No more Happy Meals in Santa Clara

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Hoping again to be a pioneer in promoting healthier eating, Santa Clara County supervisors on Tuesday approved the nation's first ordinance that would prevent restaurants from using toys to lure kids to meals high in fat, sugar and calories.

The law prohibits restaurants in unincorporated parts of the county from giving away goodies unless the meals meet certain nutritional guidelines. More and more in recent years, fast-food critics say restaurants have encouraged families to make unhealthy choices by offering Iron Man Cyclone Spinning Robot Drones and Barbie Mermaid dolls with their kids' meals.

Though the crackdown will affect no more than a handful of restaurants, county supervisors hope their vote will hoped this latest push would prod the restaurant industry to take notice.

Santa Clara County: Supervisors ban toys with fast-food meals - San Jose Mercury News

Move to the next town Micky D. Fuck Santa Clara.

I wonder if they'll ban Cracker Jacks too.

Holy Smokes!! And I used to live there.
Anyone see how our elected officials are out of control with such a multitude of:
"What's Best For Us" Bull'chit' legislation? Holy Cow it never stops. :cuckoo:

We have all the Disney collectibles from Burger King. I still keep them in a container for when little kids come to my house.

I wonder what these nutjobs serve at kids' birthday parties. Sushi?

We have all the Disney collectibles from Burger King. I still keep them in a container for when little kids come to my house.

I wonder what these nutjobs serve at kids' birthday parties. Sushi?
That's quite funny.
And it's of course a Bull'chit' legislation..:eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back