No matter who wins in November.....

Yup, no proof as expected.

Exactly what I predicted!

Just between us....late at night, alone with what-passes-for-thoughts, ....
aren't you ashamed of having signed on to the Lock-step-Liberal brigade....

....you know, where not even curiosity is allowed?

What peace process?

Final status talks between the PA and Israel.

Yeah, that was going somewhere.

Of course it was. While talks were going on there was increasing cooperation between Israel and the PA, the West Bank economy was continuing to improve after being devastated as a result of the second intifada and serious talks about the issues that were dividing Israel and the PA created attitudes and interactions that benefited both peoples. Since the talks were destroyed by Obama's inept interference in the process, the two sides have grown increasingly hostile to each other, "peace" parties on both sides have been weakened, hardline parties on both sides have grown stronger and the PA's policy of trying to separate its economy from Israel's has devastated the West Bank economy.

Sometimes the best outcome you can hope for is a cooperative process of searching for a final outcome. But Obama confuses politics with policy and apparently prefers approaches he considers to be ideologically sound rather than those that might produce the best outcomes, so because he promised to move quickly on the ME peace process if elected, he moved to try to bring down the Netanyahu government and convinced Abbas to demand concessions before returning to talks and thereby has left he situation much worse than he had found it.

In addition, after receiving intel on bin Laden's location in August 2010, Obama sat on the information for 10 months until May 2011 when his polls began to tank and again preferring politics over policy he went after bin Laden in a way that alienated Pakistan, cutting off supply lines to NATO troops in Afghanistan and forcing us to ask Russia to allow us to use Russian controlled territory and thereby limiting the US' ability to respond to Russian provocations for fear of not be able to supply our troops.

It's a very good question, one that we have been discussing at work.

I expect Obama to win, the Democrats to retain the Senate but perhaps lose 1-2 seats, and the GOP to retain the House, perhaps losing 10 seats. Nothing has really happened domestically since the Republicans won a big majority in the House. Will nothing continue to happen over the next 2 years too?

It's a very good question, one that we have been discussing at work.

I expect Obama to win, the Democrats to retain the Senate but perhaps lose 1-2 seats, and the GOP to retain the House, perhaps losing 10 seats. Nothing has really happened domestically since the Republicans won a big majority in the House. Will nothing continue to happen over the next 2 years too?

I wouldn't describe looming recession and war against the US in the middle east as nothing.
I dont expect Obama to win. Especially not the way the economy is going. Currently the only good news is the Dow. Anything can change that. One failure. One default by Greece or Spain, which is ironing out conditions for a bailout from the ECB btw. In this environment anything can trigger a lack of confidence and a run out of the market. Once that happens an air of panic creeps in and Obama's numbers tank.

If you think nothing is going to change, then it cant hurt to support Romney and test that theory. If you don't do squat, then nothing will change.

But it's your choice. Im looking forward to voting in November. Because there will be change. Im optimistic. maybe over optimistic, but im optimistic.

If you think nothing is going to change, then it cant hurt to support Romney and test that theory. If you don't do squat, then nothing will change.

But it's your choice. Im looking forward to voting in November. Because there will be change. Im optimistic. maybe over optimistic, but im optimistic.

You are definitely over optimistic.

You are definitely over optimistic.

There are good things in our future. Well, mine at least:)

I think there will be things that are different..

If Romney wins.. Elimination of Obamacare.. reduction in deficit spending (I do not fool myself into thinking that we will have a balanced budget with Romney).. elimination of some government agencies/projects

If Obamalama wins... Obamacare is kept AND more government programs come forward.. debt increases even faster.. more and more class warfare..

Unfortunately, there are things with both candidates that are against my conservative stance... I will disagree much with Romney if he is elected... I will disagree with Obamalama a ton if he is re-elected

You truly believe that Romney will have Obamacare overturned? Will he be a dissapointment if he doesn't achieve that?

Yes he would be a disappointment if that would not happen... and I would go toward another candidate in the following election if that were the case

Forum List

Back