No meat on Friday?

Who cares if Catholics do or don't eat meat on Fridays?

They didn't eat meat on Fridays when I was a kid, but then, later, they did, and now maybe they don't again.

It's more of an issue for them. Eating meat on a Lenten Friday is a mortal sin. They're going to hell for that TGIFridays burger.

That is funny as hell! :lol:

Is that just for Catholics?

Also, while going to Catholic School, we were fed fish on Friday more often than not.

I asked a nun and she told me fish wasn't meat. Since you just don't call nuns liars, I asked a Junior Preist. He got all bent outta shape and his response was useless and long.

So, why can Catholics ear fish on Friday?

Please don't tell me it's not meat.

Note to the god haters; This is a serious question, please keep your blather off the thread. Thank you.

serious answer though.

I was under the impression that it was to give up something for god on a weekly basis. Sort of like a little lent every week.

Is that just for Catholics?

Also, while going to Catholic School, we were fed fish on Friday more often than not.

I asked a nun and she told me fish wasn't meat. Since you just don't call nuns liars, I asked a Junior Preist. He got all bent outta shape and his response was useless and long.

So, why can Catholics ear fish on Friday?

Please don't tell me it's not meat.

Note to the god haters; This is a serious question, please keep your blather off the thread. Thank you.

serious answer though.

I was under the impression that it was to give up something for god on a weekly basis. Sort of like a little lent every week.
per Ravis link it looks like the church simplified the required penance into giving up meat on Friday.

reading more of that link made me glad I'm done being involved with religion. To many wacky rules with outs in them for differeing people and circumstances.

I have over 1 million gallons of fish. I only eat fish on Tuesday. THAT'S duh day !
Worship me ( and send fifteen % of your earnings to Douger. P.O. box 666, brainwashed Niggeraguer).
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMuAnFH_lM]Tuesday Afternoon-The Moody Blues-(Long Extended Version) - YouTube[/ame]

They did away with the meatless Firdays decades ago.

But what happened to all those people who were sentenced to hell for eating meat on Fiday before the ban was lifted?

Vatican II...But I came from a predominantly Catholic town and actually lived across the street from St. Patricks Church....if one of my friends accidently ate meat on Friday...they just confessed it. Easy Peasy.

Forum List

Back