No more Happy Meals in San Fran?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
This is from Hot Air.

I can understand the campaign against Joe Camel because (a) kids who try smokes are old enough that their parents aren’t supervising them 24/7 anymore and (b) ciggies are addictive, so once kids are tempted to try, it’s not easy to get them to quit. In other words, kids at that age have some degree of free choice and the cost of choosing badly is high, so maybe we want to eliminate any inducements to it. But what’s the argument with Happy Meals, which, last I checked, are geared towards six-year-olds? Is the worry that first-graders are strolling in there on their own during recess, all set to order fruit slices when suddenly a shapely Grimace figurine catches their eye? Mom’s going to be right there with them every time. So … why can’t she decide?

Hot Air San Francisco considering banning toys in Happy Meals for some reason

There are some serious mental cases out there on the left coast. (no offense lumpy1)

How do these fascists get elected?

This is from Hot Air.

I can understand the campaign against Joe Camel because (a) kids who try smokes are old enough that their parents aren’t supervising them 24/7 anymore and (b) ciggies are addictive, so once kids are tempted to try, it’s not easy to get them to quit. In other words, kids at that age have some degree of free choice and the cost of choosing badly is high, so maybe we want to eliminate any inducements to it. But what’s the argument with Happy Meals, which, last I checked, are geared towards six-year-olds? Is the worry that first-graders are strolling in there on their own during recess, all set to order fruit slices when suddenly a shapely Grimace figurine catches their eye? Mom’s going to be right there with them every time. So … why can’t she decide?

There are some serious mental cases out there on the left coast. (no offense lumpy1)

they have lots of fascists for friends?

This is from Hot Air.

Hey i have tried to tell the nut cases here on USMB that in SF they are telling you what you can and cannot eat...and have been for a very long time.

Silly isn't it? They just don't want kids to go there period but they know they can't do that. So at least they can hurt their profits and punish those greedy capitalists poisoning our children. Errr!

Hilarious.
Fast food hamburger can barely be considered meat.
It has antibiotics, traces of numerous toxic substances including cow shit, they pump it with saline then blast it with other chemicals so it maintains consistency.

And the government is worried about the plastic toy....
Only in America.

In fairness, a great many people in this country are in fact too stupid to be trusted with their children's health.

mcdonalds-fat1.jpg

In fairness, a great many people in this country are in fact too stupid to be trusted with their children's health.

mcdonalds-fat1.jpg

Should their parents be brought up on charges of child abuse? I bet you could make a case.

mcdonalds-fat1.jpg

Should their parents be brought up on charges of child abuse? I bet you could make a case.

In cases THAT extreme? I think the argument could be made that the parents are neglecting their child's health, and neglect is abuse. Not sure I'd vote to prosecute, but that doesn't mean it isn't abuse.

mcdonalds-fat1.jpg

In Mexico; grown-ups control dogs and children. In America: dogs and children control grow-ups...
Cesar Millan

This is from Hot Air.

:lol:
You wanted zoning laws to ban Tattoo shops. You should NEVER call anyone fascist. :rofl:

Forum List

Back