No more Republicans and democrats

Zan Cole

Rookie
Nov 24, 2010
Does any one else see the fact that while in the foundation of our country this two party system was necessary because of the massive distance our founding fathers had to travel and send post to get things done. Two apposing party lines were a necessary evil in days that horse was still the fastest mode of travel. But now when we can talk to people across the world in an instant the only function the party system now has is to move the people of power further from the back bone of this country the working people. The republicans are the big money movers in which they protect their own pockets over the welfare of the people, and the democrats want to support those that abuse the system instead of fixing the problem they are the band-aide givers and the people to tell you that it is all right. We care more about their personal lives like they were some sort of sudo-celebs when the things we should care about, how they vote; we barely hear a whisper about until their opponent from the other side of the line slams them with it. I am sorry I am a little fed up with the bureaucracy that is only there still because we allow it. And as my last point lobbyist? Really? I mean how can that really be an accepted form of government? When the people with power can have people in their ears with ties to companies like Enron? wooo i feel better thanks for reading this.

My beer goggles can't read all of that. Can you give me the cliff notes of the point you are trying to make?

Do you want one party or seven?
Personally, I'd like one"party". A dictator. You assholes are too stupid to be allowed to vote.
this coming from a coward who flees the Country because he could not compete with us "stupid assholes"......have you cleaned out your Donkeys Rectum yet?....you said you needed to do that to find your drugs.....

Oh Harry, what was that earlier post about the anus? LOL Now don't disappoint me so early.:eek:

Personally, I'd like one"party". A dictator. You assholes are too stupid to be allowed to vote.
this coming from a coward who flees the Country because he could not compete with us "stupid assholes"......have you cleaned out your Donkeys Rectum yet?....you said you needed to do that to find your drugs.....

Oh Harry, what was that earlier post about the anus? LOL Now don't disappoint me so early.:eek:
i think Shin this fucker is calling ALL OF US assholes.....and he is not one of us ....so fuck him....

actually it is a no party system a system where a man stands on his own and is held accountable.

actually it is a no party system a system where a man stands on his own and is held accountable.
So instead of two parties where there is a wide range of views, you have no parties and just hundreds of independents that can't make their minds up, believed in 'unity in diversity' once, but in truth the US political system is just one big mess without some kind of uniting force like a party.

The two parties couldn't be more different.

One party is 90% white people who are nearly all the same religion based in the southern states with extreme and radical conservative views.

The other party is a true coalition party made up of everyone else without a "ruling majority".

I agree with you that there does need to be a change in the system. The fact that we still need a unifying force in our country is a very sad note, and is really the fault of the education system not being able to teach people how to think for themselves. We kid ourselves alot that we are a democratic system. And hopefully in our lifetime the need for capitalizim will not be needed to drive our economy. The fact that people view their respected parties are so squeaky clean. Yes dem's are the first to reach out to minorities but that doesn't make them a really large part of their base. Their base is really the young generation in general regardless of race, while the right wing its the religious and elderly base. I d like how everyone is content with the role of lobbyist in our government.

Both parties go to the same 2% of the voters for their campaign funds, i.e., the richest 2%.

Not really. The Democratic Party receives the bulk of it's money from individual contributions.

The Republicans receives the bulk of it's money from corporations. It's been that way for the last 20 years.

Both parties go to the same 2% of the voters for their campaign funds, i.e., the richest 2%.

Not really. The Democratic Party receives the bulk of it's money from individual contributions.

The Republicans receives the bulk of it's money from corporations. It's been that way for the last 20 years.

WOW, all those links to support that makes your statement irrefutable
[/sarcasm]

So instead of two parties where there is a wide range of views, you have no parties and just hundreds of independents that can't make their minds up, believed in 'unity in diversity' once, but in truth the US political system is just one big mess without some kind of uniting force like a party.

That is bull. A no party system would work far better than the crap that we have now. The problem is that someone without a party cannot effectively compete against the party monster making it nigh impossible to get out of the party system that we are in.

The two parties couldn't be more different.

One party is 90% white people who are nearly all the same religion based in the southern states with extreme and radical conservative views.

The other party is a true coalition party made up of everyone else without a "ruling majority".

:piss2:

Does any one else see the fact that while in the foundation of our country this two party system was necessary because of the massive distance our founding fathers had to travel and send post to get things done. Two apposing party lines were a necessary evil in days that horse was still the fastest mode of travel. But now when we can talk to people across the world in an instant the only function the party system now has is to move the people of power further from the back bone of this country the working people. The republicans are the big money movers in which they protect their own pockets over the welfare of the people, and the democrats want to support those that abuse the system instead of fixing the problem they are the band-aide givers and the people to tell you that it is all right. We care more about their personal lives like they were some sort of sudo-celebs when the things we should care about, how they vote; we barely hear a whisper about until their opponent from the other side of the line slams them with it. I am sorry I am a little fed up with the bureaucracy that is only there still because we allow it. And as my last point lobbyist? Really? I mean how can that really be an accepted form of government? When the people with power can have people in their ears with ties to companies like Enron? wooo i feel better thanks for reading this.

The very same argument could be made that the whole purpose of having a REPUBLIC is now outdated.

We could, for example, give every citizen the ability to vote on bills and policies, now, thanks to modern technology.

But let's face it...nobody really wants to live in a true democracy of 300,000,000 people.

Anyone who reads boards like these understands that the PEOPLE probably aren't going to be able to remotely fathom most of the problems facing us.

Most of us who are honest know that we don't honestly know.

OTOH, its arguable that neither can the members of Congress truly understand many of the problems they vote on, either.

Look at the professional qualifications of the 109th Congress:

In the 109
th Congress,

218 Members (160 Representatives, 58 Senators)

list their occupation as law;

195 Members (163 Representatives, 32 Senators) list public

service/politics,

193 Members (163 Representatives, 30 Senators) list business.

Members

often list more than one profession when surveyed by Congressional Quarterly, Inc.

Now is that a well rounded representation of society?

Lawyers, bureaucrats and businessmen? Sure those professions ought to be there, but that's it?

Face it, kids.​

These people aren't up to the task of making decisions about the fate of the nation or the world.​

None of us are.​

We are a species who has learned just enough to be finally become a true menace to ourselves.

The sooner our robots develop real intelligence, the better.

I think our species might have peaked.

great_and_powerful_oz.jpg

The great and powerful OZ agrees

New Topics

Forum List

Back