No Need for Universal Health Care in US

Hmm ... misread your post, that's what I get for skimming ahead. ;)

But your mention of Medicare just makes mine a general "you" instead of you specifically. So to address why it's cheaper in Mexico, what regulatory agencies are in charge of medical there?

Mexico: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Mexico: Federal Commission for Protection against Health Risks (in Spanish)

Mexico: Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (in Spanish)

International organizations and Foreign Government Agencies

Do you like to just make shit up?

Certainly appears to be that way.

As long as that list is, it doesn't seem to be all-inclusive. (it left out this, for example: Public Health Agency of Canada and http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ )

I'm not digging for more, though. I think I made my point ;)

Last edited:
...they show up in our emergency rooms get the needed treatment...

What does it cost to run an emergency room as compared to running a simple clinic?

You're hitting on a problem with our system.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1535875-post102.html

Posted on another thread:

Primary care access experiences and emergency room use. To further examine primary care accessibility, the survey asked about electronic access, timely appointments for visits when sick, after-hours access, and emergency room (ER) use (Exhibit 4). The responses indicate broad differences among countries in patients having same-day access to doctors when sick, finding care easily after hours, and ER use. German, Dutch, and New Zealand adults were the most likely—half or more—to report receiving same-day appointments the last time they were sick. Yet in Germany, the share of patients who reported long waits was also high, which indicates pockets of waiting-time concern. Although the majority of Australian patients could not get a same-day appointment, most said that it was very easy to reach their doctor by phone during the day, providing a potential alternative to visits.
-----------
Consistent with past surveys, Canadian and U.S. adults were the least likely to report same-day access and the most likely to report long waits (six days or more) to see a doctor when sick.19 They, along with Australians, were the most likely to report difficulty getting after-hours care. U.K. responses were in the middle.
--------------
As further indication of poorer primary care access, Canadian and U.S. adults were the most likely to have gone to a hospital ER in the past two years, to have multiple visits, and to say that they went to the ER for care their doctor could have provided if available.

Forum List

Back