interest.
The sociology of desperation dictates that hopeless people will engage in desperate, irrational behavior. Conversely, those with better lives tend to act more rationally.
I think our effort to plant the seeds of democreacy is about giving desperate people some hope that their lives or at least their children's lives, will be better. :D

oh gee-----you got your head in the clouds-------the whole world is facing economic crisis and you are predicting -------some GARDEN EDEN ----growing up in the Middle East-
i predict general famine and bloodshed-----as you noted----the more desperate do the more desperate things-------and there are lots of maniacs
over there DELIGHTED to control with LIBELS-------as in ----kill the saudi kings---kill the jews -----knock down the churches -----and "allah will send bread"

Forum List

Back