No More Airport Nudity

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
You've seen the pictures. Near-naked photos produced by airport scanners.

I have always felt that until the President and Congress and the Supreme Court all published the photos of the scans of their spouses and children, I would never believe any statements by any of them that these do not violate privacy.

Attractive women have been singled out for these scans by the low-skill laborers operating them (TSA). And thousands of scans have been leaked onto the internet.

There are several types of scanners. The millimeter wave scanners manufactured by L-3 Communications are able to take the images and produce a cartoonish figure which highlights those areas which may have something of interest for the goons to examine.

Something like this:

14dmy45.png

These are not being discontinued.

There is another type of scanner which uses X-rays. Yeah, X-rays.

These are made by Rapidscan and the company has not been able to create software which produces the stick figures. They still make the near-naked photos.

So they are out.

Good news.

TSA Pulls Plug on Airport Nude Body Scanners | Threat Level | Wired.com

Never plan to go through either of them, you won't see me in an ariport if the TSA is there. I'll drive or take a boat.

Funny, given the health problems in this country, it was actually the TSA I felt sorry for.

The new images are a win-win for everyone.

Funny, given the health problems in this country, it was actually the TSA I felt sorry for.

The new images are a win-win for everyone.

As I said above, attractive women have been singled out by the scummier low-skilled people who man these machines.

I have always refused a scan.

TSA has always inferred that some day I will not have a choice so I may as well get used to it.

I ask them if the scan is a condition of flight today.

They say no.

I say great, get me a pat down.

comparison pictures?

You see that giant photo in the OP?

That's what a TSA person sees when they use the millimeter-wave scanners made by L-3 Communications.

Here is what they see when they use the Rapidscan machine:

Warning Graphic/Nude Images

John Wild - Terminal 4

As I suspected - sneaking a small quantity of marijuana taped underneath the ballsack would have been possible even with these scanners.

No one has an inalienable right to fly on jet liners. You either conform to the rules or don't fly.

It's your choice.

I'd gladly rather have TSA workers see a little T&A then have doubts about the safety of my air trip!

I have always felt that until the President and Congress and the Supreme Court all published the photos of the scans of their spouses and children, I would never believe any statements by any of them that these do not violate privacy.

No family.

There would be more traction by requesting the scans of the President, his Cabinet, and everyone in Congress. Use the Freedom of Information Act.

The length of Hagels dick could be important to National Security.

Perhaps the government could pay off the national debt by selling the originals back to those who were scanned - like buying pictures of yourself when you go on a cruise ship.

Never plan to go through either of them, you won't see me in an ariport if the TSA is there. I'll drive or take a boat.

I will hitch-hike before I will fly.

Directly from three different doctors (two OB-GYN's and one pediatrician): a pregnant woman should ABSOLUTELY NEVER go through the backscatter machines under any circumstances!

Forum List

Back