No More Injections for Diabetics

And hopefully Americans stop stuffing their faces with shit they shouldn't eat. That's the best way to avoid type 2 diabetes.

What an amazingly ignorant statement.

You're right. It has nothing to do with eating habits. :rolleyes:

Now have another pizza and Super Big Gulp.

I have type 2 diabetes, and it is rampant open my father's side of the family. I think I know something about this condition. Obviously, much more than you do.

Your remarks on the subject show nothing but pure ignorance.
he is right toro.....i know 2 people who are in great shape and eat much better than i ever did....right now because of their family history both are type 2 and on oral medication....

And a guy whom I worked with who was in great shape and watched everything he ate dropped dead from a heart attack on the beach at 47.

That’s genetics.

Don’t stuff your face with carbs and you are less likely to get diabetes.

You’re correct. But to tell diabetics go put down the Papa John’s pizza is incomplete advice.

Some people get the bullet in the Russian roulette of genetics. I married one who got two bullets- heart failure and diabetes.

Thank goodness I know enough to warn my kids how they can mitigate these conditions, but the fact is, they’re probably still going to face them.

And yes, being overweight dramatically increases your risk of type 2 diabetes.

If you don't have the genetic pattern for it, then you won't get it, no matter how obese you become, or how bad your diet is.

And if you do have the genetic pattern for it, then you might get it no matter how well you manage your weight and your diet.

4DC1D5DE00000578-5901081-image-a-16_1530281297435.jpg

I can't recall that I've ever known a diabetic that looks like this.

Type 1 diabetics tend to be rather thin. Type 1 diabetes is actually a very different condition than type 2. All that they really have in common is that the end result is that one's body becomes very bad at regulating its blood sugar level, and especially prone to having one's blood sugar level go too high.

The woman in that picture could very easily be a type 1 diabetic. She could be a type 2, but probably not, as type 2s usually tend to be overweight, but aren't always.

Type 1 diabetics tend to be rather thin. Type 1 diabetes is actually a very different condition than type 2. All that they really have in common is that the end result is that one's body becomes very bad at regulating its blood sugar level, and especially prone to having one's blood sugar level go too high.

The woman in that picture could very easily be a type 1 diabetic. She could be a type 2, but probably not, as type 2s usually tend to be overweight, but aren't always.

Hm. I see. I was speaking from my own interactions.

Interesingly, there was a short documentary I'd watched on the topic of diabetes. From what they were saying, sugar/carbs can't cause diabetes. The way they said it, it was eating fat which caused it.

I forget the name of the docmentary, though. It seemed sound, though, the way they explained it. It made sense.

Last edited:
Here's a snip from the documentary that said it was eating fat which causes diabetes. I couldn't find the actual documentary.

And a guy whom I worked with who was in great shape and watched everything he ate dropped dead from a heart attack on the beach at 47.

That’s genetics.

Don’t stuff your face with carbs and you are less likely to get diabetes.
most overweight people never develop type 2 diabetes and many people with type 2 are at a normal weight or only moderately overweight.....and some even exercise daily and yet still get it.... family history, ethnicity and age also play a role......

5 out of 6 smokers wont get lung cancer either.
you are the one who put being overweight as a pretty sure sign to get diabetes....are you now backing off?...and smoking accounts for 80 to 90% of all lung cancer deaths according to the CDC...that seems like 5 out of 6 smokers will get it eventually....your numbers are your numbers....

Most deaths from lung cancers are smokers does not mean most smokers die of lung cancers.

the CDC seems to say you are wrong about lung cancer,80 to 90% is more than the number you gave....and yes being obese does increases the risk yet the diabetes association says the majority of diabetics are normal weight people or slightly overweight.........

Dude, you are not getting the basic math. You’re not comparing the same things.

If there are 100 people and 20 of them smoke, and 5 people out of 100 get lung cancer and 4 of those who had lung cancer smoked, then 20% of smokers got lung cancer while 80% of those who got lung cancer smoked.

Interesingly, there was a short documentary I'd watched on the topic of diabetes. From what they were saying, sugar/carbs can't cause diabetes. The way they said it, it was eating fat which caused it.

I forget the name of the docmentary, though. It seemed sound, though, the way they explained it. It made sense.

Sounds like solid digestive waste from a male bovine, to me.

Type 1 diabetes is caused by an autoimmune disorder, in which one's' immune system attacks and destroys one's pancreas.

Type 2 is genetic, and the complete mechanism is not nearly as well understood as with type 1, but some part of the body's chemistry interferes with the normal function of insulin.

Neither is caused by anything that one eats; though obviously, diet is an important part of maintaining one's health if one has either of these conditions.

Here's a snip from the documentary that said it was eating fat which causes diabetes. I couldn't find the actual documentary.

It's bullshit. Excessive fat aggravates type 2 diabetes; it contributes to the issues that interfere with the proper function of insulin. It does not cause diabetes. If you don't have the underlying condition to begin with, then all the fat in the world won't cause you to develop it.

Ironically, the same condition which manifests as type 2 diabetes also usually makes one much more prone to putting on excess fat. The body is more prone to putting calories on as fat, and less prone to using it as energy. Thus, type 2 diabetes have a tendency to be sluggish as well as fat. I seem to have escaped this tendency. I very much suspect that I have some other, unknown, undiagnosed opinion that tends to make me thin, frail, and hyperactive (which is how I was when I was younger, before my diabetes manifested) that now tends to balance out the tendency that my type 2 diabetes would otherwise have to make me fat and sluggish.

most overweight people never develop type 2 diabetes and many people with type 2 are at a normal weight or only moderately overweight.....and some even exercise daily and yet still get it.... family history, ethnicity and age also play a role......

5 out of 6 smokers wont get lung cancer either.
you are the one who put being overweight as a pretty sure sign to get diabetes....are you now backing off?...and smoking accounts for 80 to 90% of all lung cancer deaths according to the CDC...that seems like 5 out of 6 smokers will get it eventually....your numbers are your numbers....

Most deaths from lung cancers are smokers does not mean most smokers die of lung cancers.

the CDC seems to say you are wrong about lung cancer,80 to 90% is more than the number you gave....and yes being obese does increases the risk yet the diabetes association says the majority of diabetics are normal weight people or slightly overweight.........

Dude, you are not getting the basic math. You’re not comparing the same things.

If there are 100 people and 20 of them smoke, and 5 people out of 100 get lung cancer and 4 of those who had lung cancer smoked, then 20% of smokers got lung cancer while 80% of those who got lung cancer smoked.
toro you said 5 out of 6 people who smoke WONT get lung cancer...the CDC,an organization who knows more about this than you, says 80 to 90% of lung cancer cases are people who smoke or were smokers.....that doesnt back up what you said.....

Forum List

Back