No More Hyphenated Americans

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
My initial response to just the title of this piece was – Amen! Hallelujah! It's about time someone spoke common sense about one of the most divisive factors in our society. We somehow lost our way of integrating people into American society and this could be a huge step in restoring it.

The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King famously said: "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." That will never happen unless we reject the politics of division and embrace a new culture of unity.

We need to stop categorizing each other by skin color and race. I propose that from the 2017 Martin Luther King Day forward, there be no more hyphenated Americans. Let us cease calling ourselves Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American, Irish-American, Italian-American, Jewish-American, Asian-American, or any other ethnic or national bifurcation. We are Americans.

Much more of this great essay @ Articles: No More Hyphenated Americans

My grand daughter came home the other day, and she said they were learning about Martin Luther King in school. Then she said something that bothered me when I thought about it. She said PA PA you know that there was a white man that was hiding in the bushes who shot Mr. King right ? I said yes honey that's true, but it also made me think that this is where the beginning of the "White Guilt" syndrome starts, and if you take blacks who want to use this topic as a cause to make whites feel eternally indebted to all people who are black, then it is a failed teaching and strategy going forward in order to someday erase these things from the new generations minds. Black History month should now be called American History Month. This way the children can choose the heroes or role model of their choice, and not be subjected to a form of indoctrination that ends in the "White Guilt" syndrome. I was saddened by my grand daughter's experience in this, and it's time to promote all races as being American, and to promote unity instead of division. It's time. History needs to be taught as History, but preferential treatment of different periods in History needs to change. No preferential treatment of history subjects in school any longer, where as these subjects are then high jacked for power and political gains upon a generation being indoctrinated.

Conservatives who think race doesn't matter are as fucking stupid as liberals.

Race matters.

We aren't just HYPHENATED. WE ARE separate races. We can't "come together" any more than oil and water.

Fuck the cuckservatives who call for us to "just get over our differences, we're all Americans."

No.

FUCK NO.

We are whites. Our lives matter.

We don't just "categorize ourselves" by "color and race." Those are essential parts of WHO WE ARE.

HOW GOD MADE US.

Respect God's creation. Separate the races.

NOW.

Race matters.

We aren't just HYPHENATED. WE ARE separate races. We can't "come together" any more than oil and water.

Fuck the cuckservatives who call for us to "just get over our differences, we're all Americans."

No.

FUCK NO.

^ That post brought to you by the wave that Trump rode in on. #MAGA

Race matters.

No.

FUCK NO.

We are Americans regardless of race, and yes there is culture clashes within the races, but there is no reason why we all can't live together as American's recognising standards and laws that are the glue that holds all American's together. It's when you have movements that start trying to separate Americans for diabolical reasons is when we need to call it out. We as American's haven't had the ability to do this for way to long now, and we have to change. It's time.

Race matters.

No.

FUCK NO.

Political posturing much here ?? Sad.

Race matters.

No.

FUCK NO.

Political honesty.

Race matters.

No.

FUCK NO.

Political honesty.
The political part destroy's the honesty part.

Race matters.

No.

FUCK NO.

Political honesty.
I think the truth just makes you uncomfortable

Race matters.

No.

FUCK NO.

Political honesty.
I think the truth just makes you uncomfortable
. You think wrong.

Forum List

Back