No more monuments

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
NO MORE MONUMENTS
We have enough monuments already. They are called cemeteries with head stones. Nevada is talking about building a monument at the site of the IHOP in Carson City were the four people were killed. At the Stead air race site. We have monuments all over the place and they are constant reminders and how are we to heal and move on? I am sick of all the dead people holidays like Columbus Day that screwed up my day each year. Who the hell was Columbus? Check it out.

When I was a kid there was a stretch of highway with little white crosses massed from Tucson to Phoenix marking the place where someone died. A constant reminder that make my trip scary and could not enjoy the ride for the distractions of some one’s death. I called it Death’s Highway.
I have been in Reno for 40 years and there is a monument on Moana and the entrance to the north bound freeway and I have never know who died there.

Cemeteries are the place of monuments and memorials. We need more IHOPS instead of more monuments. When and were will all this stop?

You're in the Reno area LilOl Lady? I first went to the Reno Air Races in 1972 and I've been a huge racing fan ever since. It's terrible what happened to Jimmy and the Ghost (I even made a thread about it) but I agree, we have to stop mourning and just move on.

The last thing we need is more cemeteries. Devoting land to marble markers and ornately boxed, soulless corpses is stupid. Devote the land to parks where people can go to celebrate the lives of their loved ones.
Cremation is the way to go. If you need a place to visit the remains, put the urn on your mantle,
For me, when I go, I've instructed my son Josh to fire up my bike and put his sister on the back with my ashes. They will head for the town in Connecticut where I grew up and let the wind take my remains and return them to the place I love.
Let living people enjoy that 5' x 10' piece of property I would have wasted.

Forum List

Back