No More Citizenship To Babies Born To Illegals In the U.S.?

Hagbard Celine said:
Hey, read the history of immigration. In 1790, the rule was: "that any alien, being a free white person, may be admitted to become a citizen of the United States"

The "framers" we always talk about couldn't have ever predicted how the future would turn out. Up until the 1800s, nobody even thought about immigration laws. People just came on shore from Europe and if you were brown, you were a slave. In fact, immigration wasn't even the responsibility of the federal government until 1875. So what was carved on the statue of liberty accurately reflected the immigration opinions of the framers.

The gauntlet is thrown... :dance:

Excellent observation. But I am not worried about history. I am worried about current events. A study of history doesn't show a parallel. Illegal immigration is not going to kill the USA. But it is going to distort our society. We are threatened from without by terrorism, and our very openness can be used as a weapon against us. By tightening up our immigration policies, we are only helping ourselves. BTW, I have no problem with simply enforcing the existing law fully, fairly, and consistantly everywhere. But since we are not going to enforce the existing law, let's scrap it and write it anew.

The guantlet is picked up, and since the glove don't fit........ we send it to the laundry. :teeth:

Hagbard Celine said:
Hey, read the history of immigration. In 1790, the rule was: "that any alien, being a free white person, may be admitted to become a citizen of the United States"

The "framers" we always talk about couldn't have ever predicted how the future would turn out. Up until the 1800s, nobody even thought about immigration laws. People just came on shore from Europe and if you were brown, you were a slave. In fact, immigration wasn't even the responsibility of the federal government until 1875. So what was carved on the statue of liberty accurately reflected the immigration opinions of the framers.

The gauntlet is thrown... :dance:
Yes that was the
Naturalization Act of 1790. Which Stipulated that, "any alien, being a free white person, may be admitted to become a citizen of the United States"
So where is that in the Constitution (the founders), and what does it have to do with the statue of liberty inscription, which was erected in 1886?

Any child born on American soil is considered an American citizen, always has been that way and always will be. To think any other way is, well, just all I can come up with is mean spirited. Punish the child for the sins of the father, right?

Wonder when we'll pull our head out of our asses, grant amnesty and then close the borders? Its the only way. I know its a bitter pill to swallow but its going to happen or in a hundred years we'll still be harping on illegal immigration.

Hagbard Celine said:
Actually, what is it that is carved at the base of the statue of liberty? "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free, the Wretched refuse of your teeming shore; Send these, your homeless, tempest-tost to me. I lift my lamp beside the Golden Door." Or something like that. If birth isn't a prerequisite for citizenship, then what right do any of us whities have to be here? My ancestors sure as hell weren't Indians.

History of Immigration

Dishonest response. What is written at the base of the Statue of Liberty, and/or its intent pertains to LEGAL immigrants. The topic addresses citizenship given at birth to children of ILLEGAL immigrants.

There is NOTHING that justifies this, and it is used by countless thousands of illegals to reap the benefits of a social inrastructure they in no way provide support to.

Forum List

Back