NO MEDIA BIAS???? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by LuvRPgrl, Aug 14, 2005.

1. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Ok, OK, Im a dork, I use aol. Its easy and cheap. so :p:

So, I turn my aol on, and they always have news headlines.

Headline : More US troop casualties.

The story went on to tell about the US soldiers killed by insurgents (TERRORISTS) I think it was about 4

Then it told of Iraqi soldiers killed, I think about 9

Then it told of civilians killed by terrorists, I think about 16.

Is it news these days that people are being murdered in the middle east? Hasnt that been happening since Cain and Abel? Or cave man vs. cave man for the atheists here.

Now, the last three paragraphs went on to describe an event that should be absolutely earth shaking news for the middle east. An UPRECEDENTED EVENT is occuring and the media wont even cover it, (knowing full well that 80% of readers dont get past the third paragraph, hence reducing their last paragraphs to "needle point illustrated" on cable tv status)

Women leaders in Iraq are insuring that the new Constitution guarantee equal rights to all, regardless of gender, religion, race or creed.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF IN THE MIDDLE EAST. I challenge one freaking liberal to show me those words of law in any middle east muslim country. Cmon LIBS, thats a direct challenge, step up to the plate and hit my fastball.

The fact that they relegated this to the end of the story is absolutelly pathetic, and the reason I dont get any of my news from main stream media anymore. No papers, no tv, cable is limited to fox.

As for any of you anti Bush, anti war, anti troop liberals, I will pesonally put the hot rod up your asses when the day of judgement comes if Im allowed to for all the pain and suffering your obnoxious myoptic assholes have created.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Spiritual ---very spiritual. I'm sure that's what Jesus would say. :rolleyes:

3. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Yes that is an uninterrupted fact of life in the region. That's one of the reasons it's ill advised to think that we can change anything over there. It's their lifestyle. They want to have constant violence. Why does anybody think they want peace, prosperity and human rights?

4. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Duh. :D

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    To think that something must remain the same because it has been that way for a long time is irrational.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    To think someone who has no real concept of your Judeo-Christian ethic is going to stop doing what they are doing because YOU think it is right is unrealistic.

By our standards, we are not dealing with rational people. ;)

7. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Really? Take Russia for example. Everyone thought the fall of communism would bring peace and love to them, but they are still miserable. That's because misery is their national emotion. It's always been this way. I agree with you just because something is hopeless doesn't mean you shouldn't try anyway. There is nobility in futile gestures.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Anyone that thought that the collapse of communism in Russia would bring peace and love was a fool.

9. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Well, Jesus did say basically that. He proclaimed that it would be a terrible, terrible day for the scribes and the pharisees, tax collectors, money changers and the sinful, the day of judgement.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It depends who you're talking to. I have a very close Ukrainian friend, she desperately wanted to move her family here, but couldn't get a green card, though did get 5 year visa. Today, since she still hasn't been able to get the green card, she thinks she will not chance coming over for 5 years, as it could mean having to return. She thinks with the improvements already underway since the revolution/election, things are looking up. I'd say that's very good news.