No More Carrying Groceries Home!

Efficiency, economy and savings win 90% of the time. It is only when you value a trait above those we are biologically programmed to respect through the principles thermodynamics, conservation of energy (money/effort/time) through mechanical or logistical means, does this not win.

It's not the point. America used to be a country of producers. We use to strive to do things on our own, 30 too 60 years ago things started to change we started paying others to do services for us. Use to unless it was a major task we did it on our own fix and repair around the house, car yard.
Now we can't even get off our ass and get our own food at the grocery store, unfucking believeable.

Everyone used to have a milkman that delivered the milk... wait, you were trying to get the oppisite point out.

That is a bunch of bullshit and you know it. There is nothing inherently wrong or even remotely lazy about utilizing a service that is offered and exceeds other services around. Food delivery is not only an old concept but it has been a rather normal one for years. Today, it has simply been perfected. I have over a dozen project in the works right at this moment within my house. Not having to go to the grocery store would free up time for me to actually accomplish something PRODUCTIVE instead of wasting it wandering around looking for the Parsnips or that choice cut of Flat Iron steak. If the service was up to scratch and at the right price, I would jump on it and it has nothing to do with sitting on my ass.

Funny that you would jump on calling people out on being lazy but not think of the value it can have for some and how useful that extra time might be...

yes it's lazy and yes it places people in a complaint state of mind it keeps people from getting to know people around them. When I go grocery shoping I see the same people in there shopping that I have seen for 8 years shoping at the same place.

Of course, it MUST be lazy because YOU don't do it. Because you say so and just because. I already gave you the prime example of why someone would want to do such a thing without being lazy. That is the average, not your idea that if someone is not wasting their time picking up cans of beans they MUST be sitting on the couch scratching themselves. If you are to obtuse to see that...

Everyone used to have a milkman that delivered the milk... wait, you were trying to get the oppisite point out.

That is a bunch of bullshit and you know it. There is nothing inherently wrong or even remotely lazy about utilizing a service that is offered and exceeds other services around. Food delivery is not only an old concept but it has been a rather normal one for years. Today, it has simply been perfected. I have over a dozen project in the works right at this moment within my house. Not having to go to the grocery store would free up time for me to actually accomplish something PRODUCTIVE instead of wasting it wandering around looking for the Parsnips or that choice cut of Flat Iron steak. If the service was up to scratch and at the right price, I would jump on it and it has nothing to do with sitting on my ass.

Funny that you would jump on calling people out on being lazy but not think of the value it can have for some and how useful that extra time might be...

yes it's lazy and yes it places people in a complaint state of mind it keeps people from getting to know people around them. When I go grocery shoping I see the same people in there shopping that I have seen for 8 years shoping at the same place.

Of course, it MUST be lazy because YOU don't do it. Because you say so and just because. I already gave you the prime example of why someone would want to do such a thing without being lazy. That is the average, not your idea that if someone is not wasting their time picking up cans of beans they MUST be sitting on the couch scratching themselves. If you are to obtuse to see that...

I like my privacy, I do not want a record kept of every purchase I make, no mater how conveant it may be at firstr. With every convenance we lose a little bit of freedom. With every order you make there is a list, and the way the states are becoming nanny states I don't want some statist looking at my purchase orders and say you are buying to much sugar. We will have to fine or imposse a tax on you.

Last edited:
It's not the point. America used to be a country of producers. We use to strive to do things on our own, 30 too 60 years ago things started to change we started paying others to do services for us. Use to unless it was a major task we did it on our own fix and repair around the house, car yard.
Now we can't even get off our ass and get our own food at the grocery store, unfucking believeable.

And do you chat with them? Are you on a first-name basis? Do you catch up with them and their lives when you see them at the store?

I like my privacy, I do not want a record kept of every purchase I make, no mater how conveant it may be at firstr. With every convenance we lose a little bit of freedom. With every order you make there is a list, and the way the states are becoming nanny states I don't want some statist looking at my purchase orders and say you are buying to much sugar. We will have to fine or imposse a tax on you.

Whoa! The paranoia is strong in this one.

I don't want some grocery store employee picking out my food for me.

What they call a proper pepper, tomato or cuke might not be what I call edible.

I grow a lot of my own veg, and buy the rest from the local farm shop, along with meat. But for general stuff - cans, frozen, cleaning stuff (not that I use a lot of cleaning products cuz I stick with steam for cleaning mostly), and coffee etc, I order online and have delivered. I hate grocery stores. :lol: There are so many better ways to spend my time - and, it avoids the temptation to impulse buy. I spend a lot less by shopping online.

In case you haven't noticed and see you haven't we have a current government that likes to regulate. Take some of the northern states like New York they want to tax sugar consumption in sodas, they want to impose salt restrictions. As I said with a list you can be observered. I care not to be.

And do you chat with them? Are you on a first-name basis? Do you catch up with them and their lives when you see them at the store?

Yes I do. With some I am. And yes sometimes when I am not in a rush to do somethiung. So why are you so concerned?

For a price.

I think there's a charge for about two pounds...and free after fifteen pounds...

Of course, your local supermarket probably has lower prices...

Oh...I forgot...this might mean the end of your job as greeter at Wal-Marts!

Redirect Notice

LOL. The last two days of work here the outside temps were high 80's, low 90's. Inside, where we have two furnaces going, maybe 120 to 150. An air conditioned Wal Mart sound real good at the moment.

In case you haven't noticed and see you haven't we have a current government that likes to regulate. Take some of the northern states like New York they want to tax sugar consumption in sodas, they want to impose salt restrictions. As I said with a list you can be observered. I care not to be.

Those same records can easily be kept should you use a credit card even if you go into the store. Do you deal in 100% cash because if you do not then there is no differnce between the online rechord and the electronic one that is attached to your credit card.

Also, you should note that government does not care about your purchases. Regulating from the consumer end like that is far to cost prohibitive and difficult. Instead, government regulates from the supply side of the equation. That is far easier, cheaper and more effective. Face it, Uncle Sam does not nor will it ever care about your grocery bill. Paranoia about that kind of information is not constructive. Where we need the watchful eye is how government tracks and regulates the businesses themselves.

Those same records can easily be kept should you use a credit card even if you go into the store. Do you deal in 100% cash because if you do not then there is no differnce between the online rechord and the electronic one that is attached to your credit card.

Also, you should note that government does not care about your purchases. Regulating from the consumer end like that is far to cost prohibitive and difficult. Instead, government regulates from the supply side of the equation. That is far easier, cheaper and more effective. Face it, Uncle Sam does not nor will it ever care about your grocery bill. Paranoia about that kind of information is not constructive. Where we need the watchful eye is how government tracks and regulates the businesses themselves.

True but I don't use a credit card for anything.

Paranoia about that kind of information is not constructive. Where we need the watchful eye is how government tracks and regulates the businesses themselves

It's only paranoia until it happens. You have got to maintain control over the government or the Paranoia will be fact and in your face and nothing you can do to stop it.

Forum List

Back