No More Carrying Groceries Home!

As much as I admire entrepreneurship I prefer to squeeze the mangos and look at the color of the tomatoes before I accept delivery from some illegal alien who can't speak my language and demands a 10% tip. I don't live within 300 miles of a subway anyway. I grow my own but Walmart and Krogers do pretty good.

As much as I admire entrepreneurship I prefer to squeeze the mangos and look at the color of the tomatoes before I accept delivery from some illegal alien who can't speak my language and demands a 10% tip. I don't live within 300 miles of a subway anyway. I grow my own but Walmart and Krogers do pretty good.

And in a few generations people will not feel that way. So is the way of all change.

The prices are the same as in the store, for me. Well worth it. Excellent produce, meat, seafood; everything is really good.

One time, when I was struggling to make ends meet, they took the money out of Paypal, but lost my order. They wanted me to order again, but I didn't have any money to do so. The store manager seemed to be having some trouble following why I was so upset, and my best friend called and set him straight. He called me, told me to order whatever I wanted, on the house. They put my money back AND gave me a free order. Impressive. I'll never shop anywhere else, as long as I'm local to a Lunds & Byerlys.

"A new mobile shopping experience is coming to major cities around China with a subway network, and is currently being tested in Shanghai and Beijing.

The idea is simple -- and it's basically a rip-off of what Tesco Homeplus has done in South Korea, where mobile penetration rates are among the highest in the world.

Subway stations have been converted into virtual supermarkets. All you'll need to do is to scan the QR codes of the products you want, and once you're done with your purchase, the goods are delivered to your doorstep when you get home. Shopping done!

So successful and game-changing is this technology that Tesco has become the top online supermarket in South Korea and a "very close second" offline."

Subway supermarket shopping comes to Shanghai - Shanghaiist

Virtual QR Code Supermarket in Korean Subway - Tesco - YouTube

I'd rather do my own damn shopping thank you.

As though you had a choice!

FDR included it in his "Second Bill of Rights," didn't he?

• The right to a useful and remunerative job...
• The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation; and, of course, food will be delivered right to your house and stacked neatly in the appropriate location
• The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
• The right of every family to a decent home;
• The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
• The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;
• The right to a good education.

Yep...right there in the second item.

Cradle to grave......

"A new mobile shopping experience is coming to major cities around China with a subway network, and is currently being tested in Shanghai and Beijing.

The idea is simple -- and it's basically a rip-off of what Tesco Homeplus has done in South Korea, where mobile penetration rates are among the highest in the world.

Subway stations have been converted into virtual supermarkets. All you'll need to do is to scan the QR codes of the products you want, and once you're done with your purchase, the goods are delivered to your doorstep when you get home. Shopping done!

So successful and game-changing is this technology that Tesco has become the top online supermarket in South Korea and a "very close second" offline."

• The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation; and, of course, food will be delivered right to your house and stacked neatly in the appropriate location
• The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
• The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
• The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

Cradle to grave......
ye gawds... the 4 freedoms bullshit.

Once you start talking "Freedom From" it's shorthand for "Gimme yo' money!".

Cradle to grave......

Oh but yes I have a choice either to comply or be non compliant. I choose to be non compliant.

Cradle to grave......

Oh but yes I have a choice either to comply or be non compliant. I choose to be non compliant.

You know, Reb, I was joking about FDR including delivering groceries...but you bring up an interesting point.
Most folks would sign on...that's the reason the Progressives have had a really good run during the past century...

Only folks with your attitude, "I choose to be non compliant," can avoid the warm, smothering embrace...

Alexis de Tocqueville, writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.” It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

November 2012 will see what Americans are really made of.

Cradle to grave......

You know, Reb, I was joking about FDR including delivering groceries...but you bring up an interesting point.
Most folks would sign on...that's the reason the Progressives have had a really good run during the past century...

Only folks with your attitude, "I choose to be non compliant," can avoid the warm, smothering embrace...

Alexis de Tocqueville, writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.” It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

November 2012 will see what Americans are really made of.

Thats just me if I can't be in control of my life no one else can. Everybody else can do what they want to but I choose to do it my way. If I fail I will learn from my failure.

The only way I can see how people will get out of this govrnment stupord they are in is that everything must come apart so they will have to learn how to depend on themself again.

You see Chic I am not alone here's what I was talking about, you have to get around two minutes in the video though

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaUNDSN8mNQ&feature=feedu]Armchair General - YouTube[/ame]

I don't want some grocery store employee picking out my food for me.

What they call a proper pepper, tomato or cuke might not be what I call edible.

But a can of beans is a can of beans. Most that do a delivery shy away from fresh items unless the delivery company is reputable.

But a can of beans is a can of beans. Most that do a delivery shy away from fresh items unless the delivery company is reputable.

It's not the point. America used to be a country of producers. We use to strive to do things on our own, 30 too 60 years ago things started to change we started paying others to do services for us. Use to unless it was a major task we did it on our own fix and repair around the house, car yard.
Now we can't even get off our ass and get our own food at the grocery store, unfucking believeable.

It's not the point. America used to be a country of producers. We use to strive to do things on our own, 30 too 60 years ago things started to change we started paying others to do services for us. Use to unless it was a major task we did it on our own fix and repair around the house, car yard.
Now we can't even get off our ass and get our own food at the grocery store, unfucking believeable.

Everyone used to have a milkman that delivered the milk... wait, you were trying to get the oppisite point out.

That is a bunch of bullshit and you know it. There is nothing inherently wrong or even remotely lazy about utilizing a service that is offered and exceeds other services around. Food delivery is not only an old concept but it has been a rather normal one for years. Today, it has simply been perfected. I have over a dozen project in the works right at this moment within my house. Not having to go to the grocery store would free up time for me to actually accomplish something PRODUCTIVE instead of wasting it wandering around looking for the Parsnips or that choice cut of Flat Iron steak. If the service was up to scratch and at the right price, I would jump on it and it has nothing to do with sitting on my ass.

Funny that you would jump on calling people out on being lazy but not think of the value it can have for some and how useful that extra time might be...

I buy nothing in cans so I guess I'm destined to do my own shopping.

Everyone used to have a milkman that delivered the milk... wait, you were trying to get the oppisite point out.

That is a bunch of bullshit and you know it. There is nothing inherently wrong or even remotely lazy about utilizing a service that is offered and exceeds other services around. Food delivery is not only an old concept but it has been a rather normal one for years. Today, it has simply been perfected. I have over a dozen project in the works right at this moment within my house. Not having to go to the grocery store would free up time for me to actually accomplish something PRODUCTIVE instead of wasting it wandering around looking for the Parsnips or that choice cut of Flat Iron steak. If the service was up to scratch and at the right price, I would jump on it and it has nothing to do with sitting on my ass.

Funny that you would jump on calling people out on being lazy but not think of the value it can have for some and how useful that extra time might be...

Exactly. There are a great many reasons not to go to the grocery store, and it's not about laziness.

I've gone to the store with my friend many times. However, one of the first times, I had to race to the front of the store and look out the window (as I broke into a cold sweat). Crowds are not my friend.

I buy nothing in cans so I guess I'm destined to do my own shopping.

I feel you there. Fresh is SOOOOO much better. There is value to actually COOKING your food. Particularly when a box does not pop it out in less than 5 minutes. Nothing good is achieved in 5 minutes...

It is more fuel efficient to order online & have stuff delivered. A Chinese worker lives in a dorm at their work place. The average China worker consumes less than 2 barrels of oil per year to live & make products for Americans. The average American consumes over 20 barrels of oil per year to live & make products. It is much, much, much more fuel efficient to make products in China & ship them to American homes than it is for Americans to go to work & go shopping to buy their own goods.

- A ocean cargo ship gets over 1,100 net freight ton miles per gallon.
- A barge gets 575 net freight ton miles per gallon.
- A train gets 425 net freight ton miles per gallon.
- A semi truck gets 170 net freight ton miles per gallon.
- A UPS delivery truck gets 15 net freight ton miles per gallon.
- A Jet plane gets 7 net freight ton miles per gallon.
- Fully loaded both ways a 1/2 ton pick-up truck gets 9 net freight ton miles per gallon.
- An average 20-lbs of goods per car trip to the store empty one way gets 0.125 net freight ton miles per gallon.

Last edited:

I did say unless it was a major task, if a person did not live on a farm and have a milk cow I would say that was a major task to get some milk. I don't think the garage or the play house out back would be a suitable place to house a milk cow.

yes it's lazy and yes it places people in a complaint state of mind it keeps people from getting to know people around them. When I go grocery shoping I see the same people in there shopping that I have seen for 8 years shoping at the same place.

Forum List

Back