No life without parole

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
If the crimes are heinous or numerous enough and the evidence strong enough to warrant incarceration for life without the possibility of parole (or an equivalent sentence like 100+ years), why should taxpayers be forced to pay for a criminal for the rest of the criminal's life? Why not simply execute them? If they can't be let near society ever again, why was the money for food, water, electricity, clothing, and medical care for someone who had to be permanently removed from society?

Rope can be as cheap as a few bucks a foot and still hold all the needed weight. Steel cable can be had for a buck per foot. An axe costs fifty bucks and is reusable. How much does it cost to get a can of nitrogen or CO2 and hook a mask up to it? How much does potassium cyanide cost?

Instead, we punish society through taxation for following the law and reward those criminals with free room, board, laundry, medical care, and other comforts for the rest of their lives.

more than 50% of the people we are paying for in jail, are there because they did drugs or sold drugs or both....

I certainly am fine with paying for a person in prison that actually belongs there...

besides the fact that keeping a person in prison their whole life actually costs LESS than sentencing them to death which gives them a certain amount of appeals at the tax payer's expense which actually costs tax payers more than a lifetime in prison whithout all of those necessary appeals before the State kills someone in our names.

Last edited:
  • Banned
besides the fact that keeping a person in prison their whole life actually costs LESS than sentencing them to death which gives them a certain amount of appeals at the tax payer's expense which actually costs tax payers more than a lifetime in prison whithout all of those necessary appeals before the State kills someone in our names.

They should get no more appeals than anyone else. Yours is not a reasonable or logical argument against my case, but against the current way in the systems is currently set up.

1 of every 8 people on death row are thought to actually be innocent...society should not kill people to show them killing is wrong...the death penalty in the us is abused by the police....they remove the death penalty from the table to get people to bargain with them...take your chances of going to trial or confuse and remove the death penalty ...that is simply not right....if we continue to judge things only by the cost (which care is right currently its cheaper to house them than kill them) what does that say about us as a society?

Why not simply execute them?

Exactly. Something within our society makes us reluctant to kill our own. It isn't only economics or "maybe new evidence...etc"... Maybe "in prison for the rest of your life" doesn't give us (society) anything back, except a society where you don't need to die to save the rest of us money?

Good question really. No easy answer.

• Banned
1 of every 8 people on death row are thought to actually be innocent...

Thought by whom? Evidently not by the jury or judge(s) they've been before. YOu have some kinda source for these claims?

society should not kill people to show them killing is wrong...the death penalty in the us is abused by the police....they remove the death penalty from the table to get people to bargain with them...

Hey, what do you know, if followed to the extereme, my proposal would get rid of such deals! :razz:

take your chances of going to trial or confuse and remove the death penalty ...that is simply not right....if we continue to judge things only by the cost (which care is right currently its cheaper to house them than kill them) what does that say about us as a society?

Um, dipshit... theft is only illegal due to the cost to the victim and society...

It's all a giant cost/risk/gain calculation

1 of every 8 people on death row are thought to actually be innocent...society should not kill people to show them killing is wrong...the death penalty in the us is abused by the police....they remove the death penalty from the table to get people to bargain with them...take your chances of going to trial or confuse and remove the death penalty ...that is simply not right....if we continue to judge things only by the cost (which care is right currently its cheaper to house them than kill them) what does that say about us as a society?

Provide actual, factual evidence that any INNOCENT person has EVER been put to death in the current period of time.

I disagree that if someone gets life we should just execute them. I also disagree that we routinely execute innocent people.

If the crimes are heinous or numerous enough and the evidence strong enough to warrant incarceration for life without the possibility of parole (or an equivalent sentence like 100+ years), why should taxpayers be forced to pay for a criminal for the rest of the criminal's life? Why not simply execute them? If they can't be let near society ever again, why was the money for food, water, electricity, clothing, and medical care for someone who had to be permanently removed from society?

Rope can be as cheap as a few bucks a foot and still hold all the needed weight. Steel cable can be had for a buck per foot. An axe costs fifty bucks and is reusable. How much does it cost to get a can of nitrogen or CO2 and hook a mask up to it? How much does potassium cyanide cost?

Instead, we punish society through taxation for following the law and reward those criminals with free room, board, laundry, medical care, and other comforts for the rest of their lives.

Possibly because life without parole in American prisons is a fate worse than death?

But to the extent that this vermin cost taxpayers money I am certainly on the same page with that complaint.

First: The cost being higher to put them to death is a myth.

Second: With modern criminal science fewer innocent people are put to death.

Third: Thanks to those fighting against the death sentence, criminals who want it (and deserve it) actually cost the most.

Fourth: Money isn't the only resource to consider.

Fifth: The prisons are overcrowded across the globe, instead of freeing rapists with nothing but a "sexual predator" label, we could just make our lives safer by ... putting them to death as well.

o and right we release a bunch but never killed an innocent man.....right there sgt...keep your mind closed as possibe.

Until you provide facts supported by evidence you are the one full of shit.

Actually, no, she is correct that in the past (with the pre-DNA forensic science) there have been, which have been proven by said science. However, when DNA evidence is utilized, this won't happen.

Fifth: The prisons are overcrowded across the globe, instead of freeing rapists with nothing but a "sexual predator" label, we could just make our lives safer by ... putting them to death as well.

However, when DNA evidence is utilized, this won't happen.

Those two statements together sounds not so good in my mind...

Praytell, why are you confused about that?

Well, rape is a crime where DNA is often easily obtained, but it isn't uncommon that it's useless as evidence since the question often regards the circumstances, if it was a mutual act.
And if you then think all convicted rapists should be killed and you see DNA-evidence as a garatuee for a correct execution, well - do you see what I mean?

Last edited:
Those two statements together sounds not so good in my mind...

Praytell, why are you confused about that?

Well, rape is a crime where DNA is often easily obtained, but it isn't uncommon that it's useless as evidence since the question often regards the circumstances, if it was a mutual act.
And if you then think all convicted rapists should be killed and you see DNA-evidence as a garatuee for a correct execution, well - do you see what I mean?

There's your problem, you connected the two statements. One was opinion, the other fact, I'll see if you can determine which is which.

Forum List

Back