~No More School~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
I know it's different everywhere, regarding when school is out for the summer.
We are officially out here, we don't go back till mid August.
We start mid August and end mid May, or end of May. We were a little later getting out this year because we had snow days, which are rare here.
Some states go year round, as I understand..how is it where you live??
I like the schedule the way it is now in my state, as I have the weekends off, the holidays off and the entire summer off.
If we went year round, we wouldn't have the lengthy summer time.

My kids go to charter school (YEAH!) and have a 4-day school week, with occasional "Friday school" days thrown in throughout the year to accomodate...something, lol. I'm not sure what. They get out on June 3 this year, and usually start around the last week of Aug/first week of Sept.

And I am counting the minutes till school is done for the year; one kid in tee ball, one in baseball, various and assorted school functions, music, girl scouts (though that sort of went away when we started baseball)...I'm pooped, man. I'm tired of homework at night, tracking the backpacks, going through their stuff, watching the calendar, parent teacher conferences, recitals, games, concerts, field trips! It's been a lovely year but I'm ready for a little break!

As of June 6....kids will get up with me and there will be no rush to get them off to school @ 7:40 so I can be at work @ 8. It will be "put something on your bodies and climb in the car, you're going to Nana's!" No homework, no backpacks, no uniforms, no violins, no cold lunches or water to find and pack. HEAVEN!!

Of course, I say the same thing when school starts....Now I'm going to pay through the nose for childcare!

We usually get off around June 20 and go back after Labor Day

180 days whether you need it or not

Forum List

Back