No media bias, RIGHT ..CNN reporter tweets to donate to Obama

No shit sherlock, Fox isn't news. He's a commentator; explain what a commentator is and how it is different than a reporter.

No shit sherlock, Fox isn't news. He's a commentator; explain what a commentator is and how it is different than a reporter.

How the fuck would you even know?????? You dont watch...You only know what they do from sources like Media doesn't matters and huff and puff.

Fox has both news and comment programming. The problem is fucking fools can't differentiate between the two. That's your problem - not Fox.

OMG, a single person expresses a personal political opinion on his personal twitter account!!! Clearly, this proves the massive media conspiracy to re-elect Obama!

Does anyone here think for a moment, be they Fox viewers or CNN, MSNBC, or any of a number of cable outlets have any sort of journalistic high ideals in mind rather than appealing to the needs of their respective viewers ? Having said this, is it surprising then that a so called "reporter" would then donate to a political campaign as an example, would be News Corps 1 million dollar donation to Republican Gov. So it's not surprising then that any of these political entertainment outlets would then donate to their favorite candidates. My humble opinion is that it would serve the public much better if they would all just drop the word "News" from their respective banners and take pride in what they are and that is entertainment and opinion outlets.

^^^^ True.

According to the bio conveniently provided by Whine Crapper...

K
arl Rove joined Fox News Channel (FNC) as a political contributor in February 2008. He also currently serves as a columnist for the Wall Street Journal.

Since becoming a contributor, Rove has provided analysis for the 2012 Republican Presidential primaries and caucuses. He also contributed to the 2008 Presidential election coverage, making his debut on Super Tuesday.

Read more: Karl Rove | Biography | Fox News

I don't see the word 'reporter' in his biog.

Well let's all play semantics, shall we?

Fox isn't News; Fox is all editorial all of the time. Yet, Fox pretends to be a News Program. Maybe I'm so much smarter than you I get the difference.

For example: Rove contributes a commentary. An hour later one of the 'reporters' reports on the same topic by saying, "some people are saying" or "sources tell us"...

Does anyone here think for a moment, be they Fox viewers or CNN, MSNBC, or any of a number of cable outlets have any sort of journalistic high ideals in mind rather than appealing to the needs of their respective viewers ? Having said this, is it surprising then that a so called "reporter" would then donate to a political campaign as an example, would be News Corps 1 million dollar donation to Republican Gov. So it's not surprising then that any of these political entertainment outlets would then donate to their favorite candidates. My humble opinion is that it would serve the public much better if they would all just drop the word "News" from their respective banners and take pride in what they are and that is entertainment and opinion outlets.

While I take - and agree with - your point... this is an individual reporter, not a news organization. There is a difference, a significant one. A news organization can donate to support a particular party or candidate - as long as it does so openly (which they often try to hide...).... Likewise with 'commentators'... they are open about their bias. This case involves a reporter - an individual who, by virtue of his 'profession' (and I use the description broadly as most reporters don't deserve to lay claim to being 'professionals') should be unbiased.

It damages the media when we have so few reporters/journalists who keep their integrity... I appreciate that integrity is not valued by many these days.... more is the pity.

While I take - and agree with - your point... this is an individual reporter, not a news organization. There is a difference, a significant one. A news organization can donate to support a particular party or candidate - as long as it does so openly (which they often try to hide...).... Likewise with 'commentators'... they are open about their bias. This case involves a reporter - an individual who, by virtue of his 'profession' (and I use the description broadly as most reporters don't deserve to lay claim to being 'professionals') should be unbiased.

It damages the media when we have so few reporters/journalists who keep their integrity... I appreciate that integrity is not valued by many these days.... more is the pity.

Only problem though Cali, is these reporters tend to be part of the same networks that care little about journalism and more about ratings. So I do not find this surprising at all that any reporter or anchor or editorial person would then turn around and donate to a party or candidate these days. Frankly, it's my humble opinion that Americans are better served when they seek out news on their own these days rather than having one of these "entertainment" outlets tell them what it is. The days of the unbiased reporter seeking out the story at risk of life and limb to serve the public are rare and are getting even more rare when the bottom line is how much Gold or Asprin you need to sell and not how well you will serve the public I'm afriad.

Only problem though Cali, is these reporters tend to be part of the same networks that care little about journalism and more about ratings. So I do not find this surprising at all that any reporter or anchor or editorial person would then turn around and donate to a party or candidate these days. Frankly, it's my humble opinion that Americans are better served when they seek out news on their own these days rather than having one of these "entertainment" outlets tell them what it is. The days of the unbiased reporter seeking out the story at risk of life and limb to serve the public are rare and are getting even more rare when the bottom line is how much Gold or Asprin you need to sell and not how well you will serve the public I'm afriad.

Not surprisingly, I completely agree. I am not surprised that a reporter thinks it is fitting to openly support one candidate, I do find it disappointing that so few people seem to think it's a problem.

I also agree that people should be proactive about their news - preferably using a variety of sources - from across the political spectrum - and use logic and critical thought to evaluate and form their opinions. It is, naturally, the latter that people (judging from the idiocy of USMB) that people appear to struggle with. Using logic and critical thought is harder than just running away with whatever crap they are fed by their media outlet of choice.

Glad you're back, btw, your wisdom is desperately needed on here.

I dont personally give a shit who a reporter supports or votes for but the Minute this asshole actively campaigns for a candidate his/her credibility as non biased is now shown as bullshit.

I tell you, this all is horrible. Next thing you know, Brit Hume is going to be contributing to Romney!! Oh, the horror!!

Hey dumbass Rove isn't a reporter.

How the fuck would you even know?????? You dont watch...You only know what they do from sources like Media doesn't matters and huff and puff.

Sorry to disabuse you, I do watch Fox and listen to Limbaugh - not for news, but to know what the parrots on this message board will post later in the day.

I tell you, this all is horrible. Next thing you know, Brit Hume is going to be contributing to Romney!! Oh, the horror!!

How do you know he wouldn't give to Obama????? You dont...You know why????? Cause he isnt campaigning for ether of them !

You really think a through-and-through conservative is going to be supporting Obama? What people do in their personal time is their own business and has nothing to do with their job.

How do you know he wouldn't give to Obama????? You dont...You know why????? Cause he isnt campaigning for ether of them !

You really think a through-and-through conservative is going to be supporting Obama? What people do in their personal time is their own business and has nothing to do with their job.

You don't even know if he is conservative! Is it if you don't verbally suck off Obama you must be conservative?

Forum List

Back