No more frivolous gun laws...

1% of all murders happen in a mass shooting event.
99% of murders happen outside of mass shooting events
So mass shootings are no problem?

As far as our crime and murder rates go they are the least of the problems we have.
And therefore unworthy of any consideration?
Where did I imply that?

The fact is that rifles are used in less than 2% of all murders, and in fact 6 times as many people are stabbed to death every year and more that twice as many are beaten to death with nothing more than hands and feet.

Looking objectively, and I know it's easy to get all emotional when multiple people are killed in one event, the real problems in our society when it comes to murder are not rifles of any kind.

SO all this call for "assault" weapons bans and restrictions on semiautomatic rifles will do nothing
If knives, hands and feet had design uses beyond a means of murder, you may have a point. Could you point out the designed use of assault weapons beyond killing as many people as quickly as possible?

There are 16 million rifles with magazines in private hands...none of them are assault rifles, by the made up definition of "assault rifle." The alleged "assault rifles" have select fire capability...the rifles 16 million gun owners have do not have that feature.....they have self defense rifles. Rifles used to protect themselves and their families. They are also used in competitions, target shooting and hunting.

You already know this, you post as if you don't, that makes you a liar.

As far as our crime and murder rates go they are the least of the problems we have.
Where did I imply that?

The fact is that rifles are used in less than 2% of all murders, and in fact 6 times as many people are stabbed to death every year and more that twice as many are beaten to death with nothing more than hands and feet.

Looking objectively, and I know it's easy to get all emotional when multiple people are killed in one event, the real problems in our society when it comes to murder are not rifles of any kind.

SO all this call for "assault" weapons bans and restrictions on semiautomatic rifles will do nothing
If knives, hands and feet had design uses beyond a means of murder, you may have a point. Could you point out the designed use of assault weapons beyond killing as many people as quickly as possible?

Civilians have the same rifles as the police have, and they are not used by law abiding citizens or police to kill as many people as possible. They are used to stop violent criminals from attacking law abiding people....and often are never fired when they do...

No law perfectly eliminates crime. But to say that as there is no perfect solution nothing should be tried is irresponsible at best, criminally negligent at worst.
Busy work? What does that accomplish? LOL
After every tragic mass shooting some hammerhead gun nut says two things. No law could have prevented this and, this is not the time to debate gun issues. The first statement is made in spite of the fact that this is the place mass shootings regularly happen. The second statement is made to silence debate in hopes the tragedy would soon be forgotten or overshadowed by some othe event not related to gun violence.

they are a problem....but they are not solved by taking guns away from law abiding gun owners...

600 million guns in private hands in the U.S.

Over 16.3 million Americans carry guns for self defense.

Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack, including mass public shootings, 1,500,000 times a year.

The total number of mass public shootings in 2016....6.

Total murdered in mass public shootings in 2016....71.

Total murdered by a rental truck in Nice, France, one attack, vs. 6 mass public shootings.....89.

People murderd with knives in 2016...1,604.

People killed in car accidents....35,161.

So mass public shootings are a problem...they are not solved by taking away the guns of people not doing them.

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Progressives have no common sense, But then again gun control has really never been firearms it’s all about control.

Where did I imply that?

The purpose of a tool is decided by the wielder of that tool and not by the tool itself.

For example the purpose of my guns are to protect my life and the life of my wife not to kill. I decide the purpose of the tool
If I use a wrench to crack a person's skull open then I have decides the purpose of that wrench is to crack a skull.

You want to blame a tool for the intent of the person wielding it.
A tried and true fall back retort. But it does not excuse the design purpose of that tool. I might suggest that for self defense you could be adequserved by a revolver or bolt action rifle rather than a semi-automatic firing system fitted with a high capacity magazine. Similarly, your need of a hammer could be adequately served by a framer's hammer rather than a pneumatic jack hammer.

And you would get around to revolvers and bolt action rifles as soon as you get semi auto rifles and hand guns. A self defense rifle like the civilian AR or AK or the mini 14 is better than a bolt action rifle.......the ability to fire without having to work a bolt, allows you to deal with multiple attackers.....like when democrats are rioting, burning and looting a city.....these self defense rifles are used to keep democrats from burning and looting private property...they were used, without being fired, during the democrat, Rodney King riots, the democrat, Ferguson riots, and the Democrat, Baltimore riots.....the stores guarded by men and women with these self defense rifles were not burned and looted and the people were not beatn, robbed or raped by the democrats.

Forum List

Back