No More Swingsets - Too Many Sue Happy Parents

The deal is, the parents should get sued for badly supervising their little monsters. Swings are very safe if you have enough of a brain. Why everyone else has to loose because someone decides to be stupid is the ultimate in unfair.

I agree it's crazy anything that happens they ban! Well soon they won't be cars because there are plenty of law suits! lol Well
I think it's terrible! The children are going to learn that if something goes wrong then give up! Schools are taking away swing sets because 2 children sued when 100's of kids played there before. Now my kid will tell me "i tryed doing math didn't know it, lets throw it out like the school swings!!" HOW is that!
We must try to get grants together and put safe surfacing under the swings!

My daughter came in the other night screaming. She was riding her bike home and some body was in a van, backing out of their driveway, and didn't see her. She had to slam on the brakes and in doing so she got her foot caught in the spokes of the bike. (Don't ask me, I have no idea). Gashed the ball of her foot good and bruised the hell out of her upper foot. Did I mention she was wearing flip flops, again, despite being told by me numerous times to 'put on sneakers cause one of these days you're going to get hurt'? Hope she learned a lesson.

you should saw the flip flop company! lol

My daughter came in the other night screaming. She was riding her bike home and some body was in a van, backing out of their driveway, and didn't see her. She had to slam on the brakes and in doing so she got her foot caught in the spokes of the bike. (Don't ask me, I have no idea). Gashed the ball of her foot good and bruised the hell out of her upper foot. Did I mention she was wearing flip flops, again, despite being told by me numerous times to 'put on sneakers cause one of these days you're going to get hurt'? Hope she learned a lesson.

If I were a loon I would! lol

After I made sure she was ok and patched her up I told her not to wear flip flops when riding a bike . . .again. My words have fallen on deaf ears so far. Maybe I should tape a pic of her foot onto the bike!

IMG_3914.jpg
IMG_3915.jpg

My children's elementary school (who are no longer children...snif) took out ALL play equipment.
All they did during recess was sit around and be bored.
Finally a couple years ago enough parents complained that they are now allowed to run during recess.
Not kidding.

I am not surprised. My son actually was injured pretty badly jumping off a swing at pre-school. It never occurred to me to sue. I felt badly for his teacher who cried.

I was on the high school swim team and we had a pretty awesome dive team. My son is now a HS swimmer, and out of every meet we've been to, only one, very expensive prep school had a dive team. Too dangerous I guess. Sheez.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Elementary school playgrounds in one West Virginia county are losing their swing sets.

Swings are being removed from Cabell County schools in southern West Virginia in part because of lawsuits over injuries.

Stewart says a lawsuit in the past year involved a youngster who broke his arm jumping off a swing like Superman. It was settled for $20,000.

Other equipment such as monkey bars will remain. Stewart says the schools are able to maintain the proper protection underneath them.
Swing sets removed at some W.Va. schools - Yahoo! News

I think they should ban scissors as well. Too dangerous. Maybe even pencils. Chalk makes some kids sneeze... :evil:

I agree.

They should also ban mimeograph machines as the chemicals used in them can give one a headache!

pen3a.jpg

Ditto that.

My children's elementary school (who are no longer children...snif) took out ALL play equipment.
All they did during recess was sit around and be bored.
Finally a couple years ago enough parents complained that they are now allowed to run during recess.
Not kidding.

:eek:

I went to Catholic school and there was no such thing as a play ground. We played line tag in the big parking lot and 'squish' against a wall. Jump rope . . no one does that anymore. Oh yeah and wall ball. One person was 'it' and stood facing the wall while the others throw balls at him. I have no idea how one 'wins' or 'gets out' . . . only the boys played that! :lol:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Elementary school playgrounds in one West Virginia county are losing their swing sets.

Swings are being removed from Cabell County schools in southern West Virginia in part because of lawsuits over injuries.

Stewart says a lawsuit in the past year involved a youngster who broke his arm jumping off a swing like Superman. It was settled for $20,000.

Other equipment such as monkey bars will remain. Stewart says the schools are able to maintain the proper protection underneath them.

Swing sets removed at some W.Va. schools - Yahoo! News

I think they should ban scissors as well. Too dangerous. Maybe even pencils. Chalk makes some kids sneeze... :evil:

Where have you been? Haven't you noticed that monkey bars, see saws, and carosels have been gone for about 20 years? For the same stupid reason.

(Of course, if my kid was hurt, I wouldn't think it was so stupid)

Remember walking under the see saw and getting your clock cleaned as it came down? Puking from the spinning carosel?

Well, well, well. Another Hannity emigre'?

Forum List

Back