No More Entitled to Tax Deductions Than Food Stamps

BakshisMouse

Rookie
Jun 28, 2011
First, let’s look at the Constitution:

From Article I, Section 8

Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
Clause 2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

And for a good measure, Amendment XVI:
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

By the way, amendments are just as binding as the original document written in 1787. In fact, if amendments that are correctly enacted contradict the original document, the amendments take precedence.

Just by looking at these details, I can reasonably conclude that the Food Stamp Program is in no way in violation of this Constitution, even if the spending on them causes budget deficits. And Amendment XVI makes it very clear that the government can tax income. The government probably could still tax income even without the amendment, just because of Article I, Section 8, Clause 1. (If I'm wrong, sue me.)

What is the point of my pointing this out if most educated people would have known this already?

My point is that all of you comfy, chuffed, upper middle class arrogant dumbshits who complain so much about entitlement programs and taxes and yet trumpet the Constitution as the greatest wisdom ever written by men have no more of a Constitutional claim to your taxed income than a welfare queen has to her food stamps! "Welfare" is in the constitution multiple times; "Capitalism" a big fat zero!

:rofl:

Yes, there are limits. If Congress enacted a 100% tax on all income, while this might be a shitty idea, it would not be a Constitutional or legal issue! You would just vote those assholes out of office when the time came!

If you think I’m being crude or harsh, or that my generalizations are unfair, just look at your favorite radio host, Rush Limbaugh. You reap what you sow, hypocrites!

I am guessing you didn't know that Liberals changed the meaning of the word 'welfare' to be a noun after the Constitution was written, did you?

• Banned
I'm not saying the meaning of the word "welfare" hasn't changed. In the past 250 years. I'm saying it doesn't mean shit.

Thomas Jefferson said:
"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."
source

• Banned
But I am curious. Who told you that you were entitled to the other guy's stuff?

No one is actually entitled to anything from the Federal Government, as per the current Constitution.

You're not even entitled to your untaxed income!

That is my fucking point!

"Promote" the general welfare...............

This surely means that clueless bureaucrats should steal from one person and give to another so that he/she can enjoy public education, free university, food stamps, unlimited unemployment, childcare, civil servant benefits, universal healthcare and govt subsidized retirement ..........

Those are certain constitutional gurantees, no doubt about it...............lol

When did Promote the General Welfare of the United States become send LaTasha a check every month?

"Promote" the general welfare...............

This surely means that clueless bureaucrats should steal from one person and give to another so that he/she can enjoy public education, free university, food stamps, unlimited unemployment, childcare, civil servant benefits, universal healthcare and govt subsidized retirement ..........

Those are certain constitutional gurantees, no doubt about it...............lol

Repealing the food stamp program would not be a Constitutional or legal issue.

Neither would enacting a 100% income tax be a Constitutional or legal issue!

Can you address that?

No one is actually entitled to anything from the Federal Government, as per the current Constitution.

You have no 'fucking point,' as you don't even understand that you are making some sort of a lame-assed argument for negative rights.

Do you have any idea what the fuck you are blabbering about?
No, I didnt think so either.

Can you find any law that says citizens of the USA are entitled to their taxed income?

You have no 'fucking point,' as you don't even understand that you are making some sort of a lame-assed argument for negative rights.
That there is a negative income tax in the USA for people who don't make a lot of money should be known to any educated and informed person.

Not that you are either educated or informed.

Can you find any law that says citizens of the USA are entitled to their taxed income?

Yup. 10th Amendment to the US Constitution.
Now shut the fuck up and quit wasting everyone's time.

That there is a negative income tax in the USA for people who don't make a lot of money should be known to any educated and informed person.

Not that you are either educated or informed.

Once again, you display your cluelessness. EITC is just another welfare program.

Forum List

Back