No military retiree COLA this year.

Yeah I am no book keeper or economist so the whole cola math formula is not a strong point for me it is just my opinion that some one who dedicated their life to our nations defense should basically get as much as we can give.

I think they're entitled to a safe and secure income in retirement and that we can do better on that, but disagree with the notion of increases without regard to anything else.

I agree. They signed their contract and get more than they signed for anyway if retired becuase of past COLA raises.
I do think they(active duty) should be better paid, but continuous raises to retirees are not right.

No we do not get more than we signed up for. When I was a young troop we were promised that if we served for 20 years or more that we would receive free health and Dental care for life. well that ended 2 years after i retired. Suddenly we had to pay for it. And I still pay for health care coverage today with no coverage for Dental. Ask congress why. You can bet that they got theirs.

I think they're entitled to a safe and secure income in retirement and that we can do better on that, but disagree with the notion of increases without regard to anything else.

I agree. They signed their contract and get more than they signed for anyway if retired becuase of past COLA raises.
I do think they(active duty) should be better paid, but continuous raises to retirees are not right.

No we do not get more than we signed up for. When I was a young troop we were promised that if we served for 20 years or more that we would receive free health and Dental care for life. well that ended 2 years after i retired. Suddenly we had to pay for it. And I still pay for health care coverage today with no coverage for Dental. Ask congress why. You can bet that they got theirs.

Just curious what year did that happen? because I think that stinks.

It started going downhill in the 90s....and continually got worse the last 10 years.

Well they started implementing it the year I retired (93) I believe I first had to start paying in 95. And that was at a Military hospital.

Mr Obama and the powers that be say that there was no inflation because the cost of Gas went down.

I don't know about all the retirees, but this one doesn't drive very much anymore. I don't have that 15 mile trip to work (one way).

Fact is I can easily go a whole week without starting the car.

The other facts are that we have seen Groceries go up. And I'm certain that the powers that be haven't been in a super market for years.

But what can you do?

Oh yes they are predicting that there won't be any inflation next year either........
But didn't they just print up a bunch of extra dollars?
And doesn't that equal inflation?

I think he seems to have a particular disdain for military retirees. He doesn't think we deserve our pay. He thinks po folks deserve it more or at least his union buddies. So don't hold your breath waiting for shit from this Commander in Chief.

Mr Obama and the powers that be say that there was no inflation because the cost of Gas went down.

I don't know about all the retirees, but this one doesn't drive very much anymore. I don't have that 15 mile trip to work (one way).

Fact is I can easily go a whole week without starting the car.

The other facts are that we have seen Groceries go up. And I'm certain that the powers that be haven't been in a super market for years.

But what can you do?

Oh yes they are predicting that there won't be any inflation next year either........
But didn't they just print up a bunch of extra dollars?
And doesn't that equal inflation?

I think he seems to have a particular disdain for military retirees. He doesn't think we deserve our pay. He thinks po folks deserve it more or at least his union buddies. So don't hold your breath waiting for shit from this Commander in Chief.

Obama was the President when they started making retirees pay for healthcare?If not who was?

Well they started implementing it the year I retired (93) I believe I first had to start paying in 95. And that was at a Military hospital.

The retirees having to pay was implemented under Clinton? That sucks.

Tri-Care prime is only $480 a year. I got Tri-Care dental as well for $60 a month taken directly out of my check.

Yes, until you turn 65. Then you have to pay for Medicare part B instead. Currently that's about $100 a month. And if you do not live near a military pharmacy you have your co-pays on your prescriptions. The older you get the more you seem to need. My wife and I spend about $500 a month on health care today. That's a far far cry from what we were promised.

And the insurance companies that contract with the government are bailing. My clients are getting notices right and left that their managed care providers (you know, the ones they MUST choose to be treated) are dropping them, and they have to figure out how to choose another.

My clients are aged and disabled. This is devastating, stressful and terrifying for them.

And in Japan and France, how are the old people doing? What is their access to medical care?

Tri-Care prime is only $480 a year. I got Tri-Care dental as well for $60 a month taken directly out of my check.

Yes, until you turn 65. Then you have to pay for Medicare part B instead. Currently that's about $100 a month. And if you do not live near a military pharmacy you have your co-pays on your prescriptions. The older you get the more you seem to need. My wife and I spend about $500 a month on health care today. That's a far far cry from what we were promised.

Well, you Republican buddies had since 1994 to make it all better.

Well, you Republican buddies had since 1994 to make it all better.

Why does it seem that most of the time when something affected the military retiree negatively, the Democrats were in charge?

Or for that matter the active military. Of course I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back