No more going to out-of-the- way liquor stores

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Washington state finally got with the program after 75 years. Privatized liquor on June 1.

I decided to wait a few days until all of the excitement and confusion died down.

One Stop Shopping Baby!!!!!!!!

(it was close though - the Washington State Supreme Court upheld it 5-4 on May 31).

That is the final word - no more challenges or appeals by opponants.

Last edited:
Washington state finally got with the program after 75 years. Privatized liquor on June 1.

I decided to wait a few days until all of the excitement and confusion died down.

That is good news for the state's economy. Oregon still has state controlled liquor laws and businesses. We have one place in my town of 9,500 to purchase hard liquor. I hear it is a very busy place......:lol:

Beer and wine can be sold anywhere.

That is good news for the state's economy. Oregon still has state controlled liquor laws and businesses. We have one place in my town of 9,500 to purchase hard liquor. I hear it is a very busy place......:lol:

Beer and wine can be sold anywhere.

I thought Oregon had privatized liquor.

I know they are one of the only states where you still can't pump your own gas.

Former Wash state liquor stores are being privatized to sell liquor at competitive prices.

Or else converted into another type of business.

I don't think the former liquor store 2 blocks away from the Safeway I go to is going to be around very much longer.

It's more about convenience than price anyway. Not much different except prices listed on the shelves don't include taxes like the state liquor stores.

Freaking shelves were practically depleted. New to them also.

(guess they have done some reshuffling on USMB since I was last on - moved Gen Disc threads into Current Events)

Seems like most of the states I've lived in during my life have all had state-operated liquor stores.

I can remember years ago in Pennsylvania, the only way you could buy less than a case of beer (which was only available at a state-operated liquor store, of course) was to go into a local tavern and buy a six-pack or singles from the bartender. How stupid is that? It may still be that way, for all I know.

Maine and New Hampshire both have "variations" of state-operated "hard" liquor stores. Wine and beer are available just about anywhere.

I'm not sure what the liquor laws are in Taxachusetts. The Massholes probably make you go to some union-operated "speak-easy" and pay double the price, plus all kinds of taxes.

Seems like most of the states I've lived in during my life have all had state-operated liquor stores.

I can remember years ago in Pennsylvania, the only way you could buy less than a case of beer (which was only available at a state-operated liquor store, of course) was to go into a local tavern and buy a six-pack or singles from the bartender. How stupid is that? It may still be that way, for all I know.

Maine and New Hampshire both have "variations" of state-operated "hard" liquor stores. Wine and beer are available just about anywhere.

I'm not sure what the liquor laws are in Taxachusetts. The Massholes probably make you go to some union-operated "speak-easy" and pay double the price, plus all kinds of taxes.

It still is. :eusa_eh:

Former Wash state liquor stores are being privatized to sell liquor at competitive prices.

Or else converted into another type of business.

I don't think the former liquor store 2 blocks away from the Safeway I go to is going to be around very much longer.

It's more about convenience than price anyway. Not much different except prices listed on the shelves don't include taxes like the state liquor stores.

I heard Rite Aid is the place to buy it.

Forum List

Back