No Need for Universal Health Care in US

Determining that Medicare couldn't negotiate for best drug prices was about the dumbest move I could imagine...about the only drug I ever take is 800 mg Ibuprofen which requires a prescription (costing what, I have no clue) and I'd guess would cost around 50 cents per pill...I get mine in Mexico where they write a prescription for free and I get a bottle of 100 for about $2.50.

What you pay is not what the actual price is, right now because of the raiding of Medicare the tax payers pay the rest.

Huh?

I pay cash...Medicare is not involved.

Determining that Medicare couldn't negotiate for best drug prices was about the dumbest move I could imagine...about the only drug I ever take is 800 mg Ibuprofen which requires a prescription (costing what, I have no clue) and I'd guess would cost around 50 cents per pill...I get mine in Mexico where they write a prescription for free and I get a bottle of 100 for about $2.50.

What you pay is not what the actual price is, right now because of the raiding of Medicare the tax payers pay the rest.

Huh?

Hmm ... misread your post, that's what I get for skimming ahead. ;)

But your mention of Medicare just makes mine a general "you" instead of you specifically. So to address why it's cheaper in Mexico, what regulatory agencies are in charge of medical there?

Huh?

But your mention of Medicare just makes mine a general "you" instead of you specifically. So to address why it's cheaper in Mexico, what regulatory agencies are in charge of medical there?
Okay, no problem.

I have no idea what regulatory agencies are in charge but I've never had any problems with the meds.

Another thing...dental...some years ago I wanted to get a tooth pulled...I knew which one...I called the dentists around here in Arizona, told them I didn't have insurance and wanted to know how much it would cost...they told me about $200.

I asked them, "Just to get a tooth pulled, why so much?"

They told me that they would have to take x-rays and that it was quite a process.

I told them that I knew which tooth that I wanted to pull and just wanted it pulled...they said sorry but that is about what it would cost, if there were no complications.

I went to Mexico and said that I wanted a tooth pulled, how much?

They told me $30.

I asked them when they could do it and they said in a few minutes...ten minutes later the dentist was asking me if I wanted the tooth or should he just throw it away.

About a year later I had another one I wanted pulled so I went to the same dentist, they told me $35 but it would be later in the day because they were very busy...so I went to the dentist office next door and they told me $25 and that they could do it then...ten minutes later they handed me the tooth.

As I said, I don't know about regulatory agencies but I can tell you this...each of those dentists went to school in San Diego and had a certificate from the USA...and I've never had any problems from their work.

Mexico Health Care System

Another interesting health care related issue in Mexico is the existence of the Instituto Medicina de Segura Social, or IMSS. According to this scheme, anyone who has bought property in Mexico is entitled to receive health care in Mexico through membership of this scheme. The annual cost of membership to this scheme is less than $400, which is less than one tenth of what medical coverage in the states would cost. In fact, in order to qualify for the medical coverage scheme you need not own a property in Mexico but you simply have to be a legal resident there.

Health Care Policy in Mexico

The Mexican medical insurance policy covers a wide range of health care issues and is in fact much wider in scope than many American healthcare policies that don’t include many medications, deductibles and various procedures. A prime example of this is the difference that Mexican and US health care policies take in relation to pre existing conditions. In the US when you sign up to a health care policy you have to declare any pre existing medical conditions you already have. These conditions are often not included in the policy coverage or if they are they involve high surcharges. The Mexican health care plan by contrast allows your pre existing condition to be fully covered after only two years of membership under the IMSS plan.

Health Care Standards Mexico

Many people often arrive at the conclusion that because healthcare in Mexico is so cheap compared to the US, the quality of medical attention and knowledge about health care issues in Mexico must be lacking. This is completely false. Not only are Mexican hospitals equipped to a first world standard with modern equipment and hygienic practices, but many Mexican doctors and dentists in fact received their training in the US.

Health Care Issues Mexico

Huh?

Okay, no problem.

I have no idea what regulatory agencies are in charge but I've never had any problems with the meds.

Another thing...dental...some years ago I wanted to get a tooth pulled...I knew which one...I called the dentists around here in Arizona, told them I didn't have insurance and wanted to know how much it would cost...they told me about $200.

They told me that they would have to take x-rays and that it was quite a process.

I told them that I knew which tooth that I wanted to pull and just wanted it pulled...they said sorry but that is about what it would cost, if there were no complications.

They told me $30.

I asked them when they could do it and they said in a few minutes...ten minutes later the dentist was asking me if I wanted the tooth or should he just throw it away.

About a year later I had another one I wanted pulled so I went to the same dentist, they told me $35 but it would be later in the day because they were very busy...so I went to the dentist office next door and they told me $25 and that they could do it then...ten minutes later they handed me the tooth.

As I said, I don't know about regulatory agencies but I can tell you this...each of those dentists went to school in San Diego and had a certificate from the USA...and I've never had any problems from their work.

The reason you don't know, is because they have none. ;)

As with all countries who have affordable healthcare, they don't have agencies telling them how to do business.

The French have the best medical system. Their medical schools are free, so they have many more doctors per capita than we do. More doctors means lower prices. Pretty simple really.

The American right are morons. We can learn a lot from how other countries do things.

The French have the best medical system. Their medical schools are free, so they have many more doctors per capita than we do. More doctors means lower prices. Pretty simple really.

The American right are morons. We can learn a lot from how other countries do things.

What regulatory agencies control their medical industry?

Footage of someone after being on Obama's healthcare plan:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1LCIWM1xPg]YouTube - : Medication For All : Foamy The Squirrel[/ame]

The Ministry of Health and others...

Health in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:doubt: Do you have anything from an official site, like ... oh I don't know ... from France?

:lol: They aren't free, Chris. You mean the med school administration, and all the instructors work for no pay, , the books, and the land itself is all free?
I say....in a pigs eye.

:lol: They aren't free, Chris. You mean the med school administration, and all the instructors work for no pay, , the books, and the land itself is all free?
I say....in a pigs eye.

Chris, we already talk about French HC HERE. No need to repeat the old story, French are not in any better situation then us. We may say they have universal HC, but it's not universal, it voers 2/3 of people, and it's in huge deficit. If we even remotely adopt anything they have, in combination with our governemnt - we are doomed.

There is no one dying because they lack health care. Have you ever heard of the hypocratic oath, no one can be denied care because they don't have insurance, or the means to pay for it, they show up in our emergency rooms get the needed treatment, operations, treatment for cancer ect.
Where in the hippocratic oath does it state doctors must treat all who come to them? Where does it state all who enter an ER must receive care?

France: Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Produicts de Sante (Afssaps) (in French)

France: Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments

France: Ministry of Health (in French)

France: Sanitary Safety of Health Products Agency (in French)

France: Agency for Food Safety

France: General Directorate of Competition, Consumption and Repression of Fraud (food control)(in French)

France: National Agency for Veterinary Medicinal Products

France: Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (in French)

International organizations and Foreign Government Agencies

Huh?

Mexico: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Mexico: Federal Commission for Protection against Health Risks (in Spanish)

Mexico: Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (in Spanish)

Do you like to just make shit up?

Okay, no problem.

They told me $30.

The reason you don't know, is because they have none. ;)

As with all countries who have affordable healthcare, they don't have agencies telling them how to do business.
Wrong.

Asia and the Pacific

Australia: Department of Health

Australia: Therapeutic Goods Administration

Food Standards Australia New Zealand

Australia: Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry

Australia: Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority

Bangladesh: Ministry of Food

Bangladesh: Ministry of Agriculture

Brunei: Ministry of Health

Brunei: Department of Agriculture

Brunei: Department of Fisheries

People´s Republic of China: General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (in Chinese)

People's Republic of China: Ministry of Health (in Chinese)

People's Republic of China: State Drug Administration (in Chinese)

People's Republic of China: National Institute for the Control of Pharmaceutical and Biological Products (in Chinese)

People's Republic of China: Ministry of Agriculture (in Chinese)

Fiji: Ministry of Health

Fiji: Ministry of Agriculture, Sugar and Land Resettlement

Hong Kong: Department of Health

Hong Kong: Food and Environmental Hygiene Department

Hong Kong: Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department

India: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare

India: Central Drug Standards Control Organisation

India: Ministry of Food and Consumer Affairs

India: Ministry of Food Processing Industries

India: Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority

Indonesia: Ministry of Health

Indonesia: Ministry of Agriculture

Japan: Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare

Japan: Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Evaluation Center

Japan: Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food

Korea: Food and Drug Administration

Korea: Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry

Malaysia: Ministry of Health

Malaysia: National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau

Malaysia: Ministry of Agriculture

New Zealand: Ministry of Health

New Zealand: Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority

New Zealand: Ministry of Agriculture

New Zealand: Food Safety Authority

New Zealand: Ministry of Fisheries

Papua New Guinea: Department of Health

Papua New Guinea: Department of Agriculture and Livestock

Philippines: Department of Health

Philippines: National Food Authority

Philippines: Department of Agriculture

Singapore: Ministry of Health

Singapore: Health Sciences Authority

Singapore: Ministry of Environment (food control)

Singapore: Agri-food and Veterinary Authority

Sri Lanka: Ministry of Health

Taiwan: Department of Health

Taiwan: National Laboratories of Foods and Drugs (in Chinese)

Thailand: Ministry of Public Health

Thailand: Food and Drug Administration

Thailand: Ministry of Agriculture and Co-operatives

Vietnam: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development

Europe

European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products

European Commission: DG Enterprise

European Commission/Enterprise and Industry/Cosmetics.

European Commission: DG Agriculture

European Commission: DG Fisheries

European Commission: DG Health and Consumer Protection

Andorra: Ministry of Health and Welfare (in Catalan)

Armenia: Ministry of Health

Armenia: Drug and Medical Technology Agency

Austria: Secretariat of Health (in German)

Austria: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management

Belgium: Ministry of Social Affairs, Public Health and the Environment

Belgium: Pharmaceutical Inspectorate

Belgium: Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain

Bulgaria: Ministry of Health (in Bulgarian)

Bulgaria: Drug Agency

Croatia: Ministry of Health

Czech Republic: Ministry of Health (in Czech)

Czech Republic: State Institute for Drug Control

Czech Republic: Ministry of Agriculture

Czech Republic: Agriculture and Food Inspection Authority

Denmark: Ministry of Health

Denmark: Medicines Agency

Denmark: Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries

Denmark: Veterinary and Food Administration

Estonia: Ministry of Social Affairs

Estonia: State Agency of Medicines

Estonia: Ministry of Agriculture

Finland: Ministry of Social Affairs and Health

Finland: National Agency for Medicines

Finland: National Food Administration

Finland: Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry

France: Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Produicts de Sante (Afssaps) (in French)

France: Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments

France: Ministry of Health (in French)

France: Sanitary Safety of Health Products Agency (in French)

France: Agency for Food Safety

France: General Directorate of Competition, Consumption and Repression of Fraud (food control)(in French)

France: National Agency for Veterinary Medicinal Products

France: Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (in French)

Georgia: Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Protection

Georgia: Ministry of Agriculture and Products

Germany: Ministry of Health

Germany: Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices

Germany: Robert Koch Institute (in German)

Germany: Paul Ehrlich Institute (in German)

Germany: Federal Institute for Risk Assessment

Germany: Ministry of Consumer Protection, Food and Agriculture

Greece: Ministry of Health and Welfare (in Greek)

Greece: National Organization for Medicines

Greece: Hellenic Food Authority

Greece: Hellenic Ministry of Agriculture

Hungary: Ministry of Health, Social and Family Affairs

Hungary: National Institute of Pharmacy

Hungary: Ministry of Agriculture

Iceland: Ministry of Health and Social Security

Iceland: Medicines Control Agency

Iceland: Environmental and Food Agency

Iceland: Ministry of Fisheries

Iceland: Ministry of Agriculture (in Icelandic)

Ireland: Department of Health and Children

Ireland: Medicines Board

Ireland: Food Safety Authority

Ireland: Agriculture and Food Development Authority

Italy: Ministry of Health (in Italian)

Italy: National Institute of Health

Italy: Ministry of Agricultural Policy (in Italian)

Latvia: State Agency of Medicines

Latvia: Ministry of Agriculture

Lithuania: Ministry of Health

Lithuania: State Medicines Control Agency

Lithuania: Ministry of Agriculture

Luxembourg: Ministry of Health (in French)

Luxembourg: Food Safety (in French)

Malta: Ministry of Health

Malta: Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries

Netherlands: Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport

Netherlands: Medicines Evaluation Board

Netherlands: Ministry of Agriculture, Nature Management and Fisheries

Netherlands: Inspectorate for Health Protection and Veterinary Public Health

Norway: Ministry of Health and Social Affairs

Norway: Norwegian Board of Health

Norway: Food Control Authority (in Norwegian)

Norway: Norwegian Medicines Agency (in Norwegian)

Norway: Ministry of Agriculture

Norway: Ministry of Fisheries

Poland: Ministry of Health and Social Security (in Polish)

Poland: Drug Institute

Poland: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development

Portugal: Ministry of Health (in Portuguese)

Portugal: National Institute of Pharmacy and Medicines (in Portuguese)

Portugal: Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries (in Portuguese)

Romania: Ministry of Health and the Family (in Romanian)

Romania: Ministry of Agriculture, Alimentation and Forests

San Marino: Ministry of Health and Social Security (in Italian)

Slovak Republic: Ministry of Health (in Slovak)

Slovak Republic: State Institute for Drug Control

Slovak Republic: Ministry of Agriculture

Slovak Republic: State Veterinary and Food Administration (in Slovak)

Slovenia: Ministry of Public Health (in Slovenian)

Slovenia: Institute of Public Health

Slovenia: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food

Spain: Ministry of Health and Consumption (in Spanish)

Spain: Spanish Drug Agency

Spain: Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (in Spanish)

Sweden: Medical Products Agency

Sweden: National Board of Health and Welfare

Sweden: National Food Administration

Sweden: Ministry of Agriculture

Sweden: National Board of Fisheries (in Swedish)

Switzerland: Federal Office of Public Health

Switzerland: Agency for Therapeutic Products

Switzerland: Federal Veterinary Office

Switzerland: Federal Office for Agriculture

Turkey: Ministry of Health (in Turkish)

Turkey: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs

Ukraine: Ministry of Health

Ukraine: Ministry of Agroindustrial Complex

UK: Department of Health

UK: Health Protection Agency

UK: Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency

UK: National Institute for Biological Standards and Control

UK: Food Standards Agency

UK: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

UK: Veterinary Medicines Directorate

Middle East
Bahrain: Ministry of Health

Bahrain: Ministry of Housing and Agriculture

Israel: Ministry of Health

Israel: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development

Israel: Ministry of Industry and Trade

Jordan: Ministry of Health

Jordan: Ministry of Agriculture

Lebanon: Ministry of Health

Lebanon: Ministry of Agriculture

Palestinian Authority: Ministry of Health

Saudi Arabia: Ministry of Health

Saudi Arabia: Ministry of Agriculture and Water

United Arab Emirates: Ministry of Health

United Arab Emirates: Federal Department of Pharmacies

United Arab Emirates: Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries

Yemen: Ministry of Public Health & Population

Africa

Benin: Ministry of Health (in French)

Benin: Ministry of Agriculture (in French)

Botswana: Ministry of Health

Botswana: Ministry of Agriculture

Egypt: Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation

Ghana: Ministry of Health

Ghana: Ministry of Food and Agriculture

Kenya: Ministry of Health

Kenya: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development

Maldives: Ministry of Health

Maldives: Ministry of Fisheries, Agriculture and Marine Resources

Mauritius: Ministry of Health & Quality of Life

Mauritius: Ministry of Agriculture, Food Technology & Natural Resources

Mauritius: Ministry of Fisheries

Morocco: Ministry of Public Health (in French)

Morocco: Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development, Water and Forests (in French)

Namibia: Ministry of Health and Social Services

Namibia: Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Rural Development

Namibia: Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources

Senegal: Ministry of Health, Hygiene and Prevention (in French)

Senegal: Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (in French)

South Africa: Department of Health

South Africa: Department of Agriculture

Swaziland: Ministry of Health and Social Welfare

Swaziland: Ministry of Agriculture

Tanzania: Ministry of Health

Tanzania: Ministry of Agriculture & Food Security

Tunisia: Ministry of Public Health (in French)

Tunisia: Office of Pharmacy and Medicines (in French)

Tunisia: Ministry of Agriculture (in French)

Uganda: Ministry of Health

Zimbabwe: Ministry of Health and Child Welfare

Americas

Argentina: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Argentina: National Administration of Drugs, Foods and Medical Technology (in Spanish)

Argentina: Secretariat for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food

Belize: Ministry of Health

Belize: Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Cooperatives

Bolivia: Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (in Spanish)

Brazil: Ministry of Health (in Portuguese)

Brazil: National Health Surveillance Agency (in Portuguese)

Brazil: Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz

Brazil: Ministry of Agriculture (in Portuguese)

Canada: Health Products and Food Branch

Canada: Agriculture and Agri-Food

Canada: Food Inspection Agency

Chile: Health Ministry (in Spanish)

Chile: Institute of Public Health (in Spanish)

Chile: Ministry of Agriculture (in Spanish)

Chile: Undersecretariat of Fisheries (in Spanish)

Colombia: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Colombia: INVIMA Instituto Nacional de Vigilancia de Medicamentos y Alimentos (in Spanish)

Colombia: Ministry of Agriculture (in Spanish)

Costa Rica: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Costa Rica: Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (in Spanish)

Dominican Republic: Ministry of Agriculture (in Spanish)

Ecuador: Ministry of Public Health (in Spanish)

Ecuador: Ministry of Foreign Trade, Industrialization, Fisheries and Competitiveness (in Spanish)

Ecuador: Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock

El Salvador: Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance (in Spanish)

El Salvador: Ministry of Agriculture (in Spanish)

Guatemala: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Guatemala: Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food (in Spanish)

Guyana: Ministry of Health

Guyana: Ministry of Agriculture

Guyana: National Bureau of Standards

Jamaica: Ministry of Health

Mexico: Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (in Spanish)

Netherlands Antilles: Department of Public Health and Environmental Protection

Nicaragua: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Nicaragua: Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (in Spanish)

Panama: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Panama: Ministry of Agricultural Development (in Spanish)

Paraguay: Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (in Spanish)

Peru: Ministry of Health (in Spanish)

Peru: General Directorate of Pharmaceuticals, Devices and Drugs (in Spanish)

Peru: Ministry of Agriculture (in Spanish)

St. Lucia: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment

Trinidad and Tobago: Ministry of Health

Trinidad and Tobago: Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Marine Resources

Trinidad & Tobago: Bureau of Standards

Uruguay: Ministry of Public Health (in Spanish)

Uruguay: Ministry of Livestock, Agriculture and Fisheries (in Spanish)

Venezuela: Ministry of Health and Social Development (in Spanish)

Venezuela: Ministry of Agriculture (in Spanish)

http://www.fda.gov/InternationalPrograms/Agreements/ucm131179.htm
-------

You were saying?

Last edited:
Huh?

Do you like to just make shit up?

Certainly appears to be that way.

And these, of course:

International Organizations
World Health Organization

Pan-American Health Organization

WHO Regional Office for Europe

WHO Regional Office for Africa

WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean

WHO Regional Office for Southeast Asia

WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific